Sequel: I Lost It
Status: Moving on to the Sequel...

Remind Me

Leave it!

I pulled into the driveway of my condo.

Still, the entire way home I thought only of what I had just done. I could not help myself anymore, I had to text him.

I went inside and Puck was standing excited at the door, as usual. I let him out the door and pulled out my phone as I was waiting.

-Hey it’s Katie. I’m thinking about taking you up on the offer of dinner on the water(:

Within 4 seconds I had a text back.

-Couldn’t resist me any longer? ;)

I smiled, knowing he was right.

-You’re lucky you are cute enough to pull off being cocky, my friend. Where should I meet you?

-I will pick you up. How does 2:30 sound?

I checked the time— 1:15.

-Perfect:) See you then!

I sent him my address, calling Puck, and ran inside to get ready.

By 2:00, I had straightened my hair and put on my makeup. All I had left was to get dressed.
As I was putting my shoes on I heard the doorbell ring. I ran down the stairs to open the door for Jeff and then ran back up to get my bag from my bed.

When I came back down, I saw Jeff sitting on the floor playing with Puck. I guess that means that they liked each other. Now it was our turn.

“Ready to go?” I asked

Jeff looked up from the dog and froze. I hope for a good reason.

“Definitely.” He got up and opened the door. “Ladies first.”

“Well, you’ve certainly got the manners thing down.” I complimented him, as I kissed puck before I locked the door.

“What are the chances that I am getting as lucky as the dog tonight?” Jeff joked.

“Hmmm...” I winked at him.

I got into his truck and buckled up. He started the car up and I immediately went to take control of the radio. To my own surprise he had on my favorite Country Station.

“Woah, you’re a country music boy?”

“Oh yeah, sorry, you can change that!”

“No! No! I am a complete country girl… well music wise. I am from Connecticut.” I couldn’t help but smile at him as he listed to me talk.

“…shake it for me girl, shake it for me girl, shake it for me.” Jeff sang along with the radio and then looked at me. “Sorry!!”

I continued to watch him, laughing. “No, don’t mind me. Keep going!” I insisted.

He changed the station, embarrassed. “Let’s see what else is on.”

“No… Don’t like this one either. Hate that song too.” I gave Jeff a hard time about the radio.
“Leave it! Leave it! Leave it! I’ll sing this one.”

Jeff smiled at me. “Let’s hear it!”

“You be my soft and sweet, I’ll be your strong and steady. You be my glass of wine, I’ll be your shot of Whiskey. You be my sunny day, I’ll be your shady tree. You be my honeysuckle, I’ll be your honey bee.” I sang.

“I will be.”

“What?” I laughed.

“I’ll be all of that for you. Your soft and sweet, your glass of wine, your sunny day…”

“You’re so cheesy!” I looked at him and laughed, again.

“Neeeext!” I started to change the stations again looking for another song.

“Leave it!” Jeff’s hand jumped toward the screen and grabbed mine.

He held my hand, while our arms rested on the console, and started to quietly sing along.

“Remind me, remind me. Remember the airport dropping me off. We were kissing goodbye and we couldn’t stop.” He whispered along with Carrie Underwood.

“And I felt bad cause you missed your flight.” I jumped in with Brad Paisley.

“But that meant we had one more night.” We both sang.

I looked down at him holding my hand and smiled to myself, then looked up and noticed that he was watching me. I looked back out the front window, embarrassed, until, out of the corner, of my eye I saw him smile and felt his hand squeeze mine.

You okay?” He asked me, with a smile.

“Great.” I answered back.

“Good.” Jeff smiled, like always. “You know I’d get in trouble if that happened, right? If I missed my flight…”

I laughed at him, “I’ll be sure to never let that happen.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading guys! I really appreciate it! (:

Dumb question, but I am new to this. Does anyone know how to make the fonts bold/italic on here? I type all of my stuff in Word and it doesn't convert correctly. Just wondering for my stuff that I have like phone calls/text conversations. It makes it easier to read.

And if anyone knows how to make it so that I can add a link where I can do collages/pictures/videos, can you please let me know? Thanks in advance!!!