Sequel: I Lost It
Status: Moving on to the Sequel...

Remind Me

It’s a date then?

I woke up and looked at the time on the cable box—6:08... I had been sleeping for less than 4 hours, but I had to get up. My head was pounding.

I slowly moved out of Jeff’s arms making sure, especially, not to hit his leg. I didn’t want to wake him up.

“You leaving me?” He asked, possibly still sleeping, but grabbing my hand. He does that a lot…

“I’m just gonna run to the bathroom.”

“Please come back.” He said rubbing my hand and finally letting go.

“Promise.” I answered and walked around the kitchen, down the hall to the Jeff’s room.

I went to the bathroom and sat on his bed for a minute.

Jeff’s POV

I woke up and it was 7:50. Katie was not back on the couch. Did she leave?

I got up and crutched around to the kitchen. Her phone was still on the counter and so were my keys. She must be here somewhere…

I sat on the chair at the counter and put my brace on. With this thing I could walk, almost perfectly fine. Little pain, but no big problem.

I walked back to my room and saw her sleeping on my bed. I contemplated getting in bed with her, but decided I didn’t want to wake her up.

I got clothes out and went into the bathroom and took a shower.

I put on a pair of sweatpants and went back out of the bathroom. Katie was just getting up and I walked over and sat on the bed next to her.

“Good morning.” I smiled at her.

“Hi.” She said. “How’d you sleep? Did I squish you?”

“Not at all.” I said putting my hand on her leg.

She put her head back down.

“You alright?” I asked her.

“Yeah, I just have a headache. I’ll be fine.”

“Do you want something?” I asked her, as I leaned and pushed her hair out of her face. “You feel really warm. I think you might have a fever.”

“I’m alright. Probably just a little virus that I picked up from wor—the hospital” She said.

“Sorry.” I apologized to her.

“It’s not your fault.” She said. “Any of it.”

“I know, but I feel bad that you have to go through it.”

“I am just thankful that I have you to help me through it.” She said to me and it made me feel so good. I am glad that I can help someone else through a hard time.

“So what do you have going on today?” She asked me.

“I was supposed to have practice and a game and then the team is going to New York tonight, but I am not going. I am going to run to practice quick, just to stop by and see the guys since I left before the end of the game, but I don’t have to actually do anything. I am all yours.”

“So, you don’t have to go to the game?” She asked me.

“I can’t play, so no. They will call someone else up.”

“Then do you want to really go to dinner with your family this time?”

“That sounds amazing. They will finally get to really meet you.”

Her face lit up, and I could honestly say I was the luckiest person in the world to see that smile.

“It’s a date then?” I asked her.

“It’s a date… with your parents.” She joked.

“I can’t wait.” I said leaning down and kissing her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was home for a little and decided to write this quickly. Nothing big, just an update. I am anticipating the next chapter being a long one. Hope you enjoy it, even though nothing really happens:)