Sequel: I Lost It
Status: Moving on to the Sequel...

Remind Me

“Getting To Know You"

We pulled up to the hotel and I walked around the side of the car and grabbed her hand. We walked inside and went up to the room. I quickly leaned in and kissed her before knocking on the door.

“Hey guys!” Jen said as she answered the door.

Before we could say anything back, Jen had pulled Kate in for a hug. When did they get so close?

I couldn’t help but smile.

“I love your shirt!” Actually—your whole outfit! That is so cute!” Jen explained, getting all

excited.
“Thanks!” Katie smiled.

We finally made our way into the room and only my sisters were in there.

“Where’s Ben?” I asked them and Jen ignored me and walked into the bathroom.

“We made him go to Mom and Dad’s room so we could all get ready in here.” Jill jumped in telling me.

Katie walked back to go sit in a chair with Jill and Andrea near the window and Erica walked over to me.

“So, Jilly told you?”

“Yeah, I’m sorry Er. I didn’t mean to cause problems with your friends.”

“Are you kidding me? I would hardly call someone screwing over your family a friend!” She said as she gave me a hug. “Don’t worry about it!”

Jen came out of the bathroom and walked into us hugging each other.

“Cute guys, but my hair is done now, so we are out of here.”

“I’ll call mom!” Andrea said, lunging for her phone.

“I AM SO HUNGRY!” Jill yelled.

“Hey mom, you guys ready?”

“Okay, we’ll meet you in the lobby in five then.”

“Alright, bye.”

They’re going down now.” She told us as she hung up the phone.

“Let’s go, people!” Jill said getting excited.

Everyone grabbed their jackets and we left the hotel room, turning off all the lights.

When we met my parents and Ben in the lobby, we said our ‘Hi’s’ and split up into two cars.

We decided to do all of “us kids”, as my dad put it, in one car and he and my mom would take the rental car that they had.

When we got to the car, Ben and Katie stood outside insisting that the other take the front.

After about five minutes, they left it up to me to pick and I obviously picked Katie which got me an evil eye from her.

“What?” I asked. “I would much rather hold your hand than his!” I joked, grabbing her hand.

“You two are way too cute!” Erica said. “Katie, I’m really sorry that my ‘friend’ caused all this stuff to happen.”

“Oh you don’t have to be sorry!” Katie tried to tell her. “I’m sorry that I got her so upset, I didn’t mean to cause problems with your family! I—”

“Oh man, you are way too nice!” Jill interrupted and everyone laughed.

“She’s right!” Ben said and soon everyone was agreeing.

The entire ride there we were playing “getting to know you” and we went around the car asking each other questions and just laughing the whole time. It was so great to have all of my sisters, my brother, and the girl that I love, all laughing together.

We pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant and walked in.

“Name?” The man asked, not-so-friendly.

“Skinner.”

“Uhh, how many is that, sir?”

“Oh, sorry. We have 9 of us.”

“Ahh, so this is you. Your reservation was for 7:00 and we asked you to be here on time. It is now 7:07 and your reservation has been canceled. We have given your table away. I would estimate 45 minutes for one to become available again.”

That is definitely not what I was expecting.

I turned around to them. “What do you guys wanna do?”

“Let’s go somewhere else. I’m starving.” Jill said.

“Jill, you’re always hungry.” Ben snapped at her.

“Yeah, I agree with Jill. Let’s just go.” Jen insisted.

We all walked back out and piled into the car. This time there was no fight for the front.

“If you two got in the car this easily at the hotel, we wouldn’t be looking for a place to eat right now.” I joked and Katie leaned over hitting my arm and everyone laughed.

“Alright, where to now?” I asked.