Sequel: I Lost It
Status: Moving on to the Sequel...

Remind Me

And For The Record

I knocked and knocked, but no answer, so I fell to the ground with my back to his door and just sat there. 

I didn't know what else to do. 

As I sat there, I just continued to think about it all again. What would happen either way. 

Each different scenario I played in my head would lead me back to, "I love you-- no matter what."

Just then, the door opened behind me and I looked up to see Jeff's face-- understandably shocked. 

I started to cry and he leaned down and wrapped his arms around me tightly. 

"It's gonna be okay. I promise."

He lifted me up and carried me... like a baby, I guess, and sat us down on the couch.

"Just talk to me."

"Well I told you what happened with me and that guy, when I texted you, and that was it. That was the extent of the whole thing. So then I was late, and I though nothing of it-- I figured it would come-- and then still nothing. As much as I tried to think of other reasons why this could be happening, I couldn't face the truth. I could be pregnant." I took a breath and continued my rant. "And so this morning I went to the doctor and then I finally got your text when I got back out to the car and when I read that, I just knew I could count on you to just sit here with me and wait for the results. I knew you could be supportive, and just be here... That's all I need."

"Well then, let's just wait." He said, kissing my cheek. "And for the record, I must have been in the shower when you got here. I wasn't ignoring you, I swear."

I intertwined my fingers with his and just looked at them, still thinking... this time about how I didn't want this to change. 

~~~

"hello?"

"Hi Miss. Caan. It's Ashley from the doctors office." 

"Yes, hi." I said, hoping she would just spit out the answers I was waiting for.

"Katie, the Dr. Chudwick would like you to come down to the facility so she could speak with you face to face."

"Okay, thank you, I will be there soon!"

I hung up, without even listening for her to say goodbye.

I stood up and grabbed my sweatshirt, pulling it over my head.

"You need to go there? They didn't just tell you on the phone?"

"No... And I don't know what to think. I don't know what this means."

"Let me drive you." he offered. "I will stay in the car, I just don't want to to drive when you're upset."

As I gave him a small smile, he got up and picked his keys up off the counter along with his phone. 

"Come on, beautiful." he said and I thought of old times when this was all easier-- you know, three whole days ago. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo short. Happy New Year, and yes, I really did post another one without telling you of she was pregnant or not(: Comment wouldn't hurt, guys;)