My Only One

Waiting

Jack-
I sat in the chair waiting patiently for her answer. I knew I upset her slightly by the fact she didn’t look up at me and that she fell silent. I slowly put my hand on hers trying to reassure her I was in no way angry or mad at her decision.
“I don’t know why.” She mumbled. “I was scared and hurt. I was hurt because you left me after I told you I couldn’t marry you. I couldn’t because I was scared of how you would react if I told you that I was pregnant.”
“You should have told me. I mean yeah I was in shock when I found out about Audrey, but I love her more than anything. She is just like her mom.” I smiled trying to get her to smile.
“I know that, now. But Jack I was eighteen. I was so scared. It was hard raising her on my own. I had my parents to help me and all but for the past four years I wanted to tell you about Audrey, but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.”
“I understand, but now that I know about her, I want to be in her life as much as possible. I leave for tour in a few weeks but I’m not going to let that stop me from being a dad. We can Skype so I can talk to her. No matter what I have to be in my daughter’s life.”
“If I knew you were going to react like this I would have told you. I’m so stupid.” She buried her beautiful face in her hands.
“No you’re not, you’re one of the most amazing people I know. You raised such a great little girl. She loves you, just like I do.”
“You do?” She blushed.
“Yeah, I mean come on you were the girl I fell in love with in high school.” She faintly smiled before getting up and walking back toward the room. I hit the table with my hand. “Damn it.” I muttered. A woman looked at me.
“Are you okay?” She stepped in front of me.
“I don’t know.” I groaned. Right now I didn’t want to be bothered by anyone.
“You don’t seem like you’re okay.” She sat at the table with me.
“I don’t want to talk about it.” I huffed and walked away from the woman. As I walked back to the room I got a new text from Alex. ‘Hey how is Audrey?’. Continuing the walk to the room I typed a reply, ‘she’s still sleeping but they said it went well.’ Once I entered the room I noticed Brittany looking out the window. I slowly made my way to her letting my feet guide me. She jumped at the touch of my hand on her shoulder.
“Oh, it’s just you.” She breathed in.
“You should really get some sleep. I’ll stay up in case she wakes up, and when she does I’ll wake you.” I whispered.
“I can’t sleep, and if I couldn’t then I can’t now. It’s just the way I am.”
“Why did you walk away from me a few minutes ago?” I asked. She slowly turned to face me.
♠ ♠ ♠
i forgot about this story... but looks like im not getting any feedback with it so i dont know if ill keep updating..