Sequel: Homecoming

Goodbye Life As I Know It

Chapter 13

I woke up in Billie Joe's arms. His chest slowly rose and fell with every sleeping breath. I stayed there for a few minutes, letting the sleep wear off. I got up and found myself energized and ready to take on the day, whether that involved more kissing, or me being honest with him. I hoped I wouldn't work up the courage to talk to him.
What happened last night was more sick and twisted than him being engaged to my mom. I knew this wouldn't be kept secret forever. Mom would find out. I would hurt her.
I sat at the table and rested my head in my hands, thinking of what to say. Warm arms snaked around my waist. I jumped, nearly elbowing Billie in the face.
He stumbled back. "Damn, Jade!"
"Sorry," I squeaked. "You scared me."
He laughed. " How did I scare you? I said 'morning'."
"Oh." I sighed. "I've just been too busy thinking about-"
"Last night?"
I nodded.
He hugged me tight to his chest. "I know. I don't know what happened or why I did it. It just...felt...right? I guess. Something like that."
"I'm so confused," I whispered.
"Me too."
He kissed me again. But this kiss wan't like the one from last night. This kiss was more urgent. When he pulled away, we were both breathing hard.
"Love you, Jade," He said so quietly, I almost didn't hear him
"I love you too."
I meant it. More than I even had before. I loved him. No matter what was to happen. I loved him.
"What do we do," I asked.
"I don't fuckin' know," he muttered.
I giggled. "It's cute when you curse."
"Don't you get enough of that from the music?" He showed his crooked smile.
"Nope."
He pulled me to my feet and brought me over to the couch. I sat in his lap and he rubbed my back.
"What are we doing today?"
"I dunno," I said.
"Figure out what to do and then go out to dinner?"
"I'm not wasting my whole day because we fucked up. Can't we just wing it?"
"I guess."
He pressed his lips to mine. That day, we ended up just lounging around the hotel and then we went out to dinner. Nothing specially. I slept in his amrs again that night. In the morning, we packed up. He pulled me into his arms.
"Since this is probably the last alone time for a while...."
We kissed. After that, we headed back into my life that had become a living hell in two days.
♠ ♠ ♠
Muahaha! They're truly evil! What did her mom ever do to deserve that? Oh right, get engaged with Billie....