Sequel: Homecoming

Goodbye Life As I Know It

Chapter 2

I waited. And waited. I hung up and called back. It rang. Oh my God. It's ringing!
"Hello, caller number 13!"
"Oh my God! No way!"
"You've won a trip for you and a friend to Pier 39 in San Fransisco!"
"Yay! Thank you!"
The guy on the radio laughed. "Now which station plays all the latest hits?"
"I could care less!" I hung up.
I was so excited. Pier 39 was absolutely amazing, or so I'd thought. I've always wanted to go there. Now I could with whoever I felt like bringing. I ran down the stairs.
"Mom! Mom! Guess what? I won a trip to-" I stop short, my breath getting caught in my throat.
"Oh here she goes," Mom muttered to the gorgeous blonde man across from her at the table.
He smiled, showing his crooked teeth. I couldn't stop myself from gazing into his color changing eyes, that right now took on green. I felt like I was going to throw up. Or faint. Or both. I did neither. My legs wobbled.
"Could you excuse me?" I ran back upstairs and into my. I screamed at the top of my lungs and took several deep breaths. I came back down and stood next to mom. "Hi," I squeaked.
"Hey," Billie said.
"Um, mom? Why didn't you tell me you were working with them in the studio?"
"I told you to come by yesterday. It was supposed to be a surprise."
"Oh. Uh, cool. I-I love your mus-sic," I stuttered.
Billie chuckled. "You want a hug?"
I nodded. "Yes please."
He stood up and wrapped his arms around me. That's when I couldn't take it anymore. I blakced out. All I knew was that I'd fainted. I heard their voices and could tell it was a few minutes later.
"I'm sorry, Jade's a little obsessed."
"Don't worry about it. I've gotten worse reactions."
"Like that girl that jumped on your back to get your autograph," I said quietly.
"Yeah, that's gotta be the worst. You really know your Green Day."
"So, why are you here? I mean, it's not a problem, I just want to know...That came out completely wrong."
"He's here because we're some stuff with the new album. Mike and Tre are coming too."
I was speechless. I sat on the couch, mouth agape. "Like, to the house," I finally managed.
"Yes," mom said. "They're coming to the house."
I screamed.
Billie started laughing.
"I'm sorry," I said quickly. "I'm just...Seriously, your biggest fan."
The doorbell rang.
"Don't scream," mom said before I'd even prosessed that the doorbell ringing meant the other two people I totally idolized were here.
I was in a daze as she got the door and invited them in. We were all sitting in the livingroom in a very awkward silence. Mom started bringing up business stuff. Then, she offered to order a pizza, considering their discussion would run late.
"What's the new album called," I asked.
"It's a surprise."
"Aw! That's no fun! Wait, is it Cigarettes and Valentines? 'Cause that's what you were gonna put out and then your masters got stolen an you-" I stopped myself. "I'm babbling. You know what happened. Obviously. Sorry!"
"It's alright," Billie said.
He was smiling. Oh my God! His smile was so gorgeous. He was gorgeous! All of them were! They were so imperfect it made them perfect!
"I'm Jade, by the way."
Mom entered the room. I stood up.
"I guess I should go..." I looked at the three of them and then at mom. "I'll see you later."
I had to force myself to walk away. I'd see them again. I knew I would. The album was just getting started. And after that, we'd still be friends....maybe. I shook myself mentally. Stop stressing over having huge crushes on them! Billie's married and Mike had a girlfriend. Then there was Tre, who was a lot older than me. And plus, Mike and Billie are a year older than Tre.
That didn't mean I could stop being obsessive though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Honestly, I'm not gonna lie about how a huge fan would react to seeing their idols in her own house. All those stories put out people being generally calm. Most fans would freak though. Chapter 3 on the way! Comment!