Sequel: Homecoming

Goodbye Life As I Know It

Chapter 3

Dinner arrived and I headed back downstairs. I kept my cool....well, to the best of my ability. I sat next to Billie for dinner, mom sat across from us, next to Tre, and Mike sat at the head of the table. They continued talking about the format of the record and throwing around song names that I'd never heard before.
Billie rested his hand on the table. I noticed he wasn't wearing his wedding ring. What the hell? Maybe he just lost it. There was no way the match made in heaven that was Billie and Adrienne had split. THAT'S IT! I'm being paranoid! Ugh. I had a splitting head ache.
We finished dinner and all moved to the living room. I pretended to be focused on the magazine in my hand, while I was actually picking up everything about the new album I could get.
Now I was being obsessive, not that I wasn't already. I hit rock bottom as I scribbled Green Day all over the inside of the magazine. I needed a support group. I could just imagine myself standing up and saying, "My name is Jade and I'm Green Day-a-holic." If you can picture yourself doing that, you know you're too obsessed. They're just normal guys. Besides being mega famous rockstars. Not helping.
"Jade?"
I realized Billie had been talking to me. I tossed the magazine on the table.
"Oh, uh, yeah?"
"Do you wanna come to the studio tomorrow?"
"Yes! I mean, sure. Sounds fun."
"We know you're crazy in love with us. You don't have to hide it," Tre teased.
I blushed. "It's that noticable?"
"Uh, yeah." He laughed. "It's okay, I'm kind of obsessed with us too."
Billie, Mike, mom, and I laughed.
"We better get going," Mike said.
"Yeah, I gotta get the kids from Adie," Billie said.
Mom and I walked them out and was saying bye to Mike and Tre. I caught up to Billie, who was about to get in his BMW.
"Billie?"
"Yeah?"
"What do you mean 'Get the kids from Adie'?"
He shrugged. "They're at her house. It's my night."
"You aren't....together?"
He shook his head.
"I'm so sorry. You guys were great together." I groaned. "I just totally stuck my foor in my mouth, didn't I?"
"No, it's no big deal." Mike and Tre were approaching. "I'll see you tomorrow."
"Bye."
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww. :( Adie and Billie are truely a match made in heaven. Such a shame. Lol. If they ever broke up for real, I would freak. I <3 them to pieces!