Sequel: Homecoming

Goodbye Life As I Know It

Chapter 5

I was at the local coffee shop, applying for a job. I'd forced myself to skip the studio today so I could get a job. I needed to make some money. After that, I drove back home. Mom was making dinner, and she seemed to be working really hard on it.
"I'm home," I called as I headed upstairs.
"Wait, Jade!"
"Hm?"
"You're going out tonight, aren't you?"
I nodded. "In a few minutes. I just came home to change."
"Tell Serena I said hi."
"Will do." I headed to my room to change and then I ran back out to my car.
I drove to Serena's apparentments. She was a long time penpal. Thre years ago, we'd went on vacation to San Fransisco and we'd met up for the first time. She hopped in the car and leaned over the middle to hug me tight.
"It's fucking great to see you!"
"You too. I missed you!"
We hugged again.
"So where are we going?"
"Girls night out. Any good clubs around here," I asked.
She smirked. "Oh yes. Plenty."
I'm not gonna lie, I did drink, but I didn't get drunk. Serena was wasted though. In the care on the twenty minute ride, I'd explained all my insane Green Day happenings. She'd known I loved them and was happy for me. Next stop was getting her to meet Sum 41. We were total rock junkies.
So anyways, we went to the club, met a few guys, had some drinks, and had a great time. She'd been insisting for a while that I get out of my mom's house and move in with her, and right now, I'd considered it. Although, I wouldn't discus it further with her until she was sober. I let us in her house and she flopped on the sofa.
"That was incredible! Are you gonna go home and stalk Billie?"
"I'm not gonna stalk him! And what, you think he's at my house?"
"Well, I thought you said he comes over."
I shook my head. "He came over three days ago to talk to my mom about business. Then we ordered pizza and got far off topic, but that's not the point. I'll see him at the studio tomorrow."
She grinned. "You said he's single. Make a move!"
"As much as I wish, that would never happen in a million years," I said, trying not to drift into daydreams about kissing him on his soft lips......Ugh. Not gonna happen. Unfortunately.
"Hey, you never know."
"Are you alright with me leaving?"
"Yep. Go ahead."
"Bye, I'll call you when I get a chance. Make sure you're still alive in the morning."
"Sounds like a plan."
I drove back home. It was only nine. A lot earlier than I'd expected. And apparently a lot earlier than mom expected. What I saw shocked me. She was on the couch next to Billie. They were holding hands and talking.
"A-am I, um, interrupt-t-ting something?"
"Oh, honey! Um, you're home. Whya re you home so early?"
"Serena was drunk. She didn't feel good." I couldn't fight it. "What the hell's going on here!?"
"I invited Billie over for dinner."
"Oh. Uh, cool. I'm, uh, gonna go upstairs." I ran up the stairs.
What the fuck!? My own mom was downstairs cuddling and holding hands with the man of my dreams!
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun! Plot twister? Did you expect that? I think not! Okay, let me tell you how this come to be. I was thinking that if my parents ever got divorced, and Billie was single, I'd want my mom to marry him. Then I was like....wait. Hell no! Okay, maybe Mike, becuase, I do think he's cute, but not in the Billie-Joe-Absolutely-Gorgeous way. Don't forget to comment!