Status: Completed.

All Yours Somehow

you can break me down

22nd September 2012

The girl looking back at me was a far cry from the girl I was a few years ago. Growing up, I was just the same as everyone, insecure, stressed, weak and awkward and I thought it was a stage I’d never grow out of. Now the figure looking back was strong, confident and, most of all, happy. I’d grown up into my body and grown as a person.

“You look stunning” my mom said, walking behind me and running her hand softly down my hair. “Penny for your thoughts?”

“Are you proud of me?” I asked, turning to face her.

“What? Of course I am, sweetie,” she smiled. “Hannah, I am so proud of the woman you’re becoming, of the woman you have become. No matter what you do or where you go, I will always be proud of you. And I hope you remember that. You might not be young anymore, but you will always be my little girl. I love you, Hannah.”

“I love you too, mom,” I said, hugging her as a tear fell down my cheek.

“Hey, can I get in on this action?” Summer asked, appearing in the doorway with Holly.

“You look beautiful, girlie, I’m glad you’re my best friend,” Holly said, walking over and kissing my cheek. “Trust you to find the tightest, most figure hugging dress possible.”

“Hannah,” I heard my dad say. I turned around to see him dressed in his suit and smiled. “My little girl is all grown up and you’ve never look more gorgeous than right now.”

“Thank you, daddy,” I said.

“You haven’t called me that in a long time, you must want something,” he laughed.

“Just want to tell you that I love you,” I told him.

“I have something for you,” he said, reaching into his jacket pocket, pulling out a small box and holding it out for me. “It’s not from me though.”

I opened the box to find a note folded up inside with Mrs O’Callaghan written on it that I pulled out first and unfolded.

Hannah
Today is our wedding day and you deserve to have every dream come true, so please find inside this box your ‘something new’. I just hope you have your something old, borrowed and blue sorted too.
John


As I looked back into the box, I saw a beautiful set of diamond earrings inside.

“He’s thought of everything,” I said, showing my dad the note and earrings. I had already thought of these things, my something old was my Tiffany’s necklace that my parents bought me for my 16th birthday and had worn almost everyday for the past 7 years. My borrowed item was a bracelet, which was blue, that my mom had let me wear for the day. And no one knew it, but I was currently wearing a blue garter under my dress to actually cover blue.

“Alright, well we best get going, your car’s here, kiddo,” he said, taking my hand and leading me downstairs.

My mom, Summer and Holly got in the first car to go to the church and my dad and I climbed in the second. The whole journey there, I held my dad’s hand, as he squeezed mine every so often, and rested my head on his shoulder. Once we arrived, the driver and my dad helped me out of the car without ruining my dress.

“Here we go,” my dad said, as we walked through the entrance to the church, waiting to walk to John. “You ready?”

“I’ve been read for a long time,” I nodded as the music began to play.

We walked down the aisle of the church as people turned to face me. I could the smile on my face growing wider the further I walked. I looked at John and he stood at the front with a matching grin across his face. He was dressed in black smart trousers, a white shirt, a black tuxedo jacket and suspenders peaking out from underneath. Pinned to his jacket was a pink stargazer buttonhole, matching my bouquet.

I briefly noticed the other four members of The Maine lined up to the side next to Eric. John wanted them included in the wedding so chose to have all four of them as his groomsmen.

I took my last steps to meet John before my dad placed my hand in Johns. I smiled at John as he nodded at my father, who kissed my cheek and went back to join my mom. I handed my bouquet to Holly who was already grinning.

As the minister began the ceremony, I felt John’s grip on my hand get tighter and tighter. Once we got to the vows, both John and myself took a deep breath. The minister instructed us with what to say as we continued.

“I, John Cornelius O’Callaghan the Fifth, take thee, Hannah Mae Frazier, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward; for better or worse; for richer or poorer; in sickness and in health; to love and to cherish, til death do us part, according to God’s holy law and thereto I give thee my troth,” John followed the words whilst staring into my eyes the entire time.

“And now, Hannah,” the minister instructed.

“I, Hannah Mae Frazier, take thee, John Cornelius O’Callaghan the Fifth, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward; for better or worse; for richer or poorer; in sickness and in health; to love and to cherish, til death do us part, according to God’s holy law and thereto I give thee my troth.”

Once Eric handed over the rings the ceremony continued as we exchanged them.

“With this ring I thee wed,” John began, sliding the ring onto my finger. “With my body I thee honor, and all my worldly good with thee I share. In the name of the father and the son and of the Holy Ghost.”

I repeated the words as I put the ring on John’s finger as my hand shook with nerves.

“John and Hannah, you have come here today before us and before God and have expressed your desire to become husband and wife. You have shown your love and affection by joining hands and have made promises of faith and devotion, each to the other and have sealed this promises by the giving and the receiving of the rings. Therefore, it is now my privilege as a minister, that I pronounce you husband and wife. John, you may now kiss your bride.”

“Finally,” he breathed, before placing both hands on either side of my face and kissed my lips with force. It was only a few seconds but in my mind it felt as if time had stopped and no one else existed. I opened my eyes as we pulled apart and looked at him. “I’m all yours,” he said quietly, before standing up straight, once again holding my hand.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce to you for the first time, Mr and Mrs O’Callaghan,” the minister finished.

We signed the register and I smiled as I signed my last name as O’Callaghan for the first time. Finally the ceremony was over and John and I walked back past everyone out of the church. Once we made it outside, I turned to look at John and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“I love you, husband,” I said before kissing his lips.

“I love you too, my beautiful wife,” he grinned.

---------

“I guess it’s up to me to begin the speeches then,” my dad said, standing up and facing everyone at our reception. My dad wasn’t afraid of public speaking, however I was dreading whatever he was about to say.
“As a father, you know that one day your daughter is going to grow up and no longer be your sweet little girl and instead become a strong independent woman. You spend half you time wishing that would day come sooner and the other half wishing that it would never come. That day is when she meets the man that makes her happier than anyone else can and when it does come, all you can do as a father is observe and hope for the best for her.
“Hannah has always been strong and independent, whether she realizes this now or not. Watching her grow up has made me so proud and I cannot wait to watch her move forward into the next stage of her life.
“When I was giving her away today, I couldn’t help but feel a slight loss. But as we reached the alter, I felt something else. I felt joy. It dawned on me just how happy Hannah was, happier than I’ve ever seen her, and in turn, I was happy.
“When we first met John, I won’t lie, I wasn’t sure what to think of him. It didn’t take me long, however, to realize he was a good man and that he would take good care of my daughter. In ways, John brought Hannah out of her shell, let her be herself and took away my worries. I could not have chosen a better man for Hannah, simply the way he treats her and makes my daughter feel about herself, I cannot thank him enough.
“Ladies and Gentlemen, I would finally like to say a couple of thank you’s. Firstly, my daughter and son-in-law, for making me a very happy and very proud father. Secondly, to all of you for joining us today. Thank you all.
“Finally, please join me in raising our glasses and wishing the bride and groom all the happiness in the world. The bride and groom.”

Everyone raised their glasses as my dad sat down and John stood up.

“Hello everyone,” John said, as I heard the nerves in his voice. He could sing to crowds of strangers every night and not worry, but ask him to speak in front of people he knew and that’s when he’d panic.
“Firstly, I’d like to thank Tom for the kind words he just said and of course allowing me to marry his daughter. It’s amazing to see so many of our families and friends here today to help celebrate the greatest day of our lives. Unfortunately, it’s not been possible for everyone we love to be here today but they’re with us in our hearts, so thinking of them, we raise a toast to our absent family and friends.
“Secondly, I’d like to thank both my parents and Hannah’s parents. You have all been so helpful in the preparations for our day and so generous in everything you do for us. Tom and Anna, thank you for making me feel so welcome in your family and allowing me to marrying your daughter. You’ve brought her up so well and I hope to continue that. And as for my mom and dad, I know I haven’t been the easiest son, but you’ve stuck by me with everything I’ve done and I love you.
“Next I’d like to move onto two other lovely ladies up here, Holly and Summer. You’ve done me and Hannah proud today and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you both for you help with everything today. Summer, you know I’ve always considered you my little sister and Holly, you’re basically family anyway and I guess in a way, it’s thanks to you we’re all here today.
“There’s one person that has been there for me for years. He’s been there through everything and he’s that friend you know you can count on. I’m talking about my best man, Eric. Man, he’s one of the funniest people I know and most the time he’s not even trying. Thanks for the bachelor party, not going to forget that any time soon. Here’s to many more years of friendship and who knows, it could be you doing this next. I’d also like to thank Jared, Kennedy, Pat and Garrett. You guys know how important you are to me. This wouldn’t have been my wedding without you guys involved.
“Finally, I owe everything I am to the woman next to me. Thank you Hannah, for agreeing to marry me and for making me so happy. You look beautiful today, as you do everyday, and you take my breath away in every way possible. It’s been a long nearly 5 years, but we made it here and I’m so glad I can finally call you my wife. I’ve told you so many times before and I’ll tell you so many more times, I’m all yours. I love you.
“Now, I hope you all enjoy the rest of the evening and thank you.”

“I’m all yours somehow,” I whispered back as he sat down.

---------

“Please welcome Mr and Mrs O’Callaghan as they begin their first dance,” I heard as John took my hand and walked us to the dance floor. I’d let John choose our first dance, knowing that he would find the perfect song for us.

“You never did tell me what you picked,” I said, as we reached the middle of the floor.

“Well you’re about to find out,” he smiled, as I heard the song begin.

You need a friend, I’ll be around
Don’t let this end before I see you again
What can I say to convince you to change you mind for
I’m gonna love you more than anyone
I’m gonna hold you closer than before
And when I kiss your soul, your body’ll be free
I’ll be free for you any time, I’m gonna love you more than anyone...


“I love this song,” I smiled at John as we danced.

“I know,” he nodded. “It’s perfect, just like you.”

“You know, I love Gavin DeGraw, but you might just sing it better than him,” I said.

Look in my eyes, what do you see?
Not just the color, look inside of me
Tell me all you need and I will try
I will try
I’m gonna love you more than anyone
I’m gonna hold you closer than before
And when I kiss your soul, your body'll be free
I'll be free for you anytime, I'm gonna love you more than anyone
Free for you, whenever you need
We'll be free together baby
Free together baby
I’m gonna love you more than anyone
I’m gonna hold you closer than before
And when I kiss your soul, your body’ll be free
I’ll be free for you any time, I’m gonna love you more than anyone
I’m gonna love you more than anyone


“I’m gonna love you more than anyone,” John said as the song ended.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfits:
Bridesmaids (Holly and Summer)
Hannah

I reread this a few times and the more I read through it, the less I liked it, so in the end I decided just to post it before I end up rewriting the entire thing! I hope you like it though! This was even longer at one point but I decided to cut a few bits out.