Status: Completed.

All Yours Somehow

baby don't stop now

I laid awake staring at John’s face as the sun broke through the curtains and hit his face. It was still sort of early so I knew he wouldn’t be awake any time soon, but I was always an early riser, even on weekends like today. The sheets were pulled up to his chest as he laid on his back. He was a heavy sleeper, occasionally snoring, so as I ran a hand over his chest tattoos and cuddled into his body, I knew I wouldn’t wake him up.

It had been exactly three weeks since our wedding. We’d taken our honeymoon in Paris for ten days but now it was back to our normal lives, which for me meant working my 9-5 job and for John meant rehearsals for The Maine’s next tour. We did still however get this weekend together before he went off on the road again.

I felt the body underneath me begin to move and I lifted my head to look at his face and saw his eyes flutter open.

“Good morning, husband,” I smiled.

“Good morning, wifey,” he said back, his voice rough.

He ran a hand through his hair as I kissed his cheek.

“You know, watching you sleep is one of my favorite things,” I told him.

“Creepy, but OK,” he laughed.

“You’re just so sexy,” I said, moving so I was straddling his waist. “I sometimes wonder why such a hunk married me.”

“Well,” he grinned.” You’re kind of beautiful yourself.”

“Kind of?” I asked, raising my eyebrows.

“Oh alright, very beautiful,” he corrected. I leaned down and kissed his lips as my hair fell around my shoulders and over my face. “Hey, everyone’s going out tonight for a few drinks, fancy it?” he asked, as I pulled away. He moved his hands to my face, tucking my hair behind my ear.

“Yeah, it’ll be nice to see everyone together,” I nodded, moving off his waist. “I haven’t really had a chance to see any of the guys since the wedding.”

----------

“Come on, Han, we’ll going to be late,” John called up the stairs to me.

“I can’t find anything to wear!”

“You’ve got an entire closet full of clothes,” John called again. “How can you not have anything to wear?”

I walked out into the hallway in my underwear and saw John leaning against the wall at the bottom.

“You don’t understand, the last time most of them saw me was the greatest day of my life and I just want to look good tonight,” I told him.

“Go like that and I’m sure most the guys would be happy,” he laughed.

“Urgh!” I groaned, throwing my hands in the air and turning back to our room. “You are so not helping right now!”

After searching through my clothes for a few more minutes, I eventually found a dress to wear and some shoes to go with it and finished getting ready. I grabbed my purse and walked out to the top of the stairs again. John was busy on his phone to even notice at first.

“What do you think? Will it do?” I asked as he glanced up at me. His mouth turned back into a smile as his eyes wandered over my body.

“Perfect,” he simply said.

“Alright, let’s go, O’Callaghan,” I told him as I reached the bottom of the stairs and took his hand.

We were meeting everyone at a bar not too far away, so the journey there was quick. As soon as John had parked, we got out and walking into the building. I spotted Holly straight away as we walked in, stood at the bar with a few of the guys that were out with us tonight.

“Hannah!” she squealed as we walked over. She threw her arms around me and giggled.

“Wow, someone’s drunk already,” I commented.

“I might have had a couple before we left the house, old habits die hard, I guess,” she said as she let me go. “JOHN!”

“Hi Holly,” he said as she hugged him the same way she had me. “I’ll get our drinks, you go sit down,” he told me, nodding his head towards the table where the rest of our friends were.

“Oh here’s the woman that keeps stealing our singer,” Garrett laughed.

“Oh, it’s the band that keeps stealing my husband,” I laughed back. “Good to see you,” I said, hugging Garrett.

“And you,” he smiled.

“So how’s married life treating you?” Kennedy asked.

“Pretty great,” I told them, turning my attention to John who was now walking back to the table with Holly, Jared, Tim, Austin and our drinks. “I’ve got no complaints yet.”

“So John, Hannah was just saying she wants a divorce already,” Kennedy said, obviously trying to keep a straight face.

“Oh stop it,” I laughed, lightly hitting his chest.

“She wouldn’t be getting one anyway,” John laughed, sitting down next to me and putting my drink in front of me.

“OK, so now everyone’s here, I just want to take this opportunity to wish the guys good luck on the new tour,” Tessa began, taking everyone’s attention. “ Not only The Maine band and crew, but also Eric and Justin who are off with Rocket next week too.”

“And here’s to the people we leave behind, friends, family, girlfriends and wives,” John said after.

“And fiancees,” Jared said, quietly.

“What was that?” Austin asked, turning to face Jared.

“We said we’d tell them tonight, right?” Jared asked Tessa, who nodded her head. “Earlier today I asked Tess to marry me and she said yes,” he grinned.

“Oh my god, congratulations!” I said with a smile as everyone else we were with said similar things.

“Well, it’s about time, man,” John said, slapping Jared’s back. “I’m happy for you both.”

We all laughed and drank for a while with everyone mingling between the group. I was sat with Holly as we watched John and Eric play a drinking game.

“Do you think those two will ever grow up?” I asked.

“Probably not,” Holly laughed. As we took our attention off the guys, Holly smiled at me. “How’s your life, wifey?”

“It’s amazing, and only John is allowed to call me wifey,” I told her. “I’ve got a great husband, a fantastic group of friends and an amazing family. I don’t think there’s anything more I could want right now.”

“Good, I’m glad. You deserve to be happy.”

“And what about you?” I asked her. “Are you happy?”

“Yeah, of course, I mean, I love Eric but are we ready to get married? If I’m honest, no,” she said. “I mean, it had always been obvious that you and John were meant to be and now Jared and Tessa, well, they’ve been together years and are just so perfect.”

“It’ll happen for you and Eric one day but in the mean time, there is no rush,” I told her. “After all, we are still only 24.”

“We’ve got shots!” Austin announced, coming back to the table with numerous shot and John, Eric and Trey following behind. “There’s one for everyone, so come on, guys!”

We all stood up and grabbed a shot each and got ready o drink it.

“Wait, wait,” Tim interrupted. “It’s not often we all get to be in the the same place at the same time, especially not twice in the same month, so I’m just going to say a few quick words,” he said. “Girls and boys, you are some of the best people I know, we’re basically one big family and it seems we’re just getting bigger. So here’s to al of you and t everyone being right where they’re supposed to be. And of course, to our lovebirds, Tessa and Jared . Cheers everyone!”

“Cheers!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Just a quick update! Been doing a bit of thinking about the story last night so thought I'd get the next chapter up! Enjoy!