Hum Hallelujah

Phasing.

Pete's POV.

I gathered my bags, closed my eyes and pictured the hideout. I pictured the front room, the flat screen TV, the crappy blue and white striped wallpaper, the dark green carpet, everything. When I opened my eyes again I was stood in the middle of the front room facing the TV. I dropped my bags and turned around to face the others. All whom which were staring at me with their jaws almost touching the floor. The silence was uncomfortable and ever lasting. Well that was until Emily stood up and rushed me.
"Pete!!! Your back!" she looped her arms around me and pulled me into a hug laughing.
Vampires can phase (our word for transporting). But we have to know where were going and be able to picture every single detail otherwise god knows where we'll turn up. Because of that we don't tend to use phasing, we rely on our speed and intelligence to get us to places. Some of us were quicker at it then others and it required less concentration especially with older vampires. But it is a useful form of transport when given the time.
"Hi Emily. Good to see you too." I laughed and hugged her back.
Patrick, Joe and Andy stayed where they were which didn't surprise me. What did surprise me was when Patrick narrowed his eyes at me as if I was a threat.
"Emily come away from Pete please." he said calmly but hesitantly.
Emily let go of me and turned to Patrick with her head cocked to the side.
"What? Why?" she questioned, confusion dripping from her every word.
"Just please. Come away." he stood up and out stretched his hand towards her.
She took it reluctantly and stepped away. But I wasn't about to let him treat me like he would Beckett. I have done nothing to put him or anyone in danger. He was just taking this completely the wrong way.
"Patrick what's your problem?" I snapped.
"I don't know Pete. Maybe I should ask your new boss. After all you're wearing the suit. You look just like a Dandy." he retorted.
Crap. The suit. I had completely forgotten I was wearing one. It wasn't like I liked it. It was one of the things Beckett insisted happened. It wasn't like it looked exactly like a suit. It was black and red. Black jacket, red tie, dark red waistcoat, black shirt and black trousers. It was fashionable. But still a suit.
"Patrick. Don't do this man. You know I'm not one of them." I pleaded.
"Yeah come on Patrick. This isn't like you." Joe complained.
"Well then Pete. If you're not one of them how come you escaped? Surely he didn't let you escape. So what deal did you make?" Patrick said, eyes still narrowed, completely ignoring Joe.
"Now then. That's the clever part. Ready for this?" I said calmly despite being offended by what Patrick was accusing me of.
When no-one answered me I decided to go ahead with it anyway.
"Right. Well. Here's the thing. Beckett wants me to befriend you lot and gain your trust. Then you'd tell me your plans and I'd report back to him and he could set up an ambush." I explained.
Everyone gasped. I then realised that I probably should have explained my plan too. After all I did just make myself seem like the bad guy.
"No, no, wait! Here's the good bit. I then realised that if you told me a fake plan, I could tell Beckett and help him set up the ambush. But then we could set up our own ambush and kill him ourselves!" I grinned. It was a great plan but I was met with silence.
"That sounds-" Joe started.
"Yeah we could-" Andy tried to finish.
"That's a great idea!" Emily yelled and jumped up to high 5 me.
I laughed. This was going to work. We were going to kill Beckett. We were going to win. Now to get out of this suit.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its short. I know a lot of you aren't reading this. But I promise you there's only two or three chapters left and then I'm done. Thanks for reading.