I Don't Think I'd Be Standing Here If I Never Found You

The Heart Never Lies

I woke up late the next morning. I hate sleeping late… usually. But today, I didn’t feel lazy. This little ‘vacation’ for me was coming to an send soon. I was going to soak up as much time as I could.

As the minutes passed, I continued to lay in bed, thinking about what cute things my man was up to. It actually made me smile. That smile stayed as I reached over to check my phone to see what time it was. It was starting to turn into the afternoon. Once my eyes drifted away from the time, I saw that I had a text message… from Kirstie.

I hurried to open, remembering that I asked her how her little date went. She said that it was fine, but… she couldn’t quit thinking about Harry. But she asked me what she should do! Should she keep seeing Jake or try to get rid of her crush on Harry?

Why do I have to be the older one?!

A huff came out of me as I fell back onto the bed. I don’t frickin know! I don’t have all the answers. I wish I did, but I don’t. And I felt… bad because of it. I’m the older sister. I’m always supposed to have all of the answers.

“Tanner, are you out there?” I shouted out towards the living room, hoping he was.

He’s the third out of four children. He’s at least an older brother to his sister. He should have gone through this once or twice… right? I hope.

“You’re up,” he chuckled as he walked into the room already dressed for the day, complete with his little Rockstar hat and clean looking Etnies. Uh oh… he’s leaving soon.

“I need advice,” I countered.

“I’m not giving you racing tips,” he poked as he crawled onto the bed on top of me.

“You’re so funny,” I taunted as my arms loosely hung over his shoulders.

He laughed before leaving a gentle kiss on my lips, making my anxiety go down a little. He’s just so amazing.

“What do you need, honey?” he went on ever so cutely.

“You have a younger sister right?” I started.

“Yep,” he replied.

“My younger sister doesn’t know if she should go with the guy she has a crush on or stick with the guy she’s gone on dates with,” I muttered, resting my forehead on his.

“And the problem is?” he asked, looking at me oddly.

“She’s asking me what she should do!” I countered.

“No one told you to be with me… why should someone tell her who to be with,” he muttered softly.

“But she’s asking me and… I don’t know what to tell her,” I groaned while reaching up to flip his hat around so that it was now backwards. That bill was getting in the way.

“You’re so cute when you’re having blonde moments,” he grinned as he rubbed our noses together.

“That’s so not funny!” I shot at him playfully.

“I think you know what you need to say. You just know it’s an option to her multiple choice question,” he replied.

I pouted at him. I knew, but… he was right! Of course he knew it too. He chuckled before he reached forward to leave a soft kiss on my lips.

“You can have sister time. I got some winner stuff to do,” he boasted as he got to feet, seeming to be puffing his chest out a little more than usual.

“Oh, you just wait. When we get back to the states, I’m going to be doing all the winner stuff,” I threw back at him, letting my competitive side come out.

“Uh huh… love you too, babe,” he snickered as he walked through the room.

I huffed again once I heard the door shut behind him. I grabbed my phone, bringing up a message to reply to Kirstie’s with. I hated that I was going to give her such a generic answer, but… I can’t decide these things for her.

“You need to be with the guy that your heart wants. Remember… the heart never lies.”

Yeah, I felt cheesy for quoting a lyric from the band she’s working with, but I’m team Judd! it’s true. No other guy makes my heart beat like Tanner makes it. I can’t describe it. It’s like… he speeds it up, but still manages to slow it down all at the same time… and I love it; I love him. And that’s what Kirstie needs. She shouldn’t have to look far to find it either.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, my first 'obsession' was Good Charlotte... and they were my frist concert lol i was in 6th grade and joel madden was my tanner foust back then lol

comment??