I Don't Think I'd Be Standing Here If I Never Found You

Is That Her?

I didn’t go running back to Tanner that night I broke up with Tom. I felt so horrible. He probably has the wrong idea about everything too. It just sucked… everything sucked. The only thing that made me happy was the thought of going to see Tanner tomorrow.

When I woke up the next morning, I felt better. I didn’t feel like the greatest person in the world, but… Tanner and I had a little date planned. As I got up and started getting ready, my phone buzzed from the counter by the sink. I picked it up to find that Kirstie was calling me. I had a weird feeling about this…

“Hey,” I answered, “how’s Tom?” I asked before she had the chance to say anything.

“He’s… ok,” she replied, not really convincing me.

“Can you please just tell him that this had nothing to do with him? He’s an amazing guy and…” I would have kept going on, but she cut me off.

“Ky, he’s fine,” she kind of snapped at me.

I was unsure of what to say next. Why exactly did she call?

“Ok, well than, I need to get off of here and get ready to leave,” I countered, containing myself.

“With Tanner?” she muttered.

“… yeah,” I spoke up softly.

“Well, have fun,” she pressed on.

A heavy sigh came out of me as we said our goodbyes. Well, if that wasn’t awkward. I let it go though. Hopefully, this is the last awkward moment of my day.

After I was finished with my hair and make up, I stepped out of the bathroom to slide a pair of shoes on from my closet. Just as my foot made contact with the sole, my doorbell rang. I couldn’t keep my smile away as I hurried for the front door. I threw it open and jumped into Tanner’s arms. This is where I need to be.

“I missed you,” he spoke gently, tightening his grip around me while my legs hooked around his waist.

“I missed you too,” I beamed while pulling away to gaze into his crystal blue eyes.

“I have a surprise for you,” he grinned after we shared a much needed, loving kiss.

“What is it?” I nearly squealed as he gently placed me back on the ground.

“If I told you, it wouldn’t be a surprise,” he smiled brightly.

I let out a playful groan as he took my hand and led me out to his car. He was being the cutest little thing. He opened the passenger door for me, sending me yet another bright smile as I lowered myself down. He hurried over to the driver’s seat and plopped down with that smile never leaving his face.

“Whatever this little surprise is, it’s got you all kinds of excited,” I giggled.

“You’re going to love it,” he beamed, driving his little heart out.

I opened my mouth to press him more, but… someone else’s voice spoke up. I didn’t know this voice that was coming form the backseat. It was a… little girl’s voice. Slowly, I turned my head to look back there to see the cutest little girl.

“Daddy, is that her?” she spoke.

She sat in the middle seat with her seatbelt secured around her. Shoulder length, brown, wavy hair sat on top of her head that compliment her blue eyes so nicely. As she looked at me a small smile spread across her face, showing off dimples that… resembled Tanner’s so much.

“Yeah, sweetheart. This is Kylee,” Tanner just kept on grinning as he looked back at her in the rearview mirror.

“Hi, Kylee,” she smiled just like Tanner does at me.

“Hi, Addy,” I twinkled back at her.

“Only Daddy calls me Addy,” she replied, her little cheeks flushing with red.

“Can I call you Addy too?” I asked her.

“Yeah,” she beamed ever so cutely.

After that, I turned back around. That’s his daughter! He’s… introducing us. Oh my gosh! Now, I’m the one that couldn’t stop smiling. As he continued to drive, I reached over and took Tanner’s free hand that wasn’t on the steering wheel. He kept his eyes on the road, but those dimples appeared.

He drove us to a little arcade, complete with a go-cart track. Oh, I see where this is going…

“I want to ride with Kylee!” Addy squealed as we started towards the four-wheeled vehicles.

“Ha, we’re going to beat you!” I taunted towards Tanner.

“Whatever. You two are going down,” he teased right back.

“Nu uh. We’re going to beat you, Daddy,” Addison kept on it.

Oh my gosh it was so cute. Tanner started making faces at her and she would just crack up. I’ve never seen this side of Tanner… and it’s so fricking cute!

You know what’s even cuter? The excuses tanner comes up with when he loses! That’s right. Addy and I kicked Tanner’s butt in this go-cart race. After he was done accusing Addy and I that we cheated, we headed inside. Addison ran for the ball pit. Tanner and I pulled up a table, but were still able to keep a watchful eye on her.

“She’s precious,” I told through a smile.

“I felt like she was the only thing I had during that time we weren’t together,” he sighed.

“But we’re back together now,” I told him while reaching over to take his hand.

“We can be one big happy famil…” he started to say but then stopped himself.

“Family,” I finished for him.

He didn’t say anything, but everything that flashed through his eyes gave it away. That’s what he wanted… and I kind of wanted it too. I know we just got back together, but… I always imagined Tanner and I getting married someone day. Obviously getting married leads to having families. Tanner’s just… kind of had a head start. There’s plenty of time to catch up though, and I think we’re slowly starting down that path.
♠ ♠ ♠
-_-
I don't have a problem!!!
:-P
lol

Ky

comment??