I Don't Think I'd Be Standing Here If I Never Found You

I Thought You Were My Friend

Tom is still all mopey and we can’t get him to cheer up! All he wants to do is just hang in the hotel room. So today I was meeting the boys at an ice cream shop to try to lift Tom’s spirits a little.

“How are you doing Tom?” I asked once the boys sat down at the table with me.

“Fine,” He mumbled out.

I sent him a sympathetic look before reaching across the table and holding his hands.

“Tom you’ll find another girl,” Dougie tried to tell him.

“Yeah, there’s lots of pretty girls out there,” Danny added in.

“Just because it didn’t work out with one, doesn’t mean it won’t work out with anyone else,” Harry finished.

“Guys, just stop,” Tom sighed before getting up and heading toward the door.

“Tom! Tom wait,” I called out while jumping up and running after him.

He had already gone out of the building but I caught him only a few steps outside. I grabbed his hand and turned him around so I could talk to him.

“This thing with Ky had nothing to do with you Tom,” I started.

”How can you say it had nothing to do with me! She broke up with me, I’m pretty sure it did have something to do with me!” Tom yelled, letting out his frustration.

“But Kylee was just still in love with Tanner and she can’t stop herself, that has nothing to do with you,” I went on.

“Oh that’s even better. So she never even cared about me at all,” He rolled his eyes.

“No, that’s not true. She does care about you and if Tanner never existed, she probably would be with you. She didn’t mean to hurt you Tom and she does care,” I battled.

“She used me Kirstie. To her, I was just someone to make her forget, she never cared about me and you let it happen. You knew how she felt about Tanner and you let me get hurt!” Tom shouted at me.

“That’s not true! I thought that you guys would be good for each other. I kind of knew that she still had feelings for Tanner but I thought that when she was with you, she’d get over him,” I honestly said.

“But you still knew she loved Tanner and you let me get hurt,” He said just as Danny and Dougie came walking up. “I thought you were my friend Kirstie,” Tom added before turning and walking away.

I started to go after him again but Dougie put his hand on my shoulder and stopped me as he said, “Let him go.”

Slowly Tom’s figure disappeared in the distance. I just stood there and took in a few deep breaths as his words sunk into me. Tears boiled in my eyes but I did my best to keep them back. All I wanted right now was to be wrapped up in Harry’s arms right now but when I looked up…he still wasn’t there. It was just Danny and Dougie, no Harry.

“Hey, come ‘ere,” Danny cooed while pulling me against his chest. “Just let it out.”

I hugged onto him as my tears made their path on my cheeks. He rubbed my back and let me cry against his chest. After a little bit, my tears softened but then Dougie wanted to hug me and that just made me cry more.

“This wasn’t your fault,” Dougie told me.

“Yeah, Tom’s just mad, don’t listen to him,” Danny chimed in.

“I didn’t mean for this to happen, I just tried to make both of them happy,” I sobbed.

“Not everything works out, and that’s okay. You are our friend, and like Danny said, Tom’s just mad so he’s saying things he doesn’t mean,” Dougie went on, sending me a smile.

“Let’s go have the rest of our ice cream,” Danny grinned while they led me back into the shop.

My smile grew as I saw Harry sitting there, but it fell just as quickly. There were two girls who were about my age sitting in the booth across from him and all of them were…flirting.

“Harry, you’re so sexy,” The blonde one giggled.

“Well that’s good because so are you girls,” He replied while sending them a wink.

I stood there dumbfounded and Danny cleared his throat, causing Harry to notice us.

“Oh, you’re back,” He said.

“Is that Danny’s girlfriend?” The brunette asked, pointing at me since Danny still had his arm around me.

“No, this is Kirstie, Harry’s girlfriend,” Danny grumbled.

“Harry, you said you didn’t have a girlfriend,” The blonde stated.

At this, my jaw dropped. I looked at Harry and he couldn’t even look me in the eye, telling me that he did really say that.

“He does,” Dougie told them. “So why don’t you girls head on out.”

“No,” I spoke up. “They can stay, because I’m leaving.”

I turned around and left just like Tom had only minutes ago. I couldn’t believe this! I did feel angry but I mostly just felt really…hurt. I couldn’t even describe how hurt I felt. I trusted Harry and he… flirts with other girls and says he doesn’t have a girlfriend! I don’t even know what to think right now so I just headed to see the one person who I knew I could always trust…
♠ ♠ ♠
hey, i admited it! you should too!

Kirstie and Mcfly

comments?