I Don't Think I'd Be Standing Here If I Never Found You

That is a Valid Reason

As you know, Kirstie’s been staying at my place while her and Harry are going through… whatever it is they’re going through. I’m sorry, but… I really don’t like that guy. I don’t call him Harry anymore. It’s Mr. English Rockstar.

It just bugs me that he could do something like that… to anyone! Not just my sister, but any girl. You don’t go around saying you’re single when you’re not single! It’s jus that simple! I don’t get boys! That’s why I date men!

Of course, I try and tone this down for Kirstie. I don’t want to upset her more. She’s a fragile thing emotionally. If I constantly tell her what a bad boyfriend she had has, it’s not going to help her too well. So… I’ve just kept my mouth shut and listened to her as much as she needs me to.

But all of this Kirstie presents comes with a little… downfall.

I don’t know if you know this, but um… Kirstie doesn’t really like Tanner. Tanner knows that Kirstie doesn’t like him, therefore, Tanner doesn’t really like Kirstie. When he comes over, it’s… awkward. Really, really awkward.

It’s obvious I want to be all over him, but then… my sister’s here. I can’t do that around her. For one, she’d say it’s gross and two, she just doesn’t like him! I’m conflicted in my own house!

Kirstie was off ‘working’. I don’t think she went though. I’m pretty sure she went to visit mom and dad. I didn’t question her though. It gave me time with Tanner. He asked me to come over to his house since he had Addy for the day. I complained that I didn’t feel like driving eight miles. I got him over here though.

“Hi, Kylee!” Addison nearly shouted once she walked inside.

“Hi, Addy!” I said back loudly, making her smile. “Hi, Tanny,” I added once I saw his smiling face.

“Hey, baby,” he grinned as well while walking over to give my cheek a quick peck. Child in the room. No lovey lip kisses yet.

“No Kirstie?” he asked softly so that Addison couldn’t hear.

“She’s…” I started to say, but the front door opened.

I wanted to let out a groan. I didn’t want to feel awkward right now; especially with Addison here.

“Hey, Kirst,” I quickly greeted her. Of course her eyes had already fallen on Tanner.

“I’ll just be in my room…” she spoke up, starting down the hall.

“You don’t have to lock yourself in your room just because I’m here,” Tanner countered in a soft tone.

“Well, yeah, but…” she stuttered out, seeming to be caught off guard by Tanner’s statement. That’s right, Tanny! Kill her with kindness!

“Addy,” he started up again as he bent down by his little girl, “this is Kylee’s sister, Kirstie,” he went on to introduce his little one to my sister.

“Kirstie!” she smiled up at her as she walked over to her.

“Hey,” Kirstie couldn’t keep a smile away. She loves kids.

“Want to play with me?” Addy asked.

It actually made me smile. Kirstie gives off this feeling of having known her forever when you first talk to her. Looks like Addy has a new friend.

“Lets play hide and go seek!” Kirstie nearly squealed, letting her inner child show.

“You’re the seeker!” Addy beamed before quickly taking off.

Tanner and I looked on with big smiles on our faces.

“What are you two waiting for? Go hide!” Kirstie giggled before turning around and starting to count.

Without even looking at him, I took Tanner’s hand and sprinted off to my room. Once we were both inside, I quickly shut the door. I lean my back against it and smiled at Tanner who was sending the same look back at me.

“I like playing hide and seek with you,” he snickered, gently placing his hands on my hips.

"No one will ever find us,” I couldn’t help but giggle as our lips brushed against each other’s.

“This is my hiding spot!” Addison screeched, scaring Tanner and I… away from our kiss!

“But it’s Kylee’s room,” Tanner quickly recovered.

“But I found it first,” she got lippy with her daddy.

“That is a valid reason,” I laughed at Tanner.

“Not helping my intimidating father tone here, Ky,” he kind of chuckled.

“You two need to find a new hiding spot. This one’s mine!” Add spoke up.

“Fine,” Tanner huffed and then opened the door… and Kirstie was there.

“Tanner’s the seeker!” Kirstie giggled.

“Wait, no. I wasn’t even…” he started to stuttering, looking back at me to try and help him.

Hey, Tanner, you got found fair and square.

With a little more whining, he didn’t get out of being the seeker, leaving us girls to go hide. I thought about letting Kirstie and Addy go hide so Tanner and I could have some alone time, but… this is fun. Kirstie’s smiling so much! I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen her smile like this. I’m going to take advantage of it… and not ruin it with my impulses to make out with Tanner.
♠ ♠ ♠
I never took drama... but the period i had chemistry was the same time drama was in the room next to it... and we always heard them lol

comment??