I Don't Think I'd Be Standing Here If I Never Found You

Remember?

Today I had to go to the boys rehearsal again. I felt better that Danny would be there to make me feel better but I still didn’t really want to go. I had gotten their audio all perfect and now they were just playing songs so I had to just sit and watch.

I couldn’t help my eyes wandering to Harry. Every time they did though, hurt filled me and I had to look away…. But something always pulled my eyes back. I just don’t know what to think anymore, Danny’s the only one out of these boys I feel like I can talk to and he’ll actually understand and listen to me.

“Guys I want to play a different song,” Danny said, breaking me out of my reverie.

“Alright, what one?” Tom asked.

Danny smiled at me before he started strumming and started singing to a Beatles song,

” You're gonna lose that girl,
You're gonna lose that girl.

If you don't take her out tonight,
She's gonna change her mind,
And I will take her out tonight,
And I will treat her kind.

You're gonna lose that girl,
You're gonna lose that girl.
If you don't treat her right, my friend,
You're gonna to find her gone,
'cause I will treat her right, and then
You'll be the lonely one”


Danny sang and it seemed as if throughout the song he’d take glances over at Harry. I knew he was directing the song at him but I wasn’t sure if Harry knew… or even cared.

”You're gonna lose that girl,
You're gonna lose that girl.
I'll make a point
Of taking her away from you, yeah,
The way you treat her what else can I do?

You're gonna lose that girl,
You're gonna lose that girl.
I'll make a point
Of taking her away from you, yeah,
The way you treat her what else can I do?
If you don't take her out tonight,
She's gonna change her mind,
And I will take her out tonight,
And I will treat her kind.
You're gonna lose that girl,
You're gonna lose that girl”


They finished the song and the second they did, Harry got up and left. Dougie looked at all of us before going after him, as did Tom. I slowly got up from my seat and got onto the stage, making my way to Danny.

“I hope Harry got the point of that,” He mumbled.

“It seems like he did,” I replied while nodding in the direction he left moments earlier.

“I just don’t understand why he did that. You’re such a sweet girl and he shouldn’t act that way to anyone, let alone someone who treated him so good,” Danny replied. “And if he doesn’t change, I will make sure that he doesn’t get you back because you don’t need that crap in your life.”

I just smiled at Danny and he smiled back at me. His hand slowly came up and cupped my cheek. I looked into his eyes and we both realized what was happening…and we didn’t stop it. Our lips came together and we shared a heated kiss.

”What are you doing?” I heard Harry’s voice yell.

Danny and I parted, both of us looking over to see an upset Harry standing there.

“How can you be kissing each other!” He shouted.

“Why’s it any of your business?” Danny countered.

“She’s my girlfriend that’s why!” Harry battled.

“Last time I checked you told everyone you don’t have a girlfriend, remember?” I shot back.

I’ve been in quite a few awkward situations, most of which have taken place in the past few days. I have to say though, this has to rank toward the top of that list...
♠ ♠ ♠
the math room is right next to the drama room and the other day we were playing an improv game and you have to scream and the math teacher just came in and looked at us weird then left, it was funny.

Kirstie, Danny and Harry

comments?