I Don't Think I'd Be Standing Here If I Never Found You

Uh Oh...

After Kirstie told me about her little… situation with Harry, I just wanted to cheer my sister up. Seeing her down like that is a horrible feeling. So… after she left that night, I got Tanner and Addy and asked them for some good ideas on what to do. Addy seems to put a smile on her face. Hopefully the little one can be some help.

“Lets go off roading,” Tanner quickly spoke up.

“Tanner… no,” was the only thing I could think of.

“Why not?” he asked through a chuckle.

“We need to do… female friendly things,” I countered.

“That’s female friendly,” he replied.

I just rolled my eyes and tried to think more. This was going great. I know this guy has some brains, but right now he’s not really using them. Out of all the times I really need him to use his brain!

“Lets have a water balloon fight!” Addy squealed.

“Kirstie would love that,” I smiled.

“That sounds dangerous… especially with your sister,” Tanner butted in.

“It sounds like fun!” Addy grinned.

“I agree!” I beamed, getting excited.

“You don’t have water balloons,” Tanner snickered, thinking he won.

“That’s where you and your speedy little car come in,” I smiled.

He looked between Addy and I. I sent him a pout, hoping his daughter was doing the same thing. I think she was. He let out a playful groan before dropping his gaze to the floor… through a smile.

“I’ll be back,” he muttered while pushing himself to his feet.

As he walked away, I sent Addy a smile that she returned. Once Tanner left, we occupied ourselves with… anything. That was kind of hard. Addy’s a sweet little thing, but she has a short, short attention span.

“You know…” she started to say once I gave her a popsicle and she was sitting at the kitchen table with me, “my daddy really likes you,” she went on.

“Well, I really like your daddy,” I couldn’t help but smile.

“No, he really likes you. He talks about you a lot,” she kept going.

I didn’t know what to say to this. It just had the power to make me smile so much. Oh, my Tanny.

“He said he wants to marry you,” she pressed on, causing me to nearly choke on my water.

“Really?” I crocked out.

“Yeah, he asked me if it was ok,” she replied, having all of her focus on her popsicle like this wasn’t a big deal at all.

“Are you ok with it?” I smiled yet again. He asked his daughter… that’s so cute.

“Yeah,” was her response, grinning up at me. “He told me I could stay with him more if you guys got married,” she went on.

That statement shook me. Spend more time with him? Um… how?

Before I had to time to question her more, Tanner came back with a grocery bag full of water balloons! Addy threw her popsicle in the sink and bolted towards him. She wrestled a bag from him and just looked at it… and smiled.

I pulled two laundry baskets from the laundry room and gave one to Tanner to take to a bathroom and start filling. Addy went with him, babbling about how excited she was.

I worked my way through the bags I had, filling up the basket past the brim. Once it couldn’t hold anymore, I carried it outside. I managed to grab a couple and head up to the guest room. There was a window there that was right above the front door. A few minutes later, Tanner joined me with Addy in toe… with a few balloons of her own.

“We’re going to get her!” she squealed.

“She should be here any minute now,” I told her, unable to hide my smile.

The three of us stood here, waiting for my sister to pull up. When she did, we thought for sure she’d see us. She didn’t though. She walked right to the front door and knocked. Tanner softly counted us down before all three of us dropped a bomb on her.

Everyone’s missed, but the splash was able to get on her legs. She jumped back and looked up only to find Tanner, Addy, and I busting up laugh. We were nearly crawling on the ground.

She shouted something at us before she walked inside. All of us scrambled out of the room and out to the backyard before Kirstie could. We grabbed more water filled balloons, ready for Kirstie’s counterattack. We waited… and waited… and waited. It never came.

Tanner and I looked at each other, lowering our arms to our side. Once we were relaxed, she popped out of the back door… with a supersoaker in hand. Uh oh…

“I’m surprised you didn’t hide this, Ky,” Kirstie snickered with a huge smile on her face.

“You had a water gun… and you didn’t fill it?” Tanner shot at me.

“It kind of… slipped my mind,” I muttered back.

Before anyone could say anything else, Kirstie shot off her water gun… at me. It was so cold! Squeals came out of me as I tried to run out of her shot range. Addy and Tanner got to throwing balloons at her, but it wasn’t working!

Eventually, she ran out of water… and it was time for our revenge! We chased her around the yard, throwing water balloons at her. Tanner even refilled the water gun in the pool and started using it… on everyone!

Even though everyone is soaked, this has been so much fun. Kirstie and I used to get into water fights all the time. So many happy memories came flooding back over me. I can’t speak for Kirsite, but… I think the same was going on with her. Her smile did not leave her. It was great to see and I hope to see more of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
But it's not a new episode :( No new Tanny :( lol

comment??