Status: Completed.

Complicated.

It's not wrong.

It’s wrong. You’re wrong.

His words were like a sting to my heart. He dared say it without even thinking of our feelings but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised after all they’ve said and done to us most especially to Abe, I shouldn’t have expected much from them.

“It’s not wrong!” I glared at him with my body lunging forward from the effort of my scream but Abe kept me close to him, bracing me so I couldn’t step closer to the monster I regret to call my father.

Our father.

“Being gay is not wrong! It’s not a choice, it’s not just a way of life. IT IS WHO I AM. It’s a part of my being as a person.” I looked at him and the look of disgust glinting in his eyes didn’t even falter. It made me heave a sigh, so deep that I hope I could get strength from apart from the strong hold Abe has on me.

“Dad… It’s not like I woke up one day and said ‘oh hey! I wanna be with the same sex because it’s fun, because society frowns upon it and it’s gonna be the death of me’. I didn’t just decide to be gay because I wanna be bullied and laughed at.”

I stared at the ground breathless from screaming at the homophobe in front of me. I couldn’t believe that they were okay with other people being gay but they couldn’t accept me and Abe. Knowing this was a lost cause and whatever I say would not change the way they look at me, at us still I need to say my piece. I need to get it off my chest somehow and what better time than now? When our family was obviously on the verge of falling apart.

“You know what’s wrong Dad?” I asked, voice almost just above a whisper then I felt Abe moved even closer to me noticing that our father took one step nearer to where we were.

“What’s wrong is for parents to not accept their child for who he is. What’s wrong is for you to force your child to live his life the way you wanted to. For you to cause pain to your own flesh and blood, to drill in his mind that he’s wrong. You pointed a gun at your own child. Did you even regret it Dad?...”

I knew what the answer to that question even if he wouldn’t say it and it brought chills to my bones just to think of much worse things they could possibly do.

This was so messed up and I just wanted to end all this misery. I took Abe’s hand that had been strongly gripping on my hips, stopping me from going nearer to the miserable old fool. I hated to call him that but I couldn’t think of anything.

“We’re leaving. I’m going with Abe and there’s no way you could stop me. Not, if you don’t want to be arrested.” I added the last piece when he opened his mouth, most likely to disagree.

We hurried back up the stairs to my room where all my things were packed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been long and I know it's short but I'll do better.
Next chapter might be the last and I'll have a sequel or I could just decide to continue here.

Comments are love, I'll give you munchies. :3

I also have a new story This Could Be All I've Waited For and an older one Didn't You Hear What I Said? that both needs love. I hope you have time to visit them. :)