A Maslow Love Story

Surprise

You get that part of your conversation where it gets awkward when your older brother starts asking questions.

Garrett:"So...are you guys together?"
You:"Umm-"
James:"Yes..."
Garrett:"I could tell! I was curious."
*you laugh nervously and then your phone rings and you know it's your dad because his ringtone is "There Goes My Life" by Kenny Chesney*

*On the phone w/dad*

You:"Hey dad!"
Shannon:"It's Shannon."
You:"Oh...hey, Shan! What's going on?"
Shannon:"We are on our way home from London. Just called to tell you! How have you been missy?"
You:"I've been good! Hung out with some friends last night and now Garrett is over and my friend James. How far are you out?!"
Shannon:"Well..."
*you hear a car horn so you look out your window then go to the front door and open the door. You see your dad and Shannon getting out of the car and Shannon runs to you*
You:"SHANNON!!!!!!"
Shannon:(YN)!!!!!!"
*you hug him tight and he kisses your head then steps to the side and you see your father and automatically start crying*
Jared:"Do I get one?!"
*you run and jump on him hugging him, almost choking him*
You:"I missed you daddy!"
Jared:"I missed my little girl! Even though you aren't so little anymore!"
You:"Yeah..." *you laugh* "Come in."

They walk in and you introduce them to James for the first time. Your dad is very protective of you, but your brothers and Shannon are even worse. So, if your dad doesn't get the shotgun, one of brothers or Shannon will!

You:"Daddy, Shannon...this is James. My boyfriend."
*your dad's eyed get big and he coughs. Shannon is kinda suprised too but he tries not to show it*
Shannon:"Hi! I'm (yn)'s uncle, Shannon."
*he nudges you dad*
Jared:"Ahem...sorry! Umm...I'm (yn)'s father, Jared."
*you hit your forehead and roll your eyes at them*
James:"Nice to meet you both! (yn) has told me a lot about you!"
*he shakes both Shannon's and your dad's hand*
You:"So, how was Europe?"
Shannon:"It was f*cking suhweet!"
Jared:"You stole my line!"
Shannon:"Right out of your skull."
Jared:"Wish you could've been there with us instead of Nick!"
You:"Hey! You be sweet!"
Shannon:"Where's Garrett?!"
Garrett:"I'm here!"
Jared:"Hey...what's been going on?"
Garrett:"Nothing much after I finished filming 'Country Strong'. Pretty boring."
You:"Feeling better, Garrett?"
Garrett:"Yeah..."
Jared:"What happened?"
You:"He had a little problem, but we fixed it."
Shannon:"Sorry, man! We should get home."
Jared:"Yeah, I'm tired!"
Shannon:"You slept the whole flight and in the car, dumbass! How could you still be tired?!"
You:"Ok then!" *you laugh* "I'll see you later!"
*they both give you hugs ad kisses on your cheek and then shake James' and Garrett's hands*

It was late after they left so you all go and show Garrett the guest room and where the box of his, Nick's, and Jake's clothes is. He gives you a big hug and you go to your room and climb in bed next to James. You lay your head on his shoulder and he wraps his arms around you then kisses your head and whispers: "I love you (yn)!"