A Maslow Love Story

Meeting James' Dad

After you unload the car and take the groceries in, you and James put things away, it's almost 1:30pm. You text your dad and tell him about tonight.

"Hey dad! I hope you aren't doing anything later tonight, because if you want to, James' dad is coming over for dinner and James' house. He wants to meet you and if Shannon wants to come than that's fine too! If I don't get a reply from you then, I'll see you at 3:00pm or so! Love you! - your daughter : )"

James:"Did you let your dad know?"
You:"Yup! Just texted him."
James:"Great! I'm excited!"
You:"Me too!"
*he kisses you and then you sit on the couch and James sits next you*
James:"You ok, baby?"
You:"Yeah...it's just that I haven't heard from Jake since I left with Nick."
James:"You should call him."
*you pick up your phone and dial Jake's number, but it goes to voicemail*
You:"No answer. I'll try and call Nick or Garrett to see if they heard from him."
*you call Nick*

*On the phone w/Nick*

Nick:"Hello?"
You:"Nick?"
Nick:"Hey, (yn)! What's up?"
You:"Have you heard from Jake lately?"
Nick:"I haven't, why?"
You:"He won't answer his phone."
Nick:"I'm sorry, girl! Maybe he's busy."
You:"Maybe...I'll try him later and if he doesn't answer, I'm gonna look for him."
Nick:"Ok. Call me when you find him."
You:"I will. Thanks, Nicky!"
Nick:"Yup! Talk to you later!"
You:"Ok! Love you!"
Nick:"Love you too, bye!"
*you hang up and set your phone down and lay your head on James' chest*
You:"He didn't know." *sigh*
James:"I'm sorry, babe."
You:"If I call Jake back later and he doesn't answer, I'm gonna find him."
James:"I'll help you."
You:"Thank you. I love you."
James:"I love you babe."
*he kisses your head and strokes your head*

After a few minutes, James starts putting dinner together while you rest for a bit.

**************************************************************

It's 2:45pm, you and James get ready for when his dad comes. You wear jeans and a white tank-top and you help James. Faded jeans and a black button-down shirt with a v-neck underneath is what you picked out because it always looks good on him. : ) Before you go downstairs, you straighten your hair and put on some makeup.

When you come downstairs, you see James and his dad talking. James sees you and walks toward you taking your hand.

James:"(yn), this is my dad, Mike. Dad, this is (yn)."
You:"Hi! Nice to meet you!"
Mike:"You too dear! Now...how did my son get a catch like you?"
You:"Well, he's just lucky!"
*his dad laughs and James puts his arm around you*
Mike:"So, (yn), how long have you been in LA?"
You:"I've been living here since I was 13 and 8 months ago I went with my older brother, Nick. We went to Illinois for his job, but I only stayed 5 out of the 8 months."
Mike:"What does your brother do?"
You:"He's an actor."
Mike:"That's amazing!"
*the front door opens and your dad and Shannon come in*
You:"Hi daddy!"
Jared:"Hey!"
*he hugs you*
You:"Dad, Shannon, this is James' dad, Mike. Mike, this is my dad, Jared, and my uncle, Shannon."
Shannon:"Hi!"
Mike:"Hello!"
*they shake hands*
James:"Is everyone hungry?"
You:"Sure."
Jared and Shannon:"Yes, please."
You:"Ok, well let's go out back and start the grill."

You all walk out and James starts the grill. James comes and sit by you on the patio and you get to know James' dad.