Status: Freash out of the bakery...SO shall we continue? Its up to YOU!

Gone With You

Twix and a Tomato Face

"Ok, last spoonful."

I opened my mouth welcoming the tasty soup, while still feeling the blush on me present. I'm thinking to myself, would I have liked Leon? The sad but true answer to that question is simply yes. In another dimension I would have loved to get to know him better.

Yet it seems life has dealt me a cruel and unusual hand. I don't see how it would ever work out.

"What are you thinking about?" came a voice that shook me out of my train of thought. I turned to look at Kevin to see him looking at me quizzically. I felt my face get red again and I just looked at my lap shaking my head.

"Could it be your thinking about Leon?" he said convinced.

I shook my head "N-No, what makes you think that."

He deadpanned.

"Ok, ok. I was!" I covered my face with my hands. When did things get so complicated?

I felt a pair of hands grab onto mine and pull them off my face. I looked to see Kevin looking at me thoughtfully.

"I'm going to tell you something ok," he said the thoughtful look never ceasing. "Leon, he isn't a bad guy Melina. He's one of the most caring dudes I know. He got caught up a bit but don't be so quick to judge him, this may sound crazy, but I think you should give him a shot." He stared me dead straight in the eye, and continued, "I know this is an awkward and complicated situation, but just consider it, open your mind a bit."

"What the hell is going on here?"

I jumped a little at the sudden intrusion by none other then the man of the hour, Leon stood at the door with a chocolate bar in one hand and a scowl on his face. I looked in the place where his scowl was directed to and noticed Kevin still had his hands in mine. I quickly let them go and brought my hands to my lap.

"Chill man, we were just talking," came Kevins' bored voice.

"Doesn't look like you were just talking." He glared at him, then suddenly he turned his glare to me.

No he did not! I can't believe he is acting jealous!

"Here I brought this for you." He said while tossing the chocolate bar at me. It would have hit me square in the abdomen if Kevin wouldn't have interfered by catching it.

"Hey what's your problem? Your acting like a jealous boyfriend!" Kevin began to step closer to Leon.

Leon's eyes turned murderous, and I thought I saw him stand a little straighter and puff his chest out a bit.

"Wanna say that again?" he taunted.

Kevin just shook his head at him, "I can't believe you think I would be flirting or doing anything to stab you in the back like that. I'm out of here!" he turned to me, "It was nice meeting you Melina, I hope to see you again, and remember what I said." He winked at me then headed to the door, on the way bumping his shoulder into Leon and whispering a goodbye to him, sounded something like, "Later douche."

I saw Leon's jaw clench and his body go rigid, he seemed to be restraining himself. After the door closed, it was quiet for a good minute or so. Until I couldn't take it anymore and I cleared my throat. Leon seemed to be deep in thought since he shook his head a bit and looked at me.

He just stared.

Stared with those beautiful green orbs of his.

He opened his mouth a bit as if wanting to say something, but closed it and turned and walked away.

I sat there confused a bit at his actions.

Why is he acting so weird?

Because he likes you-you dope!

I mentally scolded myself and crossed my arms over my chest, and began glaring at the twix candy that was sitting on the bed.

"You know, with glares like those, you could kill a man," came his voice in a joking tone. I looked up at him to see him smiling and walking towards me.

Oh, so now your smiling? Bipolar much?

He made it to the bed and sat on the corner of it. We just both sat there having a staring contest.

I will not give in.

I said to myself and just kept staring. I'll tell you it wasn't easy, staring into those eyes of his, I felt like he was cutting a hole in me. I was tempted to look away but he did instead, and stared at his lap for a while till he looked back up at me, this time his face became soft.

"How, How are you feeling?" he said lowly.

Now it was my turn to look away. I didn't want to remember.

"Oh, I'm f-fine." I lied. Not able to look him in his eyes. I looked back "How is your mother?" I tried to change the conversation.

He looked taken aback a bit, "She's ok for now, she is upstairs resting. Wait how do you-" he stopped.

"Kevin," we both said in unison. I smiled a bit and so did he , but his wasn't friendly.

"I'm going have to remind him about minding his own business." He said.

"Did you not want me to know?" I felt this odd pang in my chest.

He quickly shook his head, "No! no of course not, I want you to know everything about me you mean-" he stopped himself and stared at me wide eyed.

And then the unthinkable happened.

He turned red

His face turned as red as a tomato!

Leon was blushing!

I couldn't believe it. I just sat there and felt myself smile at him. He wasn't looking at me anymore. I decided to be bold, "I mean a lot to you? Is that what you were going to say?" I said seriously.

"I-uh. You-"

We were interrupted by a knock on the door. We both looked and saw his mother standing there looking at us with a smile that would give the Cheshire cat a run for his money.

"What are you doing out of bed?" came Leon's angry voice.

She ignored his question. "I wasn't aware Melina was staying here," her smile did not fade as she looked between the both of us. And then I felt my face go red and I looked to Leon and his face became red again, and he just covered his face with his hands and groaned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Trying to get back in it I k of its been so long and in sorry, sorry this chapter isn't as long ugh I'm just sorry but hope you like it!