Status: I love comments so much lol please enjoy

A Little Piece of Heaven

Depression

It took them about a week after that incident to trust me. I found myself just staying quite and laying in bed all day. Ignoring Shadows and Syn, sleeping as much as I could, and only eating when they forced me. It really was my evil plan, like a little rebellion. I hoped if they seen how unhappy I was they would just let me go. But, I know somewhere deep down that would never happen.

Shadows placed a ham sandwich on the nightstand and sat down in front of me. Taking in my curled up body that was staring blankly at the wall. My hands loosely wrapped around my knees and my head resting on them as well.

I was sitting in the same position when he left me this morning. To me it seemed like he was getting fed up with all of this nonsense, but I couldn’t seem to stop. Though I could really care less, it was something I have been doing so long now, I didn’t mean for it to turn into depression. But the more I thought about my old life, the more it began to take over. Even Lily couldn’t help me after that, it was like Shadows owned her now.

“Evy?” He questioned, tilting his head so he could lock eyes with me. I looked back at him, waiting for him to tell me what he came here to tell. I though he has given up on me, this might be the end. “I don’t know what the hell you dreamed about last week, but I could careless. You need to snap out of it, you cannot just sit in here all the time. I think I’ve given you enough time to get over whatever it was.”

“Whatever.” I mumbled, looking back at the wall and settling back in. Only receiving a smack to the side of the head in return. I cried out in shock and scrambled away from him before he could smack me again. “Hey!”

“I’m tired of this!” He snapped, crossing his arms over his chest and pouting like a child. “You are only hurting yourself. Where’s the Evy that wouldn’t stop fighting back, ever since that dream you’ve been acting like a lost dog. I hate that you are not acting normal. Tell me what the dream was about at least, if it stirred up this much emotion then I feel I have a right to know what it was at least.”

I sighed a bit then curled up on his pillow, hiding the fact that the smell of his calone actually calmed me. “They let him out you know. Clamed that he didn’t do it. It was the day before you stole me. I guess you probably saved me from getting killed by him. Its just scary that he’s back out in the world. He’s like a nightmare that never goes away.” I mumbled, pulling the blanket over my body, trying not the see the expression on his face. Which was the look like I slapped him in the face.

Maybe he just discovered that I was going to have nightmares about him when this was over. That this was going to be another experience like this could send me to the mental institution. I was already noticing that I was beginning to feel helpless and unable to take care of myself. Why did this kind of thing always happen to me? Was I destined to die as a captive to some man who gets a kick out of kidnapping people?

“I’m sorry that you’ve had this happen before, but you are right-if he is out there then you are safer here then you are at home. Besides, you were struggling to make you payments anyway, just look at it as a free place to live. I-” I couldn’t listen to him telling me the upside of things anymore. Changing the subject was the only thing I could think of, if I had to interrupt him then I would.

“How come I never hear his girl anymore? I use to hear her through the wall all the time.” I whispered. When he froze a bit I knew to expect the worst.

“She tried to kill him again. I didn’t let him kill her, but I just blindfolded her and dropped her off somewhere. She doesn’t know where we are so we are safe.” He informed.

I felt anger fill me. So he can let her go but I’m not allowed to leave?! He sensed what I was thinking and knew for sure that he had said the wrong this. It was like he could feel the anger radiating off me.

“I can’t believe you.” I growled. He just smirked a little bit, I realized he got the reaction he wanted off from me. Anger, and fighting back. He didn’t want me doing nothing anymore, he wanted to watch me flip out on him. “I don’t care if you are famous and millions of people know your flippin` name, that doesn’t give the reason to treat people like this. I don’t see why you need me.”

“I don’t really need you, but I want you here. Besides, like I said before, you are safer here. Would you rather be with me, or get ambushed by that man again. I don’t think you want to be shoved back into a basement where you are starved and beaten. You should be happy you are treated well.” He smiled. Reaching over to place a hand on my cheek, I was tempted to jerk away, but I found that I wasn’t angry enough to the point where I was begging to get into a fight with him. Actually I was kind of flattered that he would at least make up an argument to prove that I really was safer here. He is was to smart, I can’t keep falling into this trap. “I’m going to start leaving the door open so you can walk around the house, just remember that you have a tracking device on you and I will find you if you decide to run.”

“Okay.” I whispered. “Will you do me a favor?”

“Depends on what it is.” He stated, almost starting to stand up.

“Lay with me? I can’t sleep, I’m to scared to close me eyes.” I informed. Which was absolutely true, I have tried to sleep after that nightmare but I only get a couple hours every night. I’m dead tired and if I want sleep I’ve got to accept the fact that I kind of need him to hold me. I was the only way I was comforted. He looked at me weird for a moment, wondering why I want him to sleep with me now. He’s been sleeping on the couch cause he got the hint that I didn’t want anything to do with anyone. He had just tried to be nice to me.

“You should’ve told me sooner, I wouldn’t have left the room every night.” He scolded, kicking off his boots and sliding underneath the covers. I curled myself in his arms, feeling as though I shouldn’t be trying to this. But I couldn’t stop myself, I shouldn’t feel this comfortable around him. If I keep this up it could be the end of my life.