Vampires

Pretend

The cold hit me hard and nearly knocked me off my sore feet but you caught me. The temperature out here was a huge diffarence compared to sitting by the large stone fireplace and mingling with the other vampires after dinner. We learned this clan knew nothing about what was to come. Well... neither did we really other then that Stratocaster was going to eliminate Lear from the clan. How do we know that? We overheard Stratocaster, also known as Bert, talking to another vampire that I couldn't see. Now we were returning home, to your home. I am just a guest and Mikey is your sibling. Bob is staying with us tonight of course, he gets your couch. Ray is staying behind but we will see him next week, he is giving us updates every week unless something big comes up.

"Bye guys!" Ray waved to us from the door as we treked across the snow to my car which was probably half buried now. It was snowing again. Everything was so quiet, my sensivite ears only picked up static like they do when the silence isnt even there, just nothing. All there was, was our boots crunching in the snow and our breathing. White clouds appeared then vanished as we kept going. It reminded me of the Disney movie, Bambi where it begins to snow and he is calling for his mother. Then his father comes and tells Bambi that his mother is dead. I wiped my nose on the back of my numb hand. It felt like that.

"Mmm, warm." Mikey mumbled as my car started and heat began circulating through the car. I rested my hands on the vents and closed my eyes.

"Let's pretend for tonight that the world will not end." you said also resting your cold hands on the heat vents. We all nodded slowly. I turned the ignition on my car and the headlights eluminated the road ahead. A large deer was standing there staring at us pretrified.

"Atleast he doesn't need to save the world." Bob mumbled and ran his hand through his purple hair. The deer hopped away and vanished into the shadows of the pine trees.