Vampires

Decisions.

Their Christmas tree was up and the stockings hung. Candles were lit around the house and the beds were warm and cozy. The house was small but cozy. You were asleep beside me but so was Mikey. I was wedged in the middle staring at the ceiling. Really, sleeping beside you is great but Mikey is my best friend, i am not into him like that. I could here the silent static of emptiness. Bob and Ray were in Graces room while she slept downstairs waiting for Santa. I didn't realize it but its Christmas eve. Merry Christmas. I rolled over and felt a warm arm drape over my waist, we were all in just boxers. I smiled to myself.

The sun shone through the frosty window of the bedroom. I buried my face into the pillow for more sleep but I heard your angelic voice telling me to awaken. I opened one sleepy eye to see you at the foot of the bed dragging me by my ankle. I hugged the pillow as if it would save me but I only ended up on the floor besides Mikey.

"Morning Mikes."

"Morning." he said sleepily. This was pretty normal for us I guess. We dressed quickly and hurried downstairs to see Bob and Ray already helping themselves to fresh home-made pancakes with real maple syrup.

"Good morning." Mary smiled warmly at us as if she knew us forever. Her husband had the same warmth about him. "We thought about it for a while and we think your right, we wont give up our land to them."

"But wont they-" I looked at Grace, she was too young to know details. "you know."

"What else can we do, it happens either way."

"We can fight them." Mikey chirped.

"Mikes, how many Casters are there?" you asked.

"I don't know."

"Neither do we." Ray answered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its short!