Vampires

Say Goodbye

We said goodbye to Mikey and I drove you to my place to pick up Muffin. I offered to drive you to your house but you refused.

"How are you going to get there?"

"Walking." you just said. Vampires have incredible stamina but the moon was full in the ink sky. The werewolves would be out tonight.

"Your not walking around with werewolves out hunting!" I protested. You shrugged and began down the old steps leading to the main floor of my apartment building. "Wait!" I called to you. You turned around. "Please let me drive you? You gave me those pills and its the least I can do." you sighed but smiled.

"I give in." I grinned and grabbed McFly's leash and got McFly. Then I locked up my apartment and we went downstairs back to my car that hadn't even cooled yet.

We had been driving for about an hour. The traffic was light but we seemed to hit every red light. I looked down at my speedometer and sighed.

"Gotta stop for gas." we pulled into a gas station off the highway and I got out. You waited patiently with the dogs while I pumped the gas. The wind had picked up more fiercely then before and it went through my coat making me shiver. The total came to $76.83 and I put the nozzle back and closed the gas tank then went into the little store to pay. The man behind the counter seemed to be playing Solitaire. I guessed he was from India or somewhere in the middle east. I handed him my card and he swiped it lazily. We waited for it to process. Two men walked in, they were built like pro wrestlers. They walked through the isles slowly scanning the bags of chips. My excellent hearing picked up on their conversation.

"...Go for the kill. Richard needs the blood in order to rule again. The Caster Clan will rise to the top once more and take over all of the eastern United States." the blond man whispered and picked up a bad of Ruffles. They were defiantly vampires. I have heard of The Caster Clan when they lost their territory to the Gothic Clan. That's where we are now, standing in enemy territory.

"The awakening is this Tuesday, how are we going to have a traditional feast for him if Lear can't control the clan?" the other man with piercing blue eyes asked. I was a small vampire and looked very human but these vampires were unusually large. I took my receipt and left in a hurry. I needed to tell you that Richard was returning.

Okay let pause this. Who is Richard and why should we care right? Well, Richard is Dracula's youngest son. Dracula as you know, is the father of all vampires. Richard was banned from Transylvania for the pillage of the villages. Stealing young maidens and drinking their blood which of course killed the girls. He's vicious and will kill anything. It was troublesome when he came to the United States and took over New York to Florida to Northern Texas. The only clan that large and vicious was the Star Clan in Canada but they kept to themselves mostly. Richard was killed by The Gothic Clans leader, Veronica but was preserved to heal and now he's coming back!

I told you the news as we turned onto the highway and towards your house. It was even more dangerous now with werewolves hunting and The Caster Clan back in town.

"I think you should stay at my place tonight." you told me. "The city isn't safe when rival clans intrude other clans territory. I nodded, I could remember the last time... I didn't argue with you. It would be fun, a sleep over with my friend!

"What about Mikey?" I asked him. I kept my eyes on the road but I could sense him glance at me.

"We'll pick him up tomorrow but we will need to skip hunting in the area and getting the pills. We need to kill though, my supplies are running low." you gave me directions to get off the highway and onto a small street. There were many twists and turns until we reached your house. It was plain and brick with nothing really special about it. We got out and got the dogs out and you unlocked the front door. The warm air greeted us as we stepped inside and took our shoes off and wiped the dogs paws. "Welcome to my home."
♠ ♠ ♠
My dad gave me the names so yeah... anyone getting confused yet?