Waking Up with Headaches

Last Goodbye

(Lily‘s P.O.V.)

Cheers and claps filled the air as much a joyful and fearful tears floored the floor. Everyone and their parents were at Alex’s house for the gradation party. Minus my mother and Matt’s father. In fact, Matt did not want to come at all. He was in the other room with the some of the guys probably drinking or something.

I wish I was drunk. Happy people made me want to throw up at times like this. Gradation wasn’t until tomorrow and there were already water works!

“Lily,” came a calm voice from over my shoulder, “Can I talk to you upstairs?” asked Katie shyly pointing me to the stairs with her eyes. I followed her up the tall stair case and into the bathroom.

Telling from her body movements I knew something was worse “You okay?” I asked a bit nervous for an reply.

“I am fine I just needed to ask you if you have a tampon? I searched this whole bathroom and could not find one!” She laughed. I laughed and shoved my hand into my boot.

I tossed the green plastic cover roll to her “Here, mine just ended. I got it just in case but, you are going to need it more!” She laughed as I left her alone in the bathroom to take care of herself. When I got to the hall I noticed that there was not anyone I really felt like talking too.

So I waited for Katie to come out. “Thanks Lily, I owe you one!” Katie said opening the door. “Come here.” She fanned her hand back into the mellow bathroom. She opened her bag and pulled out a bottom of pills. “Want a few? They mess up but they only last for four hours. Totally safe. I swear!”

“Fuck yes! I have been stressed out all day!” I told her. She opened the orange jar and counted each group carefully. Handing me my set as she downed her. I quickly did the same and thanked her. We quickly left the bathroom as Matt found me leaving.

He smiled and pulled me into a kiss. Just a peck. “Here I got you a drink.” I smiled taking a sip of the bitter sweet drink. “So the apartment will be ready in a month. Perfect timing when I get back from the show with the guys.”

By force of habit I sucked down the rest of the drink “I can‘t wait!” I smiled pressing my lips to his once more. I could already feel the pills kicking in. My sight was starting to blur a bit.

Matt started to talk more but my head could not keep up. Before I knew it he kissed the top of my head and moved to the stairs. I followed behind into the crowd of faces.

My eye was caught over by a flash. I headed towards the groups taking photos. It was the perfect family. Happy and all together. I missed that feeling. Turning my back to them I headed down the hallway into the cool night air outside.

I could not see a thing but felt my heart slowly breaking. John still had a month to service before he came home, my mother was fighting with me and blaming me for everything. No family was there for me.

“Liles? Are you okay?” come a voice from behind me.

Staying in the middle of the yard I pushed my tear to the side hoping no one would see “Just peachy! Can I just be alone?” I yelled at the familiar voice.

He turned me around to face his brown eyes. Warm and kind they reminded me of Matt. “I am not leaving you alone until you stop crying!” He laughed blushing another tear from my cheek “Do you want to go back inside?”

I sighed looking back to the bright house “Not really, I hate seeing all the happy families.”

“Ohh I see!” he reply “You miss John, don‘t you?” I nodded fighting back a few more tears at the name. “Oh don‘t cry, Liles!” He cheered me up wrapping me into a hug letting me hind into a hoodie “Come on, lets go. I will take you to your house if you want.”

I giggled thinking about being back home “I don‘t want to go home!”

“Fine I will take you back to my house then!” He said pulling me to the front of the house and into a car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I had a lot of shit going on! I wrote this all today and it still kind of sucks!

Comments will help a lot! Thank you! c: