Status: you have no idea how much fun i'm having with writing this. :)

The Traveling Man

Life As I See it

I woke up this morning to the usual untainted boredom of human life. Rolling out of bed at 6:30, I added some makeup to my face, covering up the mess that was residue from yesterday's makeup. Pulling a brush through my hair, I turned up my iPod and listened to that same annoying pop music my best friend had put on it two weeks ago. I loved the girl, but she really needed to get new music.

I continued the Morning Routine until I was done, and--looking like a Reasonable Human Being--I stepped out of my apartment and headed for class.

Some things about me: I am a student at a tiny university in London. I'm with a weird sort of foreign exchange program, because I'm really from Seattle, Washington. But I live alone, and I have for the three months I've been here. I'm studying acting, so it won't surprise you to hear that the top of this paragraph is what I told the neighbors, and the truth is the "tiny university" happens to be the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, and the weird little foreign exchange program is called I Got Into This College, So I'm Going. Nobody in my strange little neighborhood that is strictly conservative and likes the idea of I Grew Up in This Town, and So Did All My Ancestors very much would have believed my story. Most of them think acting is of the devil, anyways, so telling them I'm at a very prestigious school for performing arts would have ended... badly.

And so I'm here. Honestly, I love my life. I think I must be the luckiest girl in the world to have this opportunity. I know several different people from my high school that would have killed to come with me. But even in a school of actors, where everything is pulled out of proportion into the worlds of either amazing or horrible, life had a sameness. I was just a little bored. And living life alone doesn't help with that either.

What can I say? I needed a companion. A new best friend. Someone to have a real adventure with.

I was just thinking that when someone who fit that description perfectly materialized around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for short chapters! I'm switching off viewpoints..... weeeeew! fun! comment and enjoy!