I'm A Walking Disaster, They Told You To Stay Away

Puke Fest

"I'm being dead serious! My mom would have killed me if I came home without you!" he said frantically. "And you!" he pointed to Alex,” You should have texted me when you saw her!"

"Sorry! I didn't know she was missing!" Alex yelled back.

"Did you think I was running around yelling her name for fun!?! Come on, Alex!" Jack seemed pissed, and I felt bad. I didn't know that I was missing. I figured I'll just walk around and meet some new people, it was not big deal. "I'm just going to have to put you on a leash!"

“That won’t happen!” I blurted out.

“You think I’m kidding? Lauren, I almost had a heart attack. The very first, I repeat, the very first night I take you out, and I lose you!” He sat between me and Alex, pushing Alex off the edge. “I’m just happy you’re okay. I can’t let my favorite cousin go missing!”

“Jack, it’s her first night here, she’s just trying to make some friends,” Alex said coming to my defense. It was almost like he read my mind, kind of weird.

“Well, she should have warned me she was going to wander off!” Jack explained.

“Jackary, I’m going to go meet some new people. I have my phone, call or text me when we’re leaving!” I said walking off.

I stumbled across a lonely bottle of Jack Daniels. It was calling out to me. It light brown color called tempted me. It wanted me to drink it. I grabbed the bottle and started chugging. I could taste a hint of the bitterness as it flowed down my throat. One swig was all it took to have a head change. I immediately felt the harshness of this poison. Everyone around me looked so happy. I started talking to complete strangers like I’ve known them for years. They replied back in the same way. I was having the time of my life. I realized I practically chugged down the whole bottle.

“Did you just drink that whole bottle?” I turn around to see Alex grinning at me.

“Maybe; maybe not. You tell me!” I said with my words slurred together.

“Damn girl, you can hold your liquor! Mad respect.”Alex put his arm around me. “You’re alright! I’m happy you moved down here!”

“Pft, I’m not.” I mumbled.

“Why? Everyone seems to love you!” Alex said helping me take a seat.

“Jack didn’t say anything about why I moved here, did he?” I looked at his face. It was
confused, even blank.

“No, he just told us his badass cousin is moving in!” He smiled. “I’m guessing there’s more; like you got arrested so your parents sent you here to stay out of trouble or you’re under the witness protection program!”

“Or my parents died.” It’s the first time I’ve actually said that out loud. I haven’t been able to even bear the thought and somehow I just said it. Wow, I’m pretty fucked up.

“Oh, I’m so sorry Lauren. I shouldn’t have egged you on.” He took my hand in his. Despite all the calluses, his hands were pretty soft.

“It’s okay. I might as well get use to saying it. I’m sure people are going to ask.” I held on to his hand. And then my stomach dropped, it’s not the good kind of drop; it’s the kind of drop that I’m going to puke. I look at Alex. “I think I’m going to puke.” He picks me up and takes me to the nearest bathroom. There was a couple in there making out hardcore.

“Yeah, get the fuck out!” Alex yells. They shot him a dirty look and leave. “Here,” Alex lifts the toilet seat and holds my hair back. “Once you throw up, everything will be better! I promise!” I look at him, he smiles. Then I felt something coming up my throat, I aim inside the bowl. God, this is so embarrassing. Alex rubbed my back while I puked my guts out.

I sit there with my head in the toilet just to make sure nothing else comes out. I lean back. The room was spinning a mile an hour. I close my eyes and focus on one thing. The first thing that comes to my mind is my parents. My dad was pretty good looking and my mom was the definition of beautiful. They were the perfect couple! I remember for my 13th birthday they took me on a shopping spree. Anything I wanted, I could have. Price didn’t matter; the world was in my hands. I remember going to every single store in the mall. I picked out a whole new wardrobe. Everything fit perfectly. It was almost like a dream, but it was real, very real. I finally picked out everything I wanted. My mom and dad had their hands pretty full. They were happy though. I remember going home after the shopping trip to a surprise birthday party. All of my friends and family were there. That had to be the best day of my life.

“Lauren?” a voice said. I felt water trickling on my face. “Alex, I swear to God if she doesn’t wake up, I’m going to kill you!” It was Jack talking. I guess I passed out after my puke fest.

“Jack, she just passed out. How many times have you passed out?” Alex responded.

“Yeah, but this could be different. What if she over dosed or something? Like she’s going through hell right now, I don’t want to lose her.” Jack’s voice cracked.

“I’m not dead,” I said waving my hand to stop the water from coming down. I tried sitting up, thankfully Jack and Alex helped prop me up. “Do you think I would really kill myself?” I asked Jack.

“Lauren, if my parents died; that would be my first reaction,” he admitted to me. “I couldn’t deal with that. It just shows how strong you are.” I look at him. You can always tell from someone’s eyes if they’re lying or not, and I could tell he wasn’t. “I don’t want to lose you. Your mom and dad were my favorite aunt and uncle; I don’t want to lose my favorite cousin to.” Jack wraps his arms around me and kisses me on the forehead.

“Jack, I won’t kill myself. This tragedy happened for a reason. Obviously, I lived through to do something with my life and I will figure out what that is!” I smile at him and wrap my arms around him. I hear sniffling in the background.

“Come on over here, Alex!” I hear Jack say. Alex wraps his arms around me and Jack. I felt safe and warm between them. Suddenly, the door is ripped open.

“Alex, take me home now!” I look up to see the bitch from earlier. “I have to go now.”

“No,” Alex replied with a stern voice.

“Excuse me? Get off your ass and take me home!” she struck back.

“I said no. If there is one thing I learned tonight, it’s that I shouldn’t put up with bullshit!” he barked back. I would have thought he would have learned to cherish his life or something, not putting up with bullshit. “I’m done with you.”

“Are you breaking up with me?” Her face turned red, I swear steam was about to blow out of her ears.

“Do I need to spell it out for you? I thought I made it plain and simple.” Alex stood up. “So bye-bye!” She walked out of sight. Jack stood up and helped me up to; he kept his arm around me thinking I would fall.

“Great come back, ‘do I need to spell it out for you?’ haven’t heard that since 3rd grade!” Jack and I burst out laughing. Alex looked at us and busted out laughing too. “You and your comebacks! You should write a book or something!”

“Shut up!” Alex said giving Jack a shove. “Let’s leave, I’m tired a hungry.” Alex walked out the door. Me and Jack followed. I could tell this would be wonderful friendship!
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if this doesn't flow very well. I was in the middle of writing this when my sister came home with a xBox Kinect, GREATEST THING EVER! I hope y'all like it! Comments?:)