New Perspective

New Perspective 18

Emily's POV.
I can't explain what I felt as I fell through the air. Not the actual emotion anyway because I'm pretty sure that doesn't have a name. But I can round it to a few. At first it was pure terror. But that's obvious. I felt fear at the thought I was never going to see my family again. Fear that I would never get to have another party or boyfriend. Fear that this was the end and I was going to die without getting a chance to say goodbye.
The next was sadness and betrayal. I felt sad that my friends had betrayed me. Worse yet they had tried to kill someone that makes me happy because they aren't. I was sad because my friends are probably injured now because of me. Who knows Darren could still push Brendon off.
Finally I felt pure happiness and calm. Now this was strange. But as I realised that I was going to die trying to save the ones I loved my fear left and my betrayal and sadness declined. Perhaps this wasn't the end? Perhaps there was another life or another place which our souls go. If not then how would I know? It's not like I'd be conscious. I'll be completely free of pain and worry as soon as I hit this ground. That was calming.
I looked below me to see Nathan with his eyes shut. Whether he was unconscious or just not wanting to see the outcome I wasn't sure. I didn't want to know.All I knew was that theground below uswas getting closer and closer by the second and soon we'd be nothing more than bleeding bodies.Maybe we'll get to see our funeral. Or watch ourwhole lives ona screen beforewemove on.
What seemed like seconds to my friends aboveappeared like minutes to me. I had time to realise what I had done wrong. I hadtime to regret not telling Brendon that I loved him because thinking about it now it struck me that I did. But most of all I had time to revisit everymemory I have.Good memories. Because of that I was happy.
I can't tell you what happened next as I do not know myself. For that I will leave you with the thoughts and perspective of my dear boyfriend. If you ever meet him tell him I love him.
Enjoy your lives, live life to the full and I'll see you when you get here. Hopefully not too soon though.