I've Got Purpose Once Again

In The City

I leaned my head against the window as Dani drove. We had been driving for three hours now, trying to find Max's bus. Dani insisted that they were still in town, I told her they had probably already left.

My phone went off then. I opened it and saw a text from Max.

i miss you. :/

I sighed and texted him back. i miss you too.

Dani had stopped at McDonalds, we were both getting hungry and it was around lunch time. She looked at me, noticing the look on my face. "Are you okay?" she asked. I nodded. "Max texted."

"What'd he say?" she asked as we got out of the car and headed for the enterance.

"He misses me." I said, following her in.

She smiled. "And what did you tell him?"

"I miss him also."

Dani smiled as we got in line. "We'll find him, promise." she said, patting my shoulder. My phone went off again.

are you coming to the show tonight or are you still mad at me?

The show? Shit! I forgot! They had a show tonight, of course they're still in town! "Dani, they're still in town." I said.

She had just finished ordering our food and looked at me. "I told you that."

"They have that show tonight, in the city."

She smiled. "See, I told you we would find them." I smiled too. "I guess that's where we need to go."

We grabbed our food and headed back to the car. We sat down in her car, turning the cd player on. Escape the Fate came on, of course. It was old Escape the Fate but, Escape the Fate nonetheless.

"Remember when this first came out and you were in love with Ronnie." I said, picking the tomatos off of my Big Mac.

She turned, giving me this look. "Yeah, don't remind me."

I laughed. "It was cute!"

"You were in love with Max."

"I was not."

"Oh, that's right...you're STILL in love with Max. You have been since I first met you guys." she said, eating some fries.

"Shut up and eat your fries." I said.

She giggled. "That reminds me of blessthefall's music video for Hey Baby.."

"Pancakes sound delicious right now." I said, laughing.

She laughed too and we finished our food and finally got back on the road.

-----

We headed to the city, getting there an hour before the show started. I spotted Escape the Fate's bus as soon as we parked.

"Should we go see them?" I asked.

"Sure, why not." she said.

We walked over to the bus and I looked at her. "Should I text him or should we knock or what?" I asked. "Knock." she said.

I took in a deep breath and then knocked on the door. There was some shuffling inside and then the door opened.

"What are you two doing here?" Monte asked.

"I came to see Max." I said.

"Max! Emily's here!" Monte called over his shoulder.

We heard some more shuffling, more like running, and then Max appeared, looking gorgeous as ever. He hadn't gotten his "stage" makeup on yet, none of them have. So catching them in the "nude" was a little funny.

I smiled at him. "Hi."

Max pushed Monte's arm out of the way and came down the steps, throwing his arms around me and giving me the warmest hug ever. I hugged him back, Dani just smiled, avoiding Monte's eyes at all cause.

"I'm so glad you're here." Max whispered, only loud enough for me to hear.

He took my hand and pulled me onto the bus. Monte went to close the door and Max hit him in the chest. "Don't be rude." he hissed. Monte sighed and looked at Dani. "Well, come on." he said.

She walked up, glaring at him as she did.

"Bitch." he mumbled. I was the only one who caught it though.