Status: new:)

The Runaway Bride

Sometimes it Hurts Instead

Sometimes it last in love
But sometimes it hurts instead.

-Adele “One and Only”

“Are you sure about this, Leah?” Violet asked nervously looking at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a yellow dress and her hair hanged in loose curls. Paul always liked it when she wore yellow dresses, he would say she was the sunshine of La Push.

“Are you kidding me Violet?” Leah laughed, “Look at you! You’re gorgeous! Paul is going to just die when he sees you!”

“Or kill me” Violet muttered remembering Paul’s little scene from three days ago.

Leah rolled her eyes “Don’t say that” Leah turned to look at Violet admiring her friend. Violet turned away from the mirror and looked at Leah who had tears in her eyes. “You’ve come along way, and I’m so proud of you” Leah said.

“It’s thanks to you Leah. I would have been so lost if it wasn’t for you” Violet sighed smiling at Leah “Thanks for everything Leah”

Leah smiled back at her “What are best friends for?” she blinked away her tears.

Violet put an arm around Leah’s shoulder “Leah, you’re not my best friend, you’re my sister”

Leah chuckled “You’re my sister too”

The girls both chuckled hugging each other “Now come on lets finish you off” Leah pulled on Violet’s hand. By the time Paul takes a look at you he will be crawling back to you, begging you to take him back”

Violet laughed nervously. She only hoped everything would go well. She never wanted to see the side of Paul she had met at the beach again. That Paul terrified her. It was not the Paul she remembered. The Paul she had known was sweet and kind. He cared about others feelings. He was her world. The man she had met at the beach was cruel and mean. He was vengeful and murderous. She could only hope that she could get the old Paul back.

She missed him.

****

“Come on Paul!” Embry threw a pillow at Paul “You need to get up! This isn’t healthy!”

“Get the fuck out! I’m tired!” Paul yelled throwing the pillow back at Embry.

“You need to get up! Sam is angry that you missed patrol yesterday. He’s probably going to make you do it all week next week”

“I don’t care if Sam’s mad. Just get the fuck out!”

“Leah invited us all to a barbeque. Come on you need to stop moping around!” Embry raised his hands dramatically.

“Whom the fuck said I was moping around?” Paul argued. “I don’t care if Violet’s back”

“Who said anything about Violet” Embry rolled his neck knowing well he meant it about her.

“Just get the fuck out Embry” Paul muttered under his pillow.

“No man, you’re coming with me to the barbeque” Embry crossed his arms “Aren’t you hungry? You’re always hungry! Now go take a damn shower and shave a little will ya’? You look like a damn hippy,” Embry scolded.

Paul growled getting up knowing Embry wouldn’t leave him alone otherwise. He grabbed his towel and trudged straight to the bathroom.

Embry smirked. Oh yeah, he still had it.

Paul sighed getting inside the shower. The more he told himself not to think about Violet the more he found himself thinking about her. She was like a damn tattoo. The one you regretted getting the following morning after a crazy night. He leaned his head against the shower wall letting the water pelt against his back. Stop thinking about her he banged his head against the wall lightly.

It was the end of their third date. Paul had taken her out to a mini fair that was placed on the beach. He had won her three big stuff animals. One that she was carrying and the rest that Paul was carrying. They stood outside her house door.

“Thanks again for these cuties” Violet giggled motioning to the rather large stuff animals.

“Even though it took me ten minutes to get each” Paul chuckled lightly slightly embarrassed that it had taken him that long to get the stuff animals. He blamed her though; she made him nervous enough to not function well.

“But you got them at the end” Violet said proudly making Paul smile brightly.

She leaned against her door “Thanks for today” she smiled. She moved towards him and gave him a kiss on the cheek making Paul’s heart drum faster.

“No problem” he said hoarsely.

“Bye Paul” she opened the door getting inside.

“Bye” he said in a low voice watching her go in her house.

When she shut the door he sighed happily going down the steps. He took some steps forward when he heard the door open.

“Paul?” Violet’s lovely voice rang through his ear.

He turned to face her and as soon as he turned her lips connected with his in their first kiss. Paul felt his whole body heat up more that usual. He didn’t care how girly this sounded but damn did he have butterflies in his stomach. When they pulled away Violet chuckled nervously putting a strand of her behind her ear.

“Sorry” she said looking down “I couldn’t help myself”

Paul laughed pulling her towards him connecting his lips to her again. She wrapped her arms around him as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

They pulled away looking into each others eyes both smiling

“That time I couldn’t help myself” Paul said his smile growing bigger than before.


When Paul came out of the shower he was clean cut shaved. He wore a gray V-neck and some khaki shorts.

“Now was that so hard?” Embry asked.

“Fuck you” Paul grumbled making Embry laugh. “Now lets go” Paul pushed Embry out the door.

When Paul parked the car in front of Leah’s house, Jared, Jacob and Quil were getting out of Jacob’s car.

“What is up my dogs!” Jared shouted moving in closer to his buds, Quil and Jacob following along.

“I am so hungry” Embry’s stomach growled ferociously.

The boys went up the steps and opened the door as if it was their home.

Leah was setting chips down on the table. She turned to look at the boys who were coming in. She frowned “How many times am I going to have to tell you to knock before you come in?”

“Psh, no times” Jacob rolled his eyes “As if we would listen”

“You guys are so fucking rude” Leah grumbled.

“Is that the welcome we get?” Jared snickered “You never were the welcoming type”

“Shut up and go get the grill on will ya’” Leah gave up.

The boys headed outside for once doing what they were told.

As soon as the boys left outside Violet came out of her hiding spot. She had locked herself in the coat closet.

“Leah, I don’t think I can do this” Violet panicked.

“Don’t worry, everything will be fine” Leah reassured “Now come help me give these idiots the meat”

Violet helped Leah grab the patties and hot dogs. The boys were laughing and pushing each other around. As soon as everybody set eyes on Violet, the clock stopped. Silence invaded the back yard. No one said a word. They stared at her in awe, as if they had seen a ghost.

“What the hell is she doing back here?” Paul growled feeling his body quiver with anger.

“We don’t know man” Embry shrugged feeling sympathy for his friend “Maybe she just couldn’t stay away”

“Just calm down Paul” Jacob urged, “You don’t want to do anything stupid”

Violet could feel the tension in the air she wanted to go back inside. She turned to look a Leah who whispered it was ok. She nodded and walked forward along with Leah.

“Hi guys” Violet greeted shyly setting down the plate of meat”

“What the fuck are you doing here,” Paul growled before anyone could answer to her greetings.

Violet looked at him taken aback. “Leah invited me”

Paul turned to Leah giving her a murderous look. Leah didn’t care though. This was her house and she could invite who ever she wanted. She didn’t need Paul’s permission.

“Leave” Paul snarled.

“No” Violet crossed her arms “I have as much right to be here as you do” she said suddenly gaining confidence.

“Leave” Paul repeated moving in closer to where he was looking down at her.

“No” Violet answered more confident that before.

“Relax, Paul” Leah warned “We’re all here to have fun, that’s all”

Paul didn’t listen though. What surprised everybody is what he did next. He grabbed Violet from her arm roughly and pulling her with him taking her inside the house. Everybody followed trying to stop him. He pulled her through the house Violet begging for him to let her go. Paul was deaf to everyone’s words those. At that moment all he saw was red.

“Paul man! Let her go!” The boys followed him trying to stop him.

“Please Paul! You’re hurting me!” Violet begged her voice shaking.

He opened the front door and pushed her out making Violet land on the floor.

“Don’t ever come back here again,” He threatened giving her one last harsh look before slamming the door.

“You fucking douchebag!” Leah came up from behind him punching him square on the jaw. Paul rubbed his jaw ignoring Leah. He turned to look at the guys who were all giving him disapproving expressions.

When Leah went to go check on her friend she was no longer there, her car was gone.

“How could you do that to her!” Leah came back in the house trudging at Paul ready for a fight. Before she could take another swing at him Jared and Jacob took hold of her.

Paul looked at Leah giving her a death glare panting angrily “How could YOU do that to me?” Paul shook his head dishearten leaving the house.

“Good job Leah!” Embry said sarcastically as soon as Paul left the house.

“This isn’t my fault!” she defended.

“You knew how Paul felt about Violet, but you still had to invite her didn’t you?” Embry shook his head heading to the door “Real low, even for you Leah” he said shutting the door.

The other guys gave Leah the same disapproving look and left the house. Leah scoffed folding her arms. She never meant for this to happen.

***
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go!

If you want more updates remember to leave comments!

I love hearing from everyone of you:)

Sorry for the shortness of it! Next one I'll try to make it longer!:)

Love,

icanread29:)