Status: new:)

The Runaway Bride

The way I loved you

Oh, but even if I fall in love again
With someone else
It could never be the way I loved you.

-Selena Gomez “The Way I loved You”

Violet woke up to rain pelting on her back. She was on the floor near a tree. Her clothes were covered in mud. She stood up slowly and leaned against a tree. This was the third time she had fallen unconscious. She kept going into and coming out of consciousness. She got out of the car trying to find some help but she had no luck. She had no idea where she was. She blinked away the tears from her eyes. She had to stay strong. The blood on her forehead had dried out, but she had lost a lot of it. Her shirt was covered in it. Her body was aching and she could barely turn her head to look in different directions. She had no idea where her phone was. She really wanted to cry.

A howl echoed around the forest. Wolves? There were wolves right now? This was just her luck. Maybe she was meant to die. She was meant to die without Paul’s forgiveness. She had hurt him and now it was time for her to get what she deserved. She didn’t want to die though. She wanted to be selfish and get back to Paul. She loved him, always had and always would.

She slowly walked forward limping. She wasn’t going to give up just yet.

“Somebody please help me!” she yelled desperately. “Help!”

She continued walking forward. If she could just find a road maybe she would be ok. She swayed to the side feeling woozy. She stopped for a moment. Not now she said to herself please not now. She took a deep breath and continued forward.

“Help!” she yelled again “Can anybody, please help me!”

*****

Paul’s ears perked up when he heard a voice spring through the dark misty air.

“Help!” the voice cried out. “Somebody please help me!” Paul Immediately recognized the voice. Violet! He ran to the direction the voice was coming from. He ran faster then he had ever done before. His paws competed with the slipperiness of the mud on the ground. He ran forward pushing his feet harder against the ground. He stopped and slightly skidded when he finally saw her. She swayed slightly and fell to her knees. He felt his world stop yet spin faster than before. She was alive. Relief washed through his whole body and he felt his knees go week.

He immediately phased back to his human form. He ran to her and knelt down to her level.

“Violet!” he yelled holding her onto her arm.

“Paul?” she looked up at him and when she saw it was him, relief washed through her face “Paul!” she yelled hugging him by the neck as she cried.

“It’s ok, it’s ok. I’m here,” he cooed rubbing her back, not caring that she was completely covered in mud and blood. Paul pulled away from her examining. He frowned when he saw the cut on her forehead and the blood on her shirt.

“Are you ok?” he passed his thumb against her cheek.

“Yeah, just a few scratches and bruises, but I’m ok. Just please get me out of here” she laughed relieved. He looked at her like he didn’t believe her. The cut on her forehead hurt like hell but she didn’t want to worry him. She also wasn’t going to tell him that she could pass out any minute or that she had been passing in and out.

“I’m fine” she reassured him putting her hand on top of the hand he had on her cheek.

Paul nodded helping her up. They walked forward and he noticed that she was limping. He stopped them and picked her up.

“No Paul” she let out a yelp “I can walk, it’s going to be hard carrying me and walking in this rain”

“You can’t even walk Violet!” Paul argued.

“I’ll be fine”

“No” he said firmly.

Violet sighed knowing she wouldn’t win.

"Paul, your shirtless" Violet let him know.

"Now is not the time to be thinking about my body Violet" Paul said happily to have her back in his arms.

Paul easily carried her. He knew this place like he knew the back of his palm. He wanted to get her out of there fast and into somewhere warm. She was so cold and her teeth would chatter. If only she were strong enough right now he would have phased and taken her out of there. But he had to remind himself that she knew nothing of his world and he intended on keeping it that way.

Paul turned his head to Violet and he was that she kept nodding off. Violet tried to stay awake but she felt like she was slipping. She was scared that if she closed her eyes for a minute she would never open them again. At least that was how she felt, but she couldn’t help it her eyes kept closing without her permission.

“Don’t close your eyes Violet” he demanded. She looked extremely pale. He knew she wasn’t ok. She was extremely injured. Paul worried that she could break at any moment.

“Just for a minute” she whispered.

“Violet, don’t” he urged “We’re almost there I promise.” He could feel her go limp in his arms. “Damn It Violet! Stay awake!”

Violet opened her eyes with difficultly. They kept closing on their own.

“Just a little bit more Violet” He begged “Please don’t do this to me,” she heard Paul say, but it all sounded so far away until she finally couldn’t hear anything at all.

*****

Light, was the first thing she acknowledged when she opened her eyes. Lot’s and lots of light. She squinted trying to adjust her eyes to the brightness. She looked around the room stiffly. She noticed she had a neck brace. There were white walls, a white bed and the beeping of machines. She knew this place like the back of her hand. It was a hospital. She turned to her left and saw Paul on a couch sound a sleep. His chest moved up and down slowly. She smiled, noticing how peaceful and angelic he looked.

She moved her bangs with her hands and felt the bandage of her forehead. She let out a series of cough that woke Paul up. Paul immediately sat up and went to her.

“What’s wrong?” he asked worriedly.

She coughed into her arm and waved him away letting him know she was all right. When she stopped coughing she turned her head up to look at him.

“I’m fine” she said surprised at how raspy her voice sounded. “Can I have some water?” she asked.

Paul nodded and grabbed the cup of water helping her take a drink of the cup.

“Thanks” she smiled timidly. “So what’s the diagnose doctor?” she joked motioning to her body which most was all bandaged up.

Paul frowned not finding it funny that she had gotten hurt. Violet rolled her eyes knowing that look.

“It’s just a joke Paul”

Paul sighed rubbing his eyes with the bottom of his palms. “The doctor said that you are wearing the collar because you have a neck strain, you had a concussion that’s why you kept getting fainting spells. You dislocated your shoulder so your going to have to wear that sling” the pointed to the sling on her shoulder. “You also fractured your ankle that is why you have an ankle brace,” he pointed to her foot. “And some minor cuts and bruises and that’s about it” he said letting out a yawn.

“How long have I been out?”

“Three days”

“What?” she sat down abruptly. She let out a yelp from the pain that came on her neck and shoulder.

“Be careful!” Paul scolded going to her and softly rubbing the shoulder that wasn’t hurt.

“What do you mean I’ve been out for three days! Paul I have to go to work!” she said trying to take off the blankets on her.

“Are you kidding me Violet?” Paul looked at her as if she were crazy “Look at you! You’re a wreck!”

She frowned “Thanks”

“You know what I mean” Paul rolled his eyes “You can’t work like this until at least three weeks”

“Three weeks!?”

“Yes, three weeks” Paul nodded “Now stop getting all worked up, your blood pressure is rising” he said looking that the number that was rising on one of the machine that was connected to her.

Violet frowned trying to cross her arms, but failed because of the sling.

Paul chuckled at her pouting he made a move to kiss her but he stopped when he realized what he was doing. His heart slammed in his chest at the stupid move he was about to commit. What the hell was he thinking? They weren’t together; he couldn’t just kiss her when he wanted.

The door opened and in came the doctor. He smiled “Ah, I see you’re up young lady”

Violet rolled her eyes but smiled “ Young lady? We are the same age, Ben”

Ben chuckled and Paul frowned crossing his arms defensively not liking all the friendliness going on in the room. He didn’t know they were close or else he would have demanded for a different doctor.

“How are you feeling?” Ben asked getting closer to her sitting on top of the bed next to her. Paul only frowned even more, that wasn’t right. A doctor shouldn’t be that friendly with his patient.

“I’ve been better, you know less purple” she chuckled making him laugh as well.

Paul let out a growl. Violet turned to look at him stunned. Paul retorted by acting as though he were clearing his throat.

“Sorry” he mumbled putting his head down.

“Well, depending on how some test come out you can go home tomorrow” Ben said getting up and patting her leg. “Hope you feel better see you tomorrow” Ben said turning around “Oh was it Paul?” he asked looking at Paul.

Paul nodded curtly.

“Are you Madder’s boyfriend?”

Paul and Violet turned to look at each other. Violet blushed and turned her head away.

“No.”

Ben nodded pensively then turned to look at Violet and smiled his eyes twinkling “That’s a relief” he shutting the door behind him.

“What the hell was that about?” Paul growled.

“What was what about?” she asked confused.

That’s a relief” Paul imitated Ben’s voice using a much girlier tone.

Violet chuckled “Ben does not talk like that”

“Stop trying to change the subject! What’s going on?” he demanded.

“I’m not trying to and theirs is nothing going on, nothing!” she said amused by Paul’s behavior.

“It sure didn’t look like nothing” Paul grumbled crossing his arms.

“There’s nothing going on Paul” Violet rolled her eyes “He’s just my boss and a really good friend of mine”

“I bet”

“What’s that suppose to mean?” she asked offended.

“Nothing” he sighed defeated.

“Are you jealous of Ben?” she asked delighted.

“No” Paul immediately responded turning a light shade of pink.

“Really? She raised an eyebrow “For a second I thought you were”

“Oh yeah?” Paul tried to act surprised “ Well you thought wrong” Paul said a bit embarrassed.

“Whatever you say Paul, whatever you say”.

“I’m not jealous. What just because he has a nice set of hair? Or a nice pair of shoes and probably has a nice car and a good job, or was talking to you in my opinion way too friendly does not mean I’m jealous. I could care less.”

Violet bit her lip trying to hide the grin that threaten to come out. “Ok” she cleared her throat.

“I’m not jealous,” he grumbled. Sitting on the couch he was before and crossing his arms and legs.

“No, of course not” her eyes gleamed.

“I’m much cooler than him”

“ Totally, you’re like way more cooler than Ben. You’re like eight grade cool. Ben is totally a sixth grader” Violet nodded.

“Violet?” Paul asked sweetly.

“Yeah?”

“Shut up.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is another chapter! Boy do I feel accomplished!

Than you too all who sent a comment they are absolutely appreciated! It is because of you guys that I continue the story! :D

Anyways hope you guys enjoy this chapter!:)

Have a wonderful day:)

Love,

icanread29

P.s Don't forget to comment for more Paul and Violet :D