Status: new:)

The Runaway Bride

That's My Girl.

Aint no way I'm letting her go
See I've been warned by everyone around me
She gon' be the death of me oh yeah
But aint no way I'm letting her go (no)
See all the money in this world don't mean
Nothing without her, nothing without her yeah

-Nelly “Nothing Without Her”

“Slowly, slowly, slower, slower”

“Ok, I get it Paul” Violet rolled her eyes. Paul was helping her get inside her house. Doctor Ben had finally let her go home. She still had the collar on her neck, the ankle brace and the sling on her shoulder. She was happy to finally go home, but Paul kept hovering over her. Don’t get her wrong she loved spending time with him and he had been so sweet to her. None of what happened before had been discussed, but Paul’s constant hovering was getting to the point where she wanted to pull off her hair, hair by hair.

“Obviously not’” Paul snapped “Every time I tell you to slow down you pick up the damn pace!”

“Can you blame me Paul? You’re acting like you’re my mother right now”

“I was just trying to help!” Paul barked “But fine then, I’ll leave you be” he said letting go of her waist and leaving her standing on her own outside her house.”

Violet sighed, guilty for snapping at Paul. He was right he was just trying to help. She just felt so helpless. She was a nurse she was the one who had to help the hurt, not the other way around.

She just needed sometime to herself. Then she would go apologize. She limped forward slowly and painfully. She let out a groan she really did need Paul. She heard a groan from behind her and steps marching to her. Paul grabbed her by the waist and helped her walk forward. She gave him an apologetic lopsided smile. Paul rolled his eyes and muttered something under his breath.

He helped her up the steps. He opened the door for her and helped her in, setting her on the couch. Paul looked around the house, it was such a girls house nothing compared to his. It smelled like a fresh breezy afternoon. Paul frowned when he realized something.

“You live here alone”

“Yeah? So?” Violet raised her eyebrow confused.

“What do you mean so? Who the hell is going to watch over you?” he passed his hand through his hair tensely. He paced back and forth in front of Violet. “Who’s going to take care of you?”

“Myself?” she suggested.

Paul scoffed “Please Violet, you can barely move”

“Just don’t worry about it Paul I’ll find a way” Violet shrugged.

Paul stared at her pensively “Emily!” a light bulb in his head turned on.

“Huh?”

“Emily can take care of you” He said rather proud of himself.

“You’re kidding right?”

“I’m serious Violet, You can’t stay here by yourself. I would take you with me but I’m not home all the time and I can’t function right if I’m going to have to be worrying about you”

Aww, her heart melted at his words. He was worried about her. Maybe he cared more than he let show.

“You know Emily hates me Paul”

“No she doesn’t” Paul immediately responded.

Violet laughed “You’re kidding right! You want to know how many threatening messages she left on my phone? 13 that’s how much”

“She did what?” Paul asked astonished. That couldn’t be right. Emily was one of the sweetest people he knew.

“Hey this is Violet, leave a message bye!”

“Violet if you don’t come back here I’ll kill you! I swear I will! Get your ass back Paul is devastated.”

“Hey this is Violet, leave a message bye!”

“Listen here you piece of shit. If I ever see you again I swear I’ll cut you up! You hear me!” Emily roared.

“Hey this is Violet, leave a message bye!”

“I so hope you have a painful death for everything you put Paul through. You deserve nothing but the worst. You make me sick you little bitch!”


“She said that to you?” Paul asked in awe sitting down on the recliner next to her.

Violet nodded “Those were just some”

Pauls’ awe expression suddenly turned into anger “How could she have told you all those things!” he stood up angrily “She had no right!” his chest heaved up and down.

“Paul relax. I understand where she was coming from. She loves you” she said quietly.

Paul knew that before he would have agreed with everything Emily had said. But now he was so fucking furious. What right did she have in calling Violet all those names. He was beyond pissed. The biggest question that bothered his was what had changed? What made him care what people spoke about Violet. Emily was only defending him but he couldn’t help the anger that was bursting inside of him.

“It’s ok Paul really, I don’t hold anything against her but I’m not so sure about her” she chuckled nervously.

Paul looked at her his jaws clenching tightly. He looked so handsome whenever he did that. Violet missed him so much. She just wanted him close to her. Paul sat down close to her trying to control his anger. He leaned on his knuckles. His leg jumped up and down. Violet put her hand on his leg to stop his leg from jumping. Paul sighed and sat up. Violet put took hold of his hand with the arm that wasn’t hurt. Paul looked at her. She gave him a little smile. Paul felt his stomach do somersaults he swallowed hard not being able to contain himself from inching in closer to her. She felt like the least attractive girl in this world, but the way Paul was looking at her she felt like she was worth a million. He moved closer to her face his eyes going from her eyes to her lips. She met him halfway and their lips met.

Sparks were definitely what they felt when their lips touched. It was like if something had ignited their whole body. Their body was on fire. Every fiber in their being was jumping up and down. Every particle in their body screamed in joy.

Paul had no idea why he kissed her. Funny thing was that he didn’t pull away either. His lips were attached to her as though his life depended on it. It felt like it did. Everything felt like it was in place. Violet by his side. Like she had never lef—

He pulled away from her quickly yet careful not to hurt her.

“What’s wrong?” Violet asked concerned by the way she was looking at her as if she were a ghost or a monster. Paul stood up and backed away.

“You’re what’s wrong!” he pointed at her frantically.

She gave him an odd look. “You’re not making any sense”

“I just need to stay—stay away” Paul said moving towards the door

“Paul!” she called out. “Paul!” but he left her house without one last look.
****

Leah came to Violet’s house ten minutes later after Paul left. Paul had sent her there he didn’t want Violet to be alone then again he didn’t want to be anywhere near her. Lean groaned frustrated at how idiotic Paul was acting. It was fucking annoying. She wanted to punch him every chance she got. Oh I love Violet but I just can’t be with her! Fucking pathetic in her opinion and annoying as fuck.

Paul made Leah try to convince Violet to go and stay at Emily’s house. That would be somewhat humorous seeing as though Emily hated Violet’s guts. But there was no other option it was with Emily or Violet being by herself having no one to take care of her. And well Leah couldn’t have that. So Leah had no choice but to get on her knees and beg. She growled why the fuck did she have to be so nice?

Leah went inside Violet house without knocking. She found Violet on the couch with a frown.

“Turn that frown upside down!” Leah cheered.

“He left Leah!”

Leah rolled her eyes “Get over him”

Violet’s frown turned deeper “You know I can’t”

Leah sighed, “I know I know. You love him and shit”

Leah made Violet laugh at the way she worded it “Something like that”

“Ok now there is something we need to discuss” Leah said seriously.

“What is it?”

“I-need-you-to-stay-at-Emily’s-house-until-you-get-better” Leah said in one breath.

“What!” Violet sat up straight. She yelped when she hurt her neck.

“Paul already told you to be careful!” Leah said sternly.

“Are you crazy Leah! You really expect me to stay at Emily’s and have her treat me all warmly?” Violet yelled crazed.

Leah put on a smile, a fake smile “Emily is great!”

Violet rolled her eyes “Please you can barely stand her”

Leah slugged her shoulder in defeat “She’s just always so damn optimistic and peppy, it’s annoying”

“Leah, you think everything and everyone is annoying” Violet said as of matter of fact.

“So? It’s not my fault”

“Well whatever Leah I’m not staying at her house”

“Violet please don’t make me do it” Leah begged.

“Do what” Violet raised an eyebrow.

“Get on my knees” Leah muttered.

Violet rolled her eyes “You’re so dramatic.”

“Violet please just do this for me. You know my job is strict and I can’t always be here. I don’t want to have to be worrying all the time about you”

Violet shook her head.

“Please?”

Violet shook her head again.

“For me?”

Violet groaned. Was she really going to play that card? “That’s real low Leah” she narrowed her eyes at her.

“Pretty please? Will you stay at Emily’s for me?” Leah put her hands in a begging way and gave her the puppy eyes.

“Fine!” Violet gave up.

“Yes!” Leah pumped her fist. Man was she good!

Violet grabbed a pillow and while Leah was doing her happy dance she chucked it at her face “Jerk” Violet muttered as Leah glared at Violet and rubbed her nose.

********

“Emily you have to!” Paul followed Emily around the house.

“No means no Paul” Emily brushed passed him.

“But she can’t stay by herself! She’s hurt! She can’t even move on her own!” Paul cried.

“That’s not my problem” Emily said without emotion, which was weird for Paul. Emily was all about emotions.

“But it’s my problem, Emily!”

“Well it shouldn’t be your problem Paul!” Emily snapped “She’s not part of you life anymore. Get. Over. Her.” Emily straighten up “She’s a bitch”

Paul growled “That’s. My. Girl!”

“She’s nothing Paul! NOTHING!”

Paul clenched his jaw and his fist. He didn’t recognize this Emily. He didn’t like her at all. “What the heck is wrong with you Emily?” he shook his head disappointed.

“What’s wrong with me?” She laughed humorlessly “For four years Paul I had to see you mope around for her. She completely destroyed you. And suddenly out of nowhere she comes back? And wants you back? What for Paul? Huh? So she can walk back out again? Well I’m going to let her have her way this time. So stay away from her!”

“Who are you to tell me who I can and can’t be with? You’re not the boss of me Emily, so stop trying to control me!” he felt his body quiver. Every ounce of him screamed danger.

She narrowed her eyes at him “I’m not letting her hurt you again.”

“That’s up to me not you Emily” Paul sighed tiredly. “I don’t want to fight with you anymore. Fine you don’t want to help me out fine! I just needed a friend Emily that’s all. Thanks anyways” Paul said leaving to the door. Emily rolled her eyes. Damn it!

“Wait Paul” she yelled before he could turn the knob. “Fine, I’ll help her. She can stay”

“Really?” Paul asked happily.

“Yes, but I’m not happy about It.” she crossed her arms.

“Thank you! Thank you!” he ran to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek “I knew I could always count on you.”

“Yeah, yeah” she pushed him off of her.

“But I swear Paul if she says anything to me—“

“She won’t I promise” Paul said quickly. He very well knew that Violet wouldn’t say anything to Emily. He was more worried about what Emily would say to Violet. He just hoped they got along until Violet got better.

“I’m going to go get her” Paul said to Emily. He went to the door and opened it but before he exited he turned to Emily. “And Emily?”

“Huh?”

“Be nice to her”

Paul shut the door when he heard Emily’s scoff. He rolled his eyes.

Women.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Here's another chapter.

Let me know what you think ya'? Emily is mean:S

Leave comments for more chapters! They are of course the inspiration to my writing:D

Have a lovely evening!:D

Love,

icanread29 :)