Status: Slowly but surely writing. I promise.

Give Me Time Now You Know I'm Gonna Be That

The Night Was Perfect

Lexi’s POV

“Hey there, strangers,” I said smiling sweetly at James. “Are you guys ready to go?” James was wearing a pair of black jeans and a white button down shirt. He, unlike the other guys, was more dressed up. He also held a bouquet of red roses.

James stuttered, “Wo-o-w. Yo-u-u l-o-ok ama-aaz-ing.” He cleared his throat, a blush creeping on his face.

Logan hit him in the chest. “Real smooth dude.” The rest of them laughed. The girls and the other guys headed towards cars.

“We’ll take Belle’s car,” Melanie said, smirking. “Lex, you find a vase for that bouquet. We’ll meet you at the amusement park. Meet at the fun house?” I nodded. My eyes widened, realizing that they were ditching James and I already. James must have saw it too because he was about to protest.

Carlos, however, cut him off by saying, “Yes, Melanie is right. We’ll see you there. Okay. BYE!” And they bolted for the car. I was surprised the girls were able to run with their outfits, but I saw it with my own eyes.

I cleared my throat, tearing my eyes away from my so called friends. “Well, um. Come in, James. I’ll find a vase for these beautiful flowers. Thanks.” He followed me inside the house. While I went to find a vase, he looked our collection of pictures in our foyer.

I put the flowers on the island in our kitchen and walked back to James. “Okay, I left them on the island. Thanks again for them. They really are beautiful.”

“No problem,” he squeaked out. I giggled at his nervousness, despite the fact that I was way nervous too.

“James,” I laughed. “I am just one girl. C’mon. You’re the suave, cool James Maslow. Stop being so nervous.” I bumped into him as we left the house. I locked the door, and we walked to his black Viper.

I glazed at it with great appreciation. “Nice car.” He nodded, smiling. James opened the car door for me. “Thank you, kind gentleman.” I winked at him.

He got into the car. James cleared his throat one more time. “So do you want to listen to some music?” I nodded my head. He turned the radio on, and ironically enough, it was BTR’s song Boyfriend again.

I started laughing as James’ face got even redder than before. “Do you know that this was playing when we drove home?” James tilted his head in amusement. “It is my favorite song, you know?”

“Oh really now?” James said, loosening up. “Why’s that?”

I smiled, giggling, “Well the band is really hot you know. My favorite, I gotta say is……Carlos. Definitely. He is sooooo funny. I mean the others just don’t compare.”

James’ smile fell. I tried so hard not to laugh because obviously he was my favorite. “But……I mean I do think that one of the other boys is a little bit more special.” He gave me a look of confusion. “I mean, James, I gotta say is my favorite. He is pretty hard to not fall for.” He let out a content sigh. “Are you going to talk?”

“Sorry, sorry,” James said, trying to focus on the road, not the gorgeous girl sitting in the passenger seat. “I just was surprise is all. I mean usually I am the favorite.” He smirked.

“Well hey, there buddy. Don’t get a big head, James,” I laughed, shaking my head. “Maybe I’ll make a move on Carlos if you’re a bad date.”

He laughed. “Don’t worry. I can’t be that atrocious of a date. I hope you have fun though.” He pulled into the parking lot of the amusement park. We walked through the gates after James paid for my ticket.

“Do you want to find our ridiculous friends? I feel like they’re going to be hiding from us though. Or we can ditch them and go on some rides?” James winked at me as I giggled.

“Okay, hot shot,” I said. “Let’s go on that one!” I pointed to the biggest rollercoaster. James gave me a strange look. “Hey, just because I am in a skirt doesn’t mean I can’t go on big rollercoasters. Unless you’re scared?” I started walking towards the rollercoaster, swaying my hips to tempt James to follow. He did even more than that. He ran up next to me, intertwining his fingers with mine.

“Let’s go, my lady,” he said, smiling. “I wouldn’t want you to get lost on our first date.” I laughed, letting him hold my hand. It wasn’t like I didn’t like it or anything. I more like loved it.

“So…” I said as we stood in line. “What time are we going to dinner? Because I definitely, definitely want to go on the Ferris wheel!” James shook his head at my request, but I shook his arm. “C’mon. Seriously. I wanna. If we just go on this ride and the Ferris wheel, I’ll be set for tonight.”

James shook his head, nodding yes. “Okay, that works. My dinner reservation is for the Pier House at 8:30. We can go on this and maybe we’ll hit the games then Ferris wheel? Huh? What do you think?” I nodded yes. We talked about our lives, our friends who were MIA, and basically everything.

Once we got to the ride, I started to get scared. “Okay, maybe we shouldn’t go on this.” I started backing away from the ride.

“Oh no, you don’t,” he said, pulling me into the seat. “We didn’t stand for 45 minutes to not go on this ride. C’mon.” I reluctantly sat down and put the safety restraints on. “Here.” He grabbed my hand. “I won’t let go the whole time. Don’t be scared.” I nodded my head, not trusting my voice.

It was once hell of a ride. It had lots of twists and turns. Upside and loop-de-loops. I screamed like a crazy little girl, but James laughed at my silliness. Once we got off, I said, “Pssh, that wasn’t that bad.” He rolled his eyes, laughing. But he never let go of my hand.

“Let’s go to the game booths!” I said. “Wait, game booths? What the heck are they called?” I shook my head at my stupidity. But James looked confused as well.

“I have NO idea,” he stated, as we both burst into laughter. We walked to one booth. It was the one where you had to use the water guns and shoot the targets.

“Go James,” I said, pushing him towards the decent crowd at the booth.

He laughed, giving the man a five dollar bill. He got up to the gun.

“Okay, the first one to get to the top gets a prize, okay?” the man said. “Ready, begin!” They all began to focus greatly on hitting the target.

Ding, ding, ding!

“YES!” the little kid on the far right exclaimed. “I won!” I burst out in laughter because I could heard James muttering and cursing to himself.

“Wow, James,” I said smirking. “You lost to a ten year old. How do you feel about that?” I just kept laughing. He blushed.

“Okay, I’m doing this again,” he grumbled. He gave another five dollar bill to the man.

But this time, James actually won. He jumped out of his seat. “Yes! WOOHOO!” I started laughing again at his childishness.

“You’re cute when you’re happy,” I said, winking at him.

He smiled. “Well, you’re cute all the time. Hey you, pick a prize.” He came over pulled me close, giving me a hug from behind.

I put my hands over his arms. “Um, I want the big teddy bear!” The man handed me the bear. ‘I shall name him Sir Lancerlot!”

James laughed. “Whatever floats your boat, Lex.” We walked over to the Ferris wheel. The line was very short, so we got on in five minutes.

We just kept talking and talking. I cuddled into his side as we went up into the atmosphere. The moon was full, and everything just seemed amazingly wonderful.

“I can’t believe this is happening to me,” I said quietly to myself as I looked at the moon.

But James heard me and said, “I can’t believe this is either. I met you in the shortest amount of time, and I feel as if I’ve known you forever.” He smiled at me.

“I know what you mean,” I said. “I don’t want this night to end. Don’t forget me when you move on to all the girls that want you, okay?” I laughed, but I was secretly hoping that I could keep him forever.

“Other girls don’t make me feel like you do,” James said quietly. He blushed. “You make me nervous. For once, I am not the suave one. I have to keep up with you. I just like how you just throw me off, and I have to figure you out. I really like you, Lex. I don’t think I’m going to forget you just yet.”

I smiled, snuggling further into his shoulder. The night was perfect, and it wasn’t even over yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
1,522 words. Paige you better be happy d: The dinner part will come after ! Hope you like it. <3
Comment?

Love,
Caramelllllllllllllleeeeeeeeee <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333