Status: Slowly but surely writing. I promise.

Give Me Time Now You Know I'm Gonna Be That

"Your secret is safe with me."

Maggie’s POV

At the swings

“I wonder how that is going to work out,” I said, watching my friend walk away with their hungry bellies. “Belle will kill herself if she is stuck with Logan.” I looked into beautiful green eyes of the guy standing next to me.

Kendall laughed. “They’re bound to agree on something…one time.” We both nodded our heads and stood in line in a comfortable silence.

“What do I say?” Kendall thought. “This girl has the prettiest smile. She is such a sweetheart, and I just met her today.”

I sensed Kendall secretly thinking to himself, so I said, “So do you guys live in L.A? Or do you all live in different places?” I was naturally curious.

He smiled. “Actually, after we all got signed to BTR, we decided to move into this one big pad. It is one big mess. Especially after today. I swear we are like girls. Clothes were flying EVERYWHERE. James was freaking out, and we were all trying to be presentable for four pretty ladies.” He winked at me. “But yeah. We live in L.A. Down Emerson Street.”

“That’s pretty cool,” I said as we progressed in the line. “Living in a pent house with three other girls seems like it is ridiculous, but the girls are awesome. I wouldn’t imagine life without them. We are all just starting college, and having a support group like them is awesome. But I don’t know…”

Kendall’s face was a mixture of confusion and sympathy. “What do you mean “I don’t know”? What’s wrong?” He seemed really genuine in his questions.

I sighed. “It’s nothing. I just feel like I’m the forgotten one, ya know? I’m just Plain Jane. Belle has the fiery personality, and it goes along with her unforgettable RED hair. Melanie is the “exotic” one. I mean she’s Asian, but we’re all white,” I laughed. “And Lexi? She always gets the guy she wants. Look she got James. And she looks like Selena Gomez! C’mon now. I just got normal. Brown hair. Normal hair. Blue eyes. I got Girl-Next-Door-itis like Tay Swift.” I sighed.

“Hey now,” Kendall said, pulling me into a hug. “I think you’re pretty amazing for knowing you for less than 24 hours. C’mon. Show that pretty smile of yours. I’m sure you have an amazing talent somewhere. We just need to find it.”

I weakly smiled, but it didn’t quite reach my eyes. “Thanks, Kendall. You’re a really good friend.” His body tensed up but relaxed in a second.

He let me go and said, “Uh yeah. No problemo. So just cheer up. We’re going on the swings now!” I didn’t realize that we were already at the beginning of the line.

“Step up here, ma’am,” the guy said, helping me into a seat. Kendall took a seat next to me.

I sat down and strapped in. “You ready?”

“Hell yeah!” he screamed as we started to go up. It was such a fun ride. Round and round, we went. We both screamed and wooped and hollered. Kendall and I were the loudest and most obnoxious ones.

When we got off, we high fived. “I forget how fun that was!” he said. His face was so full of pure happiness and childish joy.

I laughed. “I know right?” I started to dance in front of the ride. “C’mon Kendall, dance with me.” So we broke out in outright silly dancing in front of everyone.

“Good thing I’m wearing a hat and sunglasses or people would know who I was,” Kendall thought to himself as he danced with me. “Dang, this girl is so much fun. She’s so real. Pssh, she thinks she is normal. I think she is special.”

Kendall abruptly stopped dancing. I stopped and pouted. “Why did you stop, poop face?” I giggled, but his face was all serious. He pulled me in so I was chest to chest with him. Then, Kendall did something I didn’t think would happen in a million years. He leaned in and ever so softly, he kissed me. I closed my eyes for a second and enjoyed the kiss.

Realizing what I had done though, I jerked away from Kendall. “I just…” I stammered, touching my lips. “I can’t have a relationship right now. I just can’t. I like you Kendall…but I just can’t. I can’t.” I ran off in the direction of the food. I ran as fast I could in high heels.

Kendall stood there, dumbfounded. “Wait! Maggie wait! Come back!” He ran after me, but I just kept running like a maniac.

“Oh my god. Kendall kissed me. On the lips,” I thought, freaking out. “Oh my god, I’m going to be sick.” I ran to a trash can, and I threw up. I felt dizzy, and I fell backwards. Surprisingly, Kendall was there to catch me.

Kendall’s face was red and puffy. “Mags, what is wrong? I’m sorry I kissed you. I just couldn’t help myself…but why did you run?” He seemed really upset, but he tried to hold me up.

“No, no, no…” I said, falling to my knees. “It isn’t you. Oh god, it isn’t you. It’s just…Jerry.” My face paled at the thought of him.

Kendall’s face fell. “Oh, I didn’t know you had a boyfriend. You never mentioned it, and I thought you were into me too. I’m sorry…”

He started to walk away. But I weakly said, “No Kendall. It isn’t you. You are wonderful. Jerry was my EX boyfriend. He, he…he was so obsessive and clingy and I tried to break up with him.” I shivered.

Kendall knelt down and rubbed my back. “What are you saying, Maggie? What happened?” Now, he seemed really concerned as my face was as white as a sheet.

I continued. “He was a really bad boyfriend actually. He never acted like we were dating. I guess I only liked him because he was cute in my mind. He couldn’t even kiss.” I tried to laugh, but it came out like an awkward cough. “But then, when I tried to break up with him, he got angry and said he would never leave me alone. He used to call and pass by the house. I had to get a restraining order against him. He scared me…but now, every guy I’ve ever liked seems to stop calling after the second or third date. I think he watches me still. That’s why I ran. Kendall, he might hurt you or approach you, and I would feel terrible if anything happened to you…” I closed my eyes as my head began to pound.

“Hey, hey,” Kendall said, putting his arm around me to steady me. “I’m not scared of some crazy ex you have. I kissed you because I like you, Maggie. I think you’re one of the coolest girls I’ve ever met. But you know what? That kiss was a little unorthodox. I think we need time to be friends and get to know each other before we become more than friends. And if “Jerry” ever comes up to me or to you, I’ll deal with him, okay? I don’t want you to be afraid of him. I’ll protect you.”

I looked up into his green eyes, looking for a catch. But there was none. “Thank you,” I said quietly. “I just…I never told anyone. Not even the girls. They always called him “Crazy Jer.” I couldn’t tell them that they were right. I just stopped trying to go out on dates. Please don’t tell them. They’ll get all protective, and I don’t want to be pitied.”

Kendall helped me up and smiled. “You have my word. Don’t worry. Your secret is safe with me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Intenseness. Hey Paige I updated. Eventually, we'll get back to Lexi and James. I think Belle needs a chapter. But yep, no one really reads this. But feedback? Thanks :D