Too Young for This

Two.

“How did we talked into this?” Jonathan asked me as we walked through Wal-Mart. Catt had somehow talked us into going Christmas shopping while she took Haylen, Emily, and Braden with her. I adjusted the small baby in my arms as I sighed.

“I don’t know. But we did.” I glanced down to see that now 3 month old Logan had fallen asleep. I laid him in his carrier and Jonathan turned to look at me.

“He eats a lot.” He said, smiling.

“Because he was so early. It’s a good thing; he still has a long way to go. So does his mother. It’s hard, Jonathan.” I said. While it was true that Logan was doing amazing, his mother wasn’t doing very good. It killed me to take the kids to see her. She was losing a lot of weight and it was scary. It’s even harder when I put the kids to bed every night. Braden always asks me when Mommy was going to wake up. I hardly ate anything anymore. And the guys and girls were getting worried.

“Hey remember, we have the show tonight” he reminded me and I nodded.

“Catt’s going to watch the kids, right?” I said. He nodded and we continued getting things off of Catt’s lists.

“Hey Jonathan?” I said, trying not to laugh at him.

“Yeah?” he said.

“How’s the whole trying for another one going?” I asked. He stopped.

“It’s going. Of course, we have to use code-words around Haylen but still” he said. I chuckled, knowing how Haylen was and seeing his side of this. My cellphone started ringing in my back pocket. I sighed, glancing down at the screen and seeing that it was Catt.

“Hello?” I said.

“Kyle, you need to get to the hospital.” She said.

“What, what’s going on?” I said.

“Kyle, it’s Braden. I can’t explain it now.” She said. I started freaking out a bit.

“Okay. I’m on my way” I said. Jonathan looked at me weird.

“We have to get to the hospital right now, it’s Braden.” I said. He grabbed the baby carrier, and we were out the door and in the car. Catt was waiting in front of the hospital.

“Where’s Emily and Haylen?” I asked as I got Logan out of the car.

“Jenni had a doctor’s appointment this morning. She’s with them.” She said.

“What’s going on?” I finally asked.

“Remember last month when Braden fell at me and Jonathans house.” She said. “We were eating lunch and says “Aunt Catt, my side hurts” so I took him in the bathroom and Kyle, it was horrible. He still has dark bruises, and he didn’t even fall that hard.”

“What do they thinks wrong with him?” I said.

“They took a blood sample. But it’s either anemia or, and I know you don’t want to hear this because you’re already so stressed out, but the other option is A.L.L” she said.

“Leukemia?” I said. She nodded. I sighed.

“Can I see him.” I said. She nodded and led me into my sons room. I smiled seeing him looking happy, but he looked like he was in pain.

“Hey buddy. How you feeling?” I said. He looked up and smiled at me.

“I hurt, Daddy! I don’t like it here.” He said.

“I know, but they’re going to make you feel better, okay?” I said. He nodded and there was a knock on the door.

“Are you Mr. Burns? Braden’s dad.” The doctor said.

“Yeah.” I said.

“I think we better talk out in the hallway.” He said. I nodded and followed him out into the hall.

“Mr. Burns, you’re lucky your son got here when he did. Any longer and we might not have been able to start the treatment.” He said.

“What’s wrong with him?” I asked.

“Mr. Burns, I know you probably don’t want to hear this. But, your son has acute lymphoblastic leukemia. We caught it in time. He’s going to be fine, I assure you” he said.

“Thank you.” I said. He patted my shoulder before walking down the hallway. I slid to the floor and put my head in my hands.

“Oh God, why must you do this to me.”.
♠ ♠ ♠
Catt - Don't kill me, please. I finally updated and you can get off my nuts :D

Anyway, it's been a long time. Comments = More updates.

Toodles. *waits for angry comments and texts from Catt*