Status: A work in progress.

The battle of life

Chapter 2 Love

I sat under a tree in a lush green forest, It was calm and beautiful and so full of light. My friends departed for a while and I was left alone, but Darkness was still with me.

He loved to speak to me when I was alone, where no one else would hear him except me. His words were tempting but I was able to dismiss them.

I saw someone approaching in the distance, I was puzzled because I wasn't expecting anyone and I wasn't sure how many people knew these parts of the woods.

My heart started to beat a little faster as he approached, it was strange at first, I felt something growing deep in my heart and it seemed to grow stronger.

I quickly stood up realizing who this person was, I looked around and wondered if I could run but there would be no point my heart would always tell him where I was. Love was approaching me.

“Please don't.” I said as he neared me.

“But I already have. You have felt it” He said.

I looked at him, concluding he could pass for either male or female in appearance.

Love wore a purplish pink attire that seemed to change colors between purple, pink, blue, and I noticed a hint of gray. A hood covered his head and you could not make out a face except for a few certain details. One eye was as Blue as an ocean while the other was strangely light pink.

“You have touched me with love, toward another but why don't you touch them toward me?” I asked wondering why this feeling was growing deep inside me.

“Strange you think that the worse type of love is the kind where another does not love you back, I find it sadder that I send two people together on love and they cant seem to realize that they both love each other very much but they cannot discuss and work out there problems and so they part.”

“Don't do this to me.” I nearly begged. “Why do you do this to people?”

“Don't you see?” Love said. “Of course you don't. I am connected to people through the heart, and I know what there heart needs.”

“So why do you break them?” I asked. “Why do you put people through unneeded pain? Why not always bring two hearts together?”

Love seemed to shake his head at me. “Because it is what there heart needs, I even allow some to come together for a while and then I decide that it is time for them to depart. You don't understand it yet but you will.”

“You cant do this to me!” I shouted.

Love turned and started walking away. “Hold that feeling close, and don't forget to keep that person close as well. You'll thank me someday.” With that he turned and left then he paused and said “Oh I'll try to leave you with something to ponder on. You have a herd of sheep inside a fence, one of them knows how to escape beyond the fence, but there are dangers and wolves beyond. Luckily you are able to catch and bring this sheep back to the herd, you try and tell your sheep not to do it again and warn him of the dangers that are out there but he doesn't see any problem. So after a second time of rescuing your sheep you break its leg, yes it hurts and they don't seem to understand why you did this but as the wound heals he understands that you are just trying to keep him safe from the many dangers that lay out there.”

“What are you trying to keep me and others safe from?” I asked.

“Why yourselves of course.” Love replied and then started walking away.

I starred off clueless at what just happened. I sat back down and I closed my eyes, wondering if there was a way to fight this feeling that was building deep inside my chest.

Struggling to tell myself that this love will never happen I try to dismiss it but my mind betrays me, the image of her fills my head and I find a smile touch my face.

I open my eyes and stare ahead of me over the horizon, Love is still walking away, seemingly slower than when he approached, I somehow felt that there was a smile about him knowing that this feeling will probably consume me.

My mind returns to her, my heart starts pounding faster and with a heavy sigh I continue to struggle and hold this feeling down.

I ponder and wonder how I am going to deal with this feeling if it consumes me when I know that this love is going to build and build and not go anywhere.

I shake my head and look up at the sky, two lovebirds flew on a branch on the tree I was laying under. I watched them for a moment and wondered if Love truly touched them as he does other people. I smiled thinking “Do they not have hearts as well?”

They flew away together and I sat up, I noticed a rose in the distance.

Puzzled I got up and went to it. I looked around and studied my surroundings once again and realized that this was not the forest where I had first adventured.

I plucked the rose from the ground and sat next to the tree trying to keep calm. I knew what I had to do. I closed my eyes and let the feeling inside my heart grow and grow until it washed over me like a calm wave.

When I opened my eyes again I found myself in the same spot but suddenly I realized that I never left the woods where Love had first found me.

Looking around I smiled to myself, the only reason why I thought I was in a different place is because before I sat down and tried to not let love consume me, now that it has I realized how much love the Light is so full of.