Status: Finished

An Apocalypse Love Story

Healed

I ran through the front door locking it on my way out. There was chaos at the gate. Either the zombies managed to get through the gate, or there was more survivors. I was hoping it was the last one.
I saw Whatsername aiming a automatic at the gate on the roof of the town hall.
"Help! Mikes been shot!" I screamed.
"Get Extraordinary Girl! She'll know what to do!" Whatsername cried from the roof.
"Where is she?" I yelled.
"The school house," Whatsername yelled over the gun shots.
I ran for my life up to the school house. It was on a hill near Amber and Billie's house and it was pretty steep.
"Help! Mikes been shot!" I screeched.
Extraordinary Girl flung the door open and was down the hill in seconds.
"Where is he?" she asked.
"Follow me,"
We ran as fast as our legs would carry us back to my little house.
I banged on the door, remembering that I locked the door. God I'm so stupid, Mike can't get up to open the door!
"Shit, I locked the door on my way out," I said.
"Don't worry," she said as she picked up a rock and smashed the remainder of our broken window. She climbed in and I scrambled after her.
"I tried as best as I could to clean it out," I said starting to tear up again.
"You did your best, now I need rubbing alcohol, tweezers,and some cotton balls," she said as she peeled back the bandanna i wrapped around Mike's calf.
I ran to the bathroom and took everything we had in the cabinets out and flung them on the kitchen table.
Extraordinary Girl wasted no time getting the bullet out. I had to soak up the blood with cotton balls as she picked the bullet out with tweezers.
A half hour later, Mike was bandaged, and was awake sitting up in our bed.Extraordinary Girl stayed with us for a little while but had to leave to check on everyone else.
"Water," Mike whispered.
I handed him a glass of water.
"Where are the kids?" he asked.
"Oh my god, the kids!" I said as I scrambled to the closet.
Caleb and Lucy were siting on the floor, tears sliding down their cheeks.
"I'm so sorry," I said as I hugged them tightly.
I kept muttering 'I'm sorry, so, so sorry' and hugging them until Caleb spoke up.
"Where's daddy,"
I took them to see Mike and he watched them for a few minuets so I could find Whatsername and tell her Lucy was alright.
Whatsername was standing out side of the town hall this time, and with new people. 10 of them.
"Whatsername! oh thank god! Lucy's alright, she was at my house playing with Caleb when we heard the gun shots,"
"Thank you for protecting her, if I can do anything, please let me know, really," she said with a sigh of relief.
"Is everyone else okay?" I asked.
She nodded and motioned to the 10 new people next to her, "These are the survivors that came through the gate,"
I said hello and said my goodbyes to Whatsername. Then I went to check on Amber and Sarah.