Arrangements

We can be friends

At the venue, Gerard threw up and got some water. I stayed in the dressing room, finishing up Adam's picture. All I had to do was sign it and date it; as I did so, the door opened, and Ray and Gerard walked in.

"Hey Storm," Ray smiled at me, "What're you working on now?"

I finished my signature and showed him, "Uh, Adam Lazzara asked me to make him one."

"That's awesome," Ray took it in his hands, "it's really cool."

"Thanks."

"You meeting up with him later?"

I shrugged, "I dunno--" I was cut off by my phone ringing, "Sorry."

Ray nodded and handed me back the picture. I looked at my phone and saw it was Adam, inside my stomach fluttered, but then I saw Gerard, who had his iPod blaring.

"Hello."

"Stormy?" 

I bit my lip, "Yes, this is she."

"Hey, uh, this is Adam. Are you busy? I just finished with soundcheck and wanted to know if you wanted to get a drink."

I smiled to myself, "Yeah, sure. I finished your picture, too..."

"Great! Where are you now? I could meet you."

"I'm in MCR's dressing room."

He chuckled, "I'm right outside." The door opened and Adam poked his head in, we both hung up our phones, "Hey."

"Hi." I was acting so shy.

He waved to Gerard and Ray, who both look engrossed in their reading and music, "So, it's finished?"

I nodded, handing it to him, "Yep."

He looked it over, "Wow, this is fucking great." He looked up at me, "Are you an artist?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I graduated art school last year."

"You are amazing," he smiled at me, "I'm gonna take this to our dressing room and I'll come back, cool? Then we can get a drink."

I smiled, "Yeah, sure."

"I'll be a minute." Adam waved and quickly jogged out the room.

I stopped myself from jumping for joy because Gerard was there. When his eyes cut over to me, I suddenly remembered that I was making him look bad...

"Shit," I murmured under my breath.

No matter how much I wanted Adam, I couldn't do that to Gerard. He didn't throw girls in my face, so why was I so quick to go get a drink with Adam? I paced a bit before Adam came back in.

"Ready?"

I sighed, "Yeah."

I didn't look to Gerard as we left. I knew I had to tell Adam the truth before we did anything else. 

At the bar, Adam studied me, "So, where are you from?"

"Jersey." I answered.

"I'm from Alabama," he chuckled and took a swig of his beer, "moved to Long Island for the band."

"How is it? My sister's in a band, I just never really asked what it's like to be in a band." I took a sip of my coke; I don't like to drink unless I absolutely want to.

"It's pretty cool. I get to travel and meet new people," he paused and smiled at me, "What brings you on tour with MCR?"

I grimaced slightly, "Oh...well, I guess I should tell you the truth before we go any further..."

Adam raised his brow, "Gerard isn't your boyfriend, is he?"

I sighed, "No...no." I tried to think of the right words, "It's a long story, but Gerard and I are not romantically involved."

He still looked confused, "What's going on then?"

"Gerard and I are engaged to be married." I told him slowly. I looked away, afraid to see his reaction.

"Whoa." He mumbled, I could hear him take a long drink, "Really?"

"Yeah...it's for my dad," my voice was still slow, a snail's pace, "it's a really long and confusing story. The short version is that he's dying and Gerard and I are suppose to be married next month."

"You guys never dated?"

I looked at him, "Never. We hadn't seen each other in almost 10 years before two weeks ago."

"Wow," he scratched his head, "this is confusing."

"I'm sorry. I had to tell you, I didn't want you to--"

He stopped me, "It's alright Stormy. I kinda knew you and he had something, I mean, have you seen the way he looks at you?" I shook my head, "It's like someone playing with his toy or somethin'. He gets jealous."

I hung my head, "I'm making him look bad."

"He said that?"

"Not to my face..."

"How are you making him look bad? By talking to me?"

"Yeah."

"Well, shit, no one knows that you guys are getting married. Are they?"

I shrugged, "Possibly, but I doubt it."

"Your secrets safe with me. We can still be friends, though, right?"

I bit my lip, "Gerard is pretty mean..."

"Then we'll have to be extra careful." He leaned closer to me, "I think you're a cool girl, Stormy."

I smiled, "I think you're pretty awesome yourself," I let out a little giggle.

"Then we should be able to be friends...besides, you guys aren't married yet."

I chuckled, "Yeah, you're right."

"Now. Let's continue our small mission of being friends, good?"

"Yep."

-

After my drink with Adam, I went back to the dressing rooms. Gerard was warming up, singing with his iPod blaring, and everyone else was dressing. I sat on the small chair in the corner, watching them.

"Hey," Mikey sat beside me, "did you see Adam?"

I nodded, "Yeah, and I told him about my and Gerard's engagement."

"What'd he say?"

"He's actually fine with it...I mean, we are just friends."

Mikey gave me this sad look, "I know that you and my brother aren't together," he leaned in and whispered to me, "but I believe you should be."

I looked at him, trying to read him, "Why?"

"Because you can be good for him," he continued to speak in a hush tone, "you can straighten him out. Help him find love again."

I shook my head, "There's barbwire and alcohol around his heart," I stated bluntly.

"I know, but Grandma said--"

"You're on!" Mikey was cut off by Worm coming in.

He gave me a sad look, "C'mon Storm." I took my hand and helped me up.

I followed behind them all, each with their instruments, strumming nothing, until they got towards the stage and plugged in. The lights dimmed, crowd roared, Frank started on the stage, then Bob, Ray, and Mikey. Gerard was last, he looked over at me as I took a seat on an unused monitor.

"Break a leg, Gee." I smiled at him.

In the first time, I saw a genuine smile illuminate Gerard's face, "Thanks."

I nodded and watched him bounce onto the stage; he began to scream obscenities as they got into their first song.

-

When their set was over, the crowd went crazy, and the guys exited the stage. I smiled at each of them as they grabbed their towels and cleaned themselves off. I followed behind, heading to the dressing room with them.

"I feel fucking great," Gerard spoke up, "like I someone shot me full of adrenaline."

"This show was fun." Frankie peeled his sweaty dress shirt from his body, "How'd you like it, Storm?"

"As always, do I really need to compliment you guys?" the smile was still on my face.

"A little bit," Bob gave me a salacious look.

I rolled my eyes, "Keep dreamin', Bobby."

He laughed, "One of these days, it's gonna be me who turns you down."

"As I said before, keep dreamin'."

As everyone finished up, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I grinned, it was a message from Adam: "Hope 2 see u"

"Hey, anyone hungry?" Frank asked, "I'm starved."

"Hell yes," Ray said, "Let's go."

"You comin' Stormy?" Mikey asked as they began to leave.

"Uh, no. I'm gonna watch Taking Back Sunday." I gave him a sheepish smile.

He nodded, "Okay...just call us when it's over, I can--"

"Actually, I'm gonna stay with her," Gerard reentered the room, "Kinda wanna see the show too."

I felt my cheeks warm, and I had a small feeling that something was gonna happen. But, Gerard didn't look pissed or seem upset, "You want to?" I asked softly.

"Yeah."

Mikey looked at us, I could see hope in his eyes, "Okay, cool. Meet us by the buses later then."

He gave me a quick hug and one to his brother as well and took off. Gerard and I were the only ones left in the dressing room. I didn't know if he was planning to say anything or cuss me out.

"Stormy...I know you like Adam--"

I stopped him, "I do. But, I told him about us...he promised not to step on your toes. We are strictly friends, nothing more." I surprised myself at how fast I spoke.

Gerard's eyebrows flew up, "You did?"

I felt my face flush, "Was I not suppose to? Did I mess up?" Again, I spoke a mile a minute.

He shook his head, "Nah, no...it's cool. I was just gonna say...that I'm fine with you and Adam."

I let out a small breath, "We're friends." I stressed again.

He nodded, "Right." This is when Gerard the Ultra Mega Dick decided to show, "Just so you know, I have friends too."

I raises my brow, "Excuse me?" I was confused.

"You have your friends and I have mine."

"Gerard, I'm confused."

He gave a hollow chuckle, "You can go on and fuck Adam." He gave a lame shrug, "That's fine by me, just as long as you don't go ape shit on me when I fuck one of lady friends."

My stomach sank. He truly believed that I was out to have sex with these guys on tour. I just stared at him. I thought maybe we were getting somewhere in this weird relationship of ours.

"Yeah. That's fine." I lied easily, "Why should it bother me?"

He smiled, "Cool. I made the excuse to stay so I can go hook up this chick..." he pulled out his phone, "I'll call when I get back. Have fun."

I watched him leave the room, and I felt utterly alone. I felt like I had been used and then slapped in the face. Tears actually started to form, and it killed me to know it was because of Gerard. I held my breath a few moments before I wiped my eyes and left the dressing room.

I sat side stage and Adam saw me before he went on. He gave me a big smile and a quick hug before he ran on stage. I could barely keep focus and enjoy myself because Gerard was on my mind. The bastard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gee is a jerk off.
The bastard lol