Status: Taking A Break

It Could Happen To Anyone

Truelove

Jill

“Okay name please.” The lobby manager asks.

“Staal.” Eric says.

“Alright here’s you key.” She says handing him a key card.

“Wards.” Cam says next with the same routine.

Finally it’s our turn. “Skinners.” Jeff says smiling but I flinch. He looks at me taken aback. I smile, trying to act like he just imagined me flinching at the thought of us being married but he wouldn’t stop frowning.

“We’re going to go out to dinner tonight so let’s get settled in and meet back at the lobby at 6:45.” Cody says picking up Mason’s carrier. The elevator ride was short, too short. I wasn’t ready to explain things to Jeff yet. Room 423, Staals leave, 424 Wards are gone. Soon enough Jeff and I are all alone in room 425.

At first I thought maybe he didn’t notice and I could get away with not saying anything but I knew better. “I’m sorry Jeff it’s not that I-”

He quickly leaned in and started to kiss me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I knew that I wouldn’t be able to pull away, even if I wanted to.

As he pulled away we were still connected from the hips down. He face was inches from mine. “Why?” He asked.

I felt a tear fall down my cheek. “Because we’re19 Jeff!”

“But Jill,” He whispers, “I love you.”

Another tear slides down my cheek, “I love you too. Love isn’t that rare though.”

“Truelove is.”

“I know, but Jeff, is this true love?”

“Yes.” Jeff says without hesitating.

I smile even though my vision is still blurry from the tears. “I truly love you Jeff.”

“Jillian Lee. I love you with my whole heart, and I do hope that someday I will be lucky enough to marry you.”

“Jeff,” I say, “I’ve known you a week.”

“Love takes awhile, truelove is immediate.” He answers.
I smile and kiss him again. “Jeff someday, when I have a job and a house, and we know that it’s not just a summer romance, I want to marry you.”

He smiles and gently grabs the back of my head slowly pushing me towards him. I close my eyes and wait but his lips never meet mine. “We should get ready.” He says his face so close that I can feel his warm, cinnamon breath.

I nod and run into the bathroom so I can go and take a shower. It felt good after the long car ride. As I got out and dried off I realized that my clothes were still in my duffle bag, outside of the bathroom. I quickly grab a towel, wrap it around myself and open the door.

“Hey Jeff can you get my duffel bag?” I ask.

“Sure.” Jeff answers walking around the corner wearing nice jeans but no shirt. ‘I’m so shallow’ I told myself; I just couldn’t stop staring at his abs. Thankfully he didn’t notice and I quickly said thanks and ran back into the bathroom.

I started to giggle. “He is way to good for me.” I whisper as I slide on my white skirt.
“I mean did you see them?” I seriously needed to stop talking to myself. I quickly put on my pink shirt and tuck it into my skirt. I braid my wet hair down the side and slide on my black heels. Then I step outside. The room is really cold compared to the humid bathroom.

“Don’t you look nice?” Jeff jokes walking up to me.

“Thank you.” I answer grabbing my small black shoulder bag. “You do too.” He was still wearing those nice dark navy jeans with a simple pale green button up. I swear he looked like he belonged in a Ralph Lauren magazine.

I slide my bag over my head and take his hand, “Shall we?” He asks opening the door for me.

I smile, “Let’s.”

We meet Eric and Tanya in the lobby. They weren’t dressed nicely though. They were still wearing the clothes they were wearing on the way here and their faces were grim. “Hey what’s up?” I ask intertwining my fingers with Jeff’s.

“Parker is still very tired and fell asleep as soon as he laid down on the bed. Nolan and Mason are asleep too. Would you guys mind if we stayed here and just you two went out?”

I smiled, “Only if that’s okay with you.”

Tanya smiles too, “You two have fun. Don’t be out too late, we have a big day tomorrow.”

“Bye!” Jeff says.

“They did that on purpose didn’t they?” I ask as we walk over to the concierge desk.

Jeff laughs, “Probably.”

“Hi how can I help you?” A nice lady asks from behind the desk.

“Hi.” Jeff says giving her his “Jeff Skinner Smile” “We were wondering if you know of any good places to eat.”

“Any preferences?” She asks.

“Something historical.” I cut in.

“We have some taverns in the historical area.” She says handing us a pamphlet with Chowning’s Tavern written on it. “I’m assuming you don’t have a reservation and luckily Chowning’s Tavern doesn’t need one. Also there’s a bus that should leave in a couple minutes that will take you directly there.” She says handing us the bus schedule.

“Thank you.” I say quickly as I fold up the pamphlets and put them in my purse next to my phone and wallet. Then Jeff takes my hand again and we run down the stairs to the bus loading dock just as the bus pulls up.

“Man this place is amazing!” I say as we drive away. We were staying at this hotel right next to Williamsburg and Jamestown. They have charter buses that are going to take us to Bush Gardens tomorrow.

“I know.” Jeff agrees leaning over me and looking out the window.

“I like it here.” I announce, “It’s…” I pause thinking of what to say, “It’s magical.”

Jeff grabs my hand and tries to obliviously rub my ring finger where my wedding ring would be. I smoothly pull away and stand up. “We’re here.” I say as the bus stops.

I walk around Jeff so he grabs my right hand instead of my left. Chowning’s Tavern was small, dimly lit and I loved it. It was pretty busy but luckily a table opened up for us.

There was a musician and a guitar player. Plus there was a magician who Jeff was having a hard time with trying to figure out how he made the fruit appear under the cup.

I was having so much fun. It was midnight by the time we left. “We need to go.” I say as we run to the bus stop. “There’s another bus that’ll take us back to the hotel coming in five minutes.” I say looking at the schedule.

“Well,” Jeff says taking my hand and leading me to the bench, “We’ll just wait.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I have been to Williamsburg and Jamestown. The hotel really does exist.So does the tavern.