Status: Taking A Break

It Could Happen To Anyone

Goodnight

Jeff

“It’s bedtime.” I say as I start to unbutton my shirt.

“I know.” Jill agrees, “I’ve never been this tired.” She walks into the bathroom carrying her pajamas.

Then I quickly slide off my pants since she’s in the other room and slide on some shorts.

I dig around my suitcase until I find my toothbrush and toothpaste. Jill comes out of the bathroom brushing her teeth. “Dental hygiene is important if you wanna kiss me.” She says even though I can barely understand her with her toothbrush in her mouth.

I chuckle and run into the bathroom to brush my own teeth. When I come back out Jill is already in bed. I walk over and lay down beside her. I wrap my arm around her and she rests her head on my shoulder.

“Goodnight Jeff.” She says.

I slide over so I’m behind her. Then I wrap my arm over her chest and pull her towards me. She molds to my body and she presses her cold feet against my calf. Next thing I knew I was asleep.

Jill

I woke up still wrapped in Jeff’s arms and I smiled. He’s so cute when he’s asleep. I delicately slide his arms off me and get up. I run over to my duffel bag and grab some clothes. Then I run into the bathroom to take another shower.

I put my hair up in a wet ponytail and put on a tee-shirt and jean shorts, today we were going to Bush Gardens. I slide my black shoulder bag over my head and leave the hotel room to go downstairs to get breakfast. “Mommy I’m hungry!” I hear Parker yell in room 423. I decided to knock and see if they wanted to go to breakfast with me.

Tanya answered the door out of breath with her blonde hair in curlers.

“Hey are you ready for breakfast?” I ask.

“Sure.” Eric says walking towards me carrying Parker.

“We’re going to Sesame Street.” Parker says smiling.

I laugh, “I know.”

Tanya laughs too, “You guys go ahead I’ll be down in a bit.”

“So you’re a Habs fan?” Eric asks looking at my Montreal Canadiens tee-shirt.

I nod. “Yup, I have been for a couple of years.”

“Why?” he asks as we step into the elevator.

I shrug, “I got to college in Montreal and it’s pretty big in sports.”

“Oh really what college?”

“Mcgill University.”

“Ah.” Eric says nodding. We stand there in an awkward silence. All you can hear is the cheesy elevator music.

“So where’s Jeff?” He asks just making conversation.

“Still sleeping.” I answer, “We had a busy night last night.” I say as I step out of the now open elevator.

I walk over to the giant dinning room, take a plastic plate and wait in the breakfast line. Eric comes up behind me. “So what did you guys do?”

I look at him mockingly, “Do you need some ideas for a romantic date with Tanya?”

He smiles, “Yeah.” No shame, “What did you guys do?”

I shrug, “Just went out for dinner. If you want, Jeff and I could watch Parker if you really were planning to go on a date.”

Eric nods, “Yeah that’d be cool.”

I picked up an apple, some yogurt, a bowl of cereal and a cup of orange juice. I ate fast so I could go back upstairs.

“See you guys soon.” I say getting up and throwing away my plastic plate.