Status: Taking A Break

It Could Happen To Anyone

The Zoo

Jill

“Hey Jeff,” I say as he comes into my house.

“Hey,”

“Hello,” my mom says politely from the kitchen.

“Hi, nice to meet you,” Jeff says walking into the kitchen.

“Hey Mom? Jeff, and I are going to Shea’s house, so see you later,”

“Okay, when will you be home?” my mom answers.

“Um, I don’t know, I’ll call,”

“Okay, and Jeff?” my mom calls as we walk out.

“Yes?” Jeff asks putting his head back in.

“We’re having a big family dinner tonight, would you like to join us?”

I roll my eyes. Okay, so I know most families are, but my family is seriously weird. I don’t want him to meet them. It would ruin everything. I really like Jeff.

“I wouldn’t miss it,” he answers smiling.

“Okay bye mom,” I say pulling Jeff out the front door.

“I’m sorry about her, you don’t have to come,”

Jeff laughs, “No I want to,”

“Okay but caution, this family is really weird,”

He laughs again, “So is mine,”

“Speaking of which,” I say getting into his truck, “When will I meet yours?”

“Well they live in Canada so, I don’t know,”

“Is it hard?” I ask, “I mean, I come home every other month, but you, you probably don’t come home a lot,”

He shrugs, “It was at first but I’ve gotten use to it, they’ll come down sometimes, for a weekend or something, I go up there for Christmas and stuff like that,”

“Can I see your Ipod?”
“Sure, why don’t you pick a song?”

I look through the artists the first one is AC/DC. I laugh, choosing one of the only AC/DC songs I know.

As Back in Black starts to play I see Jeff smile and I can’t help but pretend to play an imaginary guitar. Jeff laughs and since we’re parked in Shea’s driveway he plays an imaginary guitar too. I start laughing as he leans over and kisses me.

“C’mon,” he says.

I nod, “Just a warning, she obsessed with you so, you might be screamed at,”

“Okay, thanks for the warning,”

I was speechless. Shea’s looked amazing. I should’ve seen this coming. Her naturally blonde hair was curled and looks like she just got a new outfit.

“Um hi,” Jeff says, I was relieve to see he was just as uncomfortable as I was.

“It’s so nice to meet you!” She says flipping her blonde hair.

I roll my eyes. I just can’t believe I didn’t see this coming.

“Just a second, Shea” Jeff says smiling and pulling me into the other room.

Before I could say anything he pulled me into a kiss, “I’m sorry about her,”
I whisper.

“It’s okay, she does look nice though,” he says sarcastically.

“Fine be that way,” I say walking away.

“Jill,” he says coming behind me and hugging me.

“Okay let’s go,”

“Sorry,” Jeff says as we come into the other room.

Though Shea looks fine, I can tell she’s jealous, “Oh it’s okay,”

I feel my face turning pink. Jeff takes my hand, “So where are we going?” he asks.

I shrug, “Shea, where do you want to go?”

She was staring at Jeff. Then she looks at me, “What?”

“Where do you want to go?”

“Oh um, I don’t know,”

I gasp, “We should go to the zoo!”

Jeff laughs, “Sure,”

“Yeah let’s do it,” Shea agrees.

The only zoo I knew was Asheville so we went there. It was a long and awkward drive but when we got there I actually had a ton of fun. Even Shea was back to herself taking pictures and being normal.

“Bye Shea,” I say as she gets out of the car.

“Bye,”

“Nice meeting you,” Jeff says as she closes the door.

“I love the zoo, I’m so glad we got to go,” Jeff says pulling out of her driveway.

I laugh, “Yeah, I haven’t been there in forever, What time is it?”

“Five fifteen, why?”

“Because we’re suppose to be at the family dinner by five thirty,”

“Then let’s go!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I couldn't find a place to end it so it kept going. BUT the next chapter is the dinner. Jeff's meeting Jill's family!