Awesomeness Personified

'It's A Metaphor Leah'

“She’s alive! She emerges!” My older brother Frankie gushed dramatically as I walked into the living room, pretending to look amazed.

“Oh how you make me laugh.” I smiled as I flopped down next to him on the sofa.

“So are you feeling better now?” Frankie asked me, stroking my hair (I’d washed my hair straight after the bird fiasco) as I rested my head on him.

“Feeling better actually, I’ve managed to surgically remove myself from my room.” I replied and then sneakily stole the TV remote off his lap and changed it over to Kerrang.

“Good, it was horrible seeing you so miserable.” Frankie said whilst smoothly taking the remote off me and changing it back over to MTV.

I love Frankie, he’s my big brother and one of my best friends rolled into one and I’m not embarrassed to say that. He’s so cool and has always been there for me. He’s 18 now and goes to college but we still hang out and chat. In fact we’ve always been close but especially since our dad walked out on us and our mom… but thinking about will just get me feeling blue again and I don’t need that…

“Hey Jersey, look who’s back.” Frankie said distracting me as our little sister Jersey walked in and sat by me and did a hilarious thing of sliding the remote off Frankie’s lap and switched over to the Disney Channel (which if she had her way we would be watching every minute, of every hour of every day) put the remote under the sofa out of Frankie’s way.
She’s only six and she’s a criminal mastermind….

“Are you OK now Summer?” Jersey asked in her usual cute voice whilst giving Frankie an angelic smile who was pretending, and failing miserably, at looking annoyed.

It’s practically impossible to get Frankie riled (which I wouldn’t do anyway because he’s too nice to annoy). You could run over him with a eighteen wheeler van and he’d say, “Oh no worries, just don’t do it again.” And then he’d still be your friend, bless him.

In fact I love Jersey too. She’s six and is so cute that you can hardly ever get mad at her although her Disney Channel obsession is a tad on the annoying side, I mean how many episodes of Hannah Montana can a girl watch?

“Oh yeah, I know what I was meaning of asking you, why were you screaming upstairs? It was like freakishly loud.” Frankie asked.

“Oh, yeah, an erm bird crapped,” But then I realised we were in the presence of a six year old who copies everything, “I mean did a number two on my head.” I mumbled.
“A bird… excreted shall we say on your head, while you were in your bedroom?”
I nodded.

“OK.” Frankie shrugged as if it was the most normal thing in the world just as our darling mother entered the room.

“Oh hello Summer darling, I didn’t know you were down.” She said coming over and giving me a hug. “I see you’ve had a wash too… great.” My mom smiled. “By the way Leah called, she wants you to call her back.”

“Right-yo.” I said and quickly ran into the hall to get to the phone.
I couldn’t wait to speak to her. Leah, as I’ve said is my best friend (Callum is my best friend who’s a boy). We met in Year 7 and have been best friends ever since.

“Bonjour.” I said down the phone when she answered (for some unknown reason we greet each on the phone in French.)

“Bonjour.” She replied.

“Leah, I’m free from my confines, I’m no longer the damsel in distress. I’m freed from the shackles of my fish!” I garbled down the phone happily.

“What are you talking about? What fish?”

“My fish, you know Jay. Because there are plenty more fish in the sea…. It’s a metaphor Leah.”

“Oh right, so have you come out of your bedroom now?”

“Yep, I’m a free woman. As free as a free thing that’s free at being free.”

“That’s a simile.”

“Well done.”

Silence.
Heavy breathing via Leah’s end.

“Wanna meet up?

“I thought you’d never ask!”

And then I slammed down the phone, grabbed my Converse and left the house for the first time in nine days.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, thanks to all the people who commented the first chapter. Please comment and let me know what you think because it encourgaes me to write more.
The story will be starting properly in the next chapter, so please comment and let me know what you think!
=) x =)