Status: Updates every four days.

We Way? Three Way!

Group Hug

And so I was back. I wasn’t planning on being gone for three weeks, it just kinda happened…Every day I thought about going back, I knew I should, and it didn’t seem like the right time. Forty bucks had gotten me by, and the weather was still warm, so I slept out in the park on the other side of town. The only SAFE part of Belleville…
Apparently I was missed…which, truthfully, I didn’t expect. Frank cried, which made me feel awful. I really, really didn’t mean to hurt anyone, I just needed to get away. Life with an amazing band and two people who are both my sisters AND my best friends…it just didn’t seem real. I guess I needed to remind myself that there are other things out there. Life wasn’t always great for me, and I didn’t want to forget that, because I’m one of the few who were lucky enough to be taken from that and into something so much better.
Ugh, California was hot…luckily we’d only be there four days. Then again, San Francisco’s really, really nice. Like NYC, just cleaner, and prettier, and with nicer people. And in some areas, more marijuana than the crappiest parts of New Jersey. We got there a day before the show, meaning three nights in a hotel. This was a first for all three of us, having lived in an orphanage for so damn long.

“Wait, so they have FOOD downstairs in the morning??” The free breakfast surprised Becca more than anything.

“Yes Becca. With a waffle iron.”  Ah, so Jill had done her research…Thank Dobby, we had two rooms. And since we are the daughters of MY CHEMICAL F*CKING ROMANCE, they were reaaaaaaallllly nice.

“Oh, by the way, what are you small females wearing tomorrow?”

We all looked at each other. “Uhh…jeans and a t-shirt? Why?” I said, hoping this wasn’t going where I thought it was.

“F*ck...” Gerard said.

“Oh god…please don’t tell me we’re supposed to wear-“

“In the car. All three of you. Now.”
Three teenage girls. None of them girly in the slightest. Driven off to buy dresses. We were not pleased.

“Alright, you midgets better shop fast.” Gee said, talking out of the side of his mouth again. It’s freaking unnatural.

“Becca is not a midget…” I heard her whisper under her breath. “Dude, we probably shop faster than you do. Go off and look at feather boas or something. We got this.” She wasn’t excited, but the store was just so…ugh…and we didn’t want to stay there long. “To the average sized young females section!” She shouted, spreading her arms and flying like Buzz Lightyear. As an afterthought, she added, “For NARNIA!!” I followed, skipping, while Jill did an extremely entertaining impression of Gerard’s ‘sassy walk’.

“Natalie, you try this one. And this one. And this one. Aaaaand this one. Kay?” Well, she was definitely keeping things moving.

“Fine. Becca, you try this one, and this one, and that one on the back wall.”

“Jillian wants to try this one! And Becca told her to try these five…” Just then, Gerard and Frank showed up, each with a feather boa around their neck.

“Okay…Jillian thinks this is about to get interesting.”

“Jillian’s probably right.” Gee played with his boa, pink of all colors. “And anyway, I need a dress too. I’m supposed to be in drag at our next concert and the other five dresses I have at home are just so six months ago. Stop snickering, Natalie.”

“Sorry…”

“What is this shit? All your dresses are black?”

“Umm…yes.” Becca spoke for us all. Gerard didn’t speak for a minute, his eyes suspiciously drifting toward an obnoxious floofy dress in a very obnoxious shade of pink that would probably fall under the category of neon. Neon obnoxiousness.

“F*ck yeah! I’ve taught you well. Huggles!”

“Uhh…what?” I said.

“Okay, I guess that was kinda creepy…regular hugs?”

“HUGGING.” Frank jumped in the middle, making it a lovely group hug. We asked a worker if she wanted to join in, but NO, that would be far too UNPROFESSIONAL.

“Alright small females. Dressing rooms.”

“Oh, Jill, all your dresses have those complicated zippers in the back…I can come and help you out if you-”

“FRANK. SIT.” Obediently, he frowned and sank down to a cross-legged position next to Gerard.