Status: Updates every four days.

We Way? Three Way!

It's Not Fair

“Hello?” I heard Lyn-Z say into the phone. The person on the other end was quiet.

“No, I think you’ve got the wrong phone number... Well yes, a girl named Rebecca lives here, but she prefers to be called Becca.” It was at that point I decided some major eavesdropping was in order. If something’s going, I’ve got to know. Becca’s sort of my sister, after all. I picked up the phone.

“You don’t understand. I’m her father.”

“Gerard? Ray? Frank? Mikey?”

“No, Richard.”

“Look, dude, I don’t know who you are, but this is getting really creepy.”

“I’m serious. Rebe-Becca is my daughter. I don’t know who those other guys are, but I’ll even take a paternity test if you want it. I’m that kid’s dad. I can prove it.” I hung up the phone. There’s no way that’s her dad. She was at that orphanage for almost ten years. If he was her real dad, he would’ve come before that happened. If he was her real dad, he would never have left her in the first place.
I heard Lyn-Z announcing the news to Becca when she came home. Gerard was by her side. He can’t believe that guy too... can he? I was locked in my room, refusing to come out until: A, the fake dad came so I could punch him in the face, or B, everyone realized the guy was playing a prank. Parents don’t just come back. Gone once, gone forever. That’s how it’s supposed to work. I ran down to where they were all talking and started shouting.

“Becca, I don’t care if that guy’s the fucking king of England. Don’t believe him, don’t trust him. He can’t be your dad.” I pointed to where the guys were all sitting. “THEY are your dads. Even Bob.” I said.

“Jillian...” Natalie said, pointing out the window to where a guy dressed in jeans and a polo shirt was walking up to our door.

“I’m sorry... he wanted to come over so badly. I didn’t think one little visit would hurt... just to see if he was telling the truth.” Lyn-Z said. Gerard nodded in agreement. I was almost out the door before I was scooped up by Ray and pinned against the wall while Mikey brought some duct tape over and sighed.

“Sorry. It’s for the safety of other people...” Frank said. Natalie answered the door, trying not to cough on the man. I don’t like him one bit.