Status: active

Affinity

to show you what I'm all about

Present.

His eyes were older and he'd gotten taller. I'd changed as well, my once blond hair was now light brown and longer. I wonder if he remember me, if he ever thought about me once. He turned toward me and glanced at me. That was until a short black haired girl came from the direction he was staring. He embraced the small girl and smiled. He picked up his things and walked away with the girl. I stared blankly at my computer screen, which was still starting up.

I walked into my apartment and threw the keys on the table. I walked toward the kitchen trying to find something to eat.

"Joel, there is nothing to eat!" I shouted to my roommate.

Joel and I were still best friends and after what had happened the night that John threw me away, he took me in. He also suggested that we studied in Texas, we both applied to The University of North Texas and got accepted. Now in our senior year of college we bought the apartment we live in now.

" sounds like a personal problem!"

"Fuck you, I'm going to Panera."

I sat down at a table and opened my laptop. I thanked the heaves for paneras free wifi.

"Stella?"
I looked up and was greeted by the one and only Jared Monaco. He had grown as well his hair was also short and he had a beard.

"Jared! Oh my god, you have a beard. "

He laughed softly , "and your hair is brown and longer." he said ruffling my hair

"what are you doing here?"

"Recording." he said smiling widely

"That's great!"

"so why did you disappear?"

"I needed a change of scenery." I said nonchalantly

"well we're throwing a party at a local bar. It would be cool of you'd come."

"At a bar, fancy."

"well here are the directions if you want to come. " he said writing on a napkin and handing it toward me.

"catch you later." he said waving his hand

"so I saw Jared today at Panera."

Joel choked on his water, "Y-y-you what?"

"they're recording apparently, oh and throwing a party tonight...at a bar."

"Oh well that's fancy." Joel said taking a sip from his cup.

"That's what I said, anyways come with me."

He walked closer to me and brought his face to my ear.
"he-who-must-not-be-named will be there. " he whispered

"so that doesn't mean I can't have fun." I said defensively putting my hands on my hips.

"Well excuse me." he said throwing his hands in the air.

"just wait until Jo- I mean he-who-must-not-be-named sees how much of a freak you are." he said thrusting his hips in the air.

"Qualities you don't have, obviously."

"Fuck you,whore."

ΔΔΔ


"Wow, I underestimated this so called bar." Joel said pulling up and parking his car.

There was a fairly large man at the door, situated behind a velvet rope. I linked my arm in Joel's and we walked toward the man.

"Name." The man said pulling the clipboard to his face.

"Stella Turner."

With out a word the man pulled the velvet rope and let us through. The music was loud and a huge crowd of bodies were dancing. A guy walked toward us his jean jacket fit him snug and his scuffed boots clicked ever time he took a step.

"Joel!" He shouted lifting up his beer.

"Hey Garrett!"

My eyes landed on the back of his head. He danced with both of his hands in the air, one had a beer of course. His hips swayed rhythmically with the music. I let out a small laugh and rolled my eyes.

"Earth. To. Stella" Garrett said waving his hand in front of my face frantically.

I snapped out of it and embraced the brown haired boy that was in front of me.

"Live long and prosper" I said making my fingers turn into a v.

He smiled and offered us a drink which we accepted very quickly.

"So what brings you here?" Garrett said trying to make small talk.

"We go to UNT, last year." Joel said taking a sip from his beer.

I glanced to the dance floor again and he continued dancing. He was definitely drunk and he was heading towards me. I took a long sip of my drink and walked toward him, meeting him halfway.

"Hey." He said running his hand through his hair. He chugged down his beer and walked closer.

"Let me guess, you're a fan of our bands?" He said flashing that cocky smile at me.

I shook my head and laughed. He really didn't recognize me, besides the fact he was hammered out of his mind.

"Something like that." I said playing along.

"What's your name?"

"That's not important, see you around."

"I'll always remember a pretty face!" he said waving his empty beer bottle.

"I'm sure you do." I said under my breath

"let's go." I said pulling on Joel's arm.

"Whoa, what happened."

"Now."

"Hey." He said grabbing my shoulders. "Whats wrong?"

I couldn't look him in the eye. I was suppose to be the strong one in this. I was suppose to be the one that didn't care at all, didn't care about John. So why do I feel like shit? I'm not sure I'm still trying to figure that out too.

"Some asshole was being a perv."

Joel wrapped a arm around my shoulder. "It'll be fine, okay?"

I let out a sigh and quickly turned around when someone tapped my shoulder.

"I remember."
♠ ♠ ♠
HELLOOO. sorry if this sucks, give me a break it's slowly progressing trust me :)