Status: active

Affinity

and I know this is the only way of pleasing the crowd

“Kennedy.” I said smirking reminiscing the times he had made fun of me.

“Stella, what the hell are you doing here?”

“Well hello to you too.” I said rolling my eyes and pushing past him.

“Wait, wait.” He said pulling me back and gripping my wrist.

“Kennedy, honestly I do not have time for your shit.”

“I’m sorry, Stella. For absolutely everything you didn’t deserve it.”

My expression changed dramatically and I gave him a warm smile and proceeded to go my way. It started raining harder and the thunder grew louder. I made my way to the door and gripped the knob between my hands. I took one last look over my shoulder to be greeted by no one familiar. A sea of people dancing and completely oblivious to their surroundings. This wasn’t where I belonged at all. I didn’t feel at home.

~

My phone, which had been loudly ringing, woke me up. Barley awake I fumbled to reach the phone and ended up dropping it on the ground. I let out a string of curse words and rolled myself back into my sheets trying to ignore the obnoxious ringing. Just when I though it had stopped, it began again. I let out an angry sigh and reached for my phone that was now on the floor.

The screen flashed, “Incoming call from Halvo”

“Hello?” I said very unhappy due to the fact that it was 7 am.

“Stella, are you okay?!” He said exasperated

“I’m fine, why?”

“Well, Kennedy told me he saw you and then when I went to find you I couldn’t find you and you weren’t answering your phone.” He took a deep breath and resumed talking. “Also, your car is in my driveway.”

I sat up quickly, “What?”

“Yeah, that’s basically what I said.”

“I have the keys though.”

“That’s some freaky shit.” He said “Some Paranormal Activity 5 shit.” He laughed at his own joke.

“I’ll get Joel to take me, later.”

“Okay, see you soon. Whore!” The line went dead and I smiled to myself. That kid has the ability of making me smile at any given time.

“Joel!” I sang through out the house. “Oh, Joel!” I sang again making my way to his room and knocking very loudly and immaturely.

“I know you’re in there you butthole.” I said while I kept knocking.

“Go away.”

“Aw, did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed?”

Five minutes later I found his keys placed on the kitchen counter.

“Next time keep your keys with you.” I said tossing his keys on his bed.

He groaned and put the sheets over his head. I walked next to his bed and sat on top of him.

“Stella. Get. Off.”

“Joel, get up.” I sang

“Don’t make me tickle you.”

I got up too quickly and frowned at him crossing my arms over my chest.

“You’re still here?” He asked sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

“My car is at Halvo’s.” I said taking a pen from his desk and twirling it in my fingers.

“Wait. So…how did you get home?” His eyebrows furrowed

I thought back for a while, I couldn’t remember. I started to panic and jump to conclusions. I looked over at Joel and shrugged my shoulders.

“What do you mean you don’t know!” He said standing up and grabbing one of my arms.

“I don’t know.” I said, “I don’t know.” I repeated myself pacing through Joel’s room.

“Joel, I don’t know!”

Joel stood in front of me, his arms crossed and his eyebrows furrowed. He directed me to sit and he paced around the room.

“What’s the last thing you remember?”

“I opened Halvo’s door and, and…”

“What?”

“I don’t know.”

“Maybe Halvo knows.” Joel said picking up his phone and dialed some numbers and pressed the phone to his ear. He resumed pacing the room waiting for Halvo to answer. When he finally answered their conversation was short. Joel said a series of
“Uh-huhs” , “Okay” and “What else.” He shoved his phone in his pocket and turned to look at me.

“Well, he was no help.” Joel said sitting down beside me and rubbing his temple.

“What did he say?”

“He said that all he knows is that Kennedy saw you walk out the door. He also said that when he went out to look for you John’s car wasn’t there anymore.” He placed a hand on his forehead. “Don’t tell me O’Callaghan roofied you.”

“No! Oh my god, I didn’t even have anything to drink.”

“Why were you at Halvo’s anyways?”

“I just had to talk to him and it turned out he was having a party.”

My phone rang and I stared at the caller ID; John. I clicked the daunting green button and put the phone to my ear. He immediately spoke, "Before you hang up let me explain and be very clear with you on what happened." I stayed silent and he continued to speak.

"This is going to sound well, let me say, I did not roofie you if that's what you're thinking. I kind of pushed you off the steps of Halvo's stairs. Not purposely of course, I would never do anything to hurt you. I guess where we were both standing, well isn't made for two people. I took you to the hospital and they said you'd be fine and released you to mw in a matter of minutes. I took you back home and then left. I didn't try anything funny either, are you still there Stella?"

"Goodbye John."