Status: Sadly, complete.

Blame It on September

We Are Teenage Hearts.

Ivory's POV-

It was the second week of school, and so far so good. I'm actually quite surprised that school has been going so well. My grades are good, I have friends, and I still have time to hang out with Zach. The only downfall is school starts a lot earlier than in Michigan. We started August sixth, in California. I guess having 'summer break' doesn't matter when it's hot all year round. 

Zach and I made plans for tonight. We were going to go to the mall. Just as I finished getting ready, Wes walked in. "Hey sis, where are you going?" He questioned.

"I'm going to the mall." I stated, trying to hide my smile. 

"Oh." He smirked devilishly. "With your little boyfriend."

"I-I don't have a boyfriend." That was true, Zach never officially asked me to be his girlfriend. Even though I desperately wanted him to. 

"Okay, whatever." Wes hissed. "Does mom know where your going?" 

"Yeah. I'm going to the mall, with my friend." 

Wed laughed. "Who's a boy, and far too old for you." 

I froze. "W-what? How d-did you know that?" I stuttered nervously. 

"I talked to two of the guys next-door. Michael and Cameron, or something." 

"You talked to them? You are not allowed to talk to them." I started to raise my voice again, as I spoke.

"Why not? They are just our neighbors." 

"Stop Wes, just stop. Leave them alone, and leave me alone." I said, very calmly. 

"Whatever, just don't stay out too late. I'm not in the mood to cover for you again." Wes said, falling down on the couch. 

"That was one time." I whisper, then roll my eyes. Even though my mom knew where I was going to be, I decide to leave a note anyways.  I quickly found some paper, and scribbled down a message to my mom. I told her I was going to go to the mall with my new friend. I'm sure she wouldn't be thrilled with me going somewhere in a strange city, with a boy she doesn't know. But I didn't want to stay home with Wes. 

I went and sat on my porch. I didn't feel like being around Wes any longer. As soon as I sat down, and became comfortable, Zach came outside. He smiled, and started to walk over to me. I jump up off the step, and discretely fix my hair. "Hey Zach."

"Hey Ivory, are you ready?" He asked, playing with his keys. 

I nodded feverishly, and said, "Yeah." 

"Sweet, come on." Zach reaches out and grabs my hand. Then leads me to his car. 

-
We've been at the mall for around an hour. I haven't bought anything yet, but Zach has. He purchased a new jean jacket, which he looked completely adorable in. While we walk around the mall, I feel Zach's hand take mine. Causing me to smile to myself. Then we came up to a brightly colored dress store. I stop in front of the window, and gaze in. My eyes admire the sparkly blue dress on a mannequin. It was short and strapless, with a fitted torso, then it poofs out at the waist. It was beautiful, I loved it. I look at the sign just above the dresses, it read, "It's never too early to shop for Homecoming dresses." Homecoming was next month, at my school. Then I started to slipway in a day dream. How perfect would it be if I walked in to Homecoming with Zach, too perfect. Soon enough I snapped back to reality, when Zach pulled on my hand. "Ivory?" 

"W-what?" I asked, still feeling a little hazy. 

"I completely lost you there for a minute." He laughed. "Im guessing you like that dress, huh?"

"Yeah, it's pretty." I say, shyly. 

"It would look amazing on you." He whispers. "You should try it on." 

I look over at him, with a confused face. "No way. There's no point." I said, and pulled him away from the store. 

A litlle later, we decided to sit down on a bench. "So I wanted to ask you something." Zach starts.

"I'm listening." 

"Well, I'm just going to say it. Ivory, will you be m-my girlfriend?" Zach proclaims. My eyes widen, and I smile. "Wow." Was all I managed to say. His eyebrows knitted together, "Wow?" He worried. 

"I-I mean... Yes." I nodded. "Yes, I will be your girlfriend."

"You will? Awesome." Zach smiles. 

"But we have to keep it quiet. I'm not allowed to 'date' as it is. So if they found out  I was going out with and older guy, I'll be dead." I respond, happily.

"Okay, that's fine." Zach exclaimed, while he held my hand. "So girlfriend, what do you want to do now?" 

"Lunch would be nice." 

"Sounds prefect." Zach  sang. He squeezed my hand tightly, as we started walking.

Girlfriend, huh? I like the sound of that. 
♠ ♠ ♠
So I had the chapter already wrote out, but I did t like it. So I decided to rewrite it. This chapter is kind of short, but they are officially together!! <3

Thanks for the comments and subscribes!

Thanks for reading! :)