Status: Ohhaii(: This story is UNCOMPLETED. I hope to make it AT LEAST 25 Chapters Minimum(:

Tail of the Wolves

Treize (13; Thirteen)

Recap;

One gray wolf turned his head over his shoulder, looking over past Kenzie, sadly, before leaping over a bush and disappearing in the dark.

Kenzie turned around and saw Kendall walking away, head down and ears flat, her tail dragging the ground as she walked into her den.

~ ~ ~
The Story Begins; Kenzie's P.o.V.

I looked from where the gray wolf disappeared to Kendall and back again., then at Malikai as he nudged my shoulder with his cold nose. I nuzzled against his shoulder before looking back at the den where Kendall disappeared.

Carson was sitting with Marcie at the edge of the clearing, and the wolves who had sat watching the us along with the other pack had moved to their den, or to hunt or patrol or whatever it is they do. I looked back at the den for a moment.

"Come on, love. Let's go hunt for a bit and make sure Rose and her group actually left." Malikai said softly. I looked at him and nodded, following him closely as he padded out of the clearing.

~ ~ ~
Kendall's P.o.V.

I poked my head out of the den. The sun was setting and it was getting dark quick. All the wolves had gone to their den's after dinner, most of them still asleep. All that was left were the twins and Konnor, who were sitting by the old tree talking. I looked around me in the den. Everyone was sleeping. Malikai and Kenzie had gone to their den awhile ago, and I assumed they were asleep already.

I sighed, thinking of Kenzie. I wanted to tell her, so bad, but she was an Alpha, now. Theres no way she would approve like the old Kenzie would. She had responsiblities to her pack, and the pack comes before me. I couldn't trust her with my deepest secrets anymore.

I strode out of the den, quietly, watching the three young wolves to make sure they didn't notice me. As I walked behind the den, creeping into the woods without a sound, I looked around. Spotting a mud puddle a few inches away, I quietly rolled in it, masking my scent before I kept going. I kept looking back over my shoulder every so often as I continued.

I made my why down the makeshift trail, stopping every so often to look and listen, making sure I wasn't followed. I stopped a few feet away from the river bank, watching the water and listening. I didn't hear anything behind me, or beside me, nor did I see anything.

~ ~ ~
Kenzie's P.o.V.

After a succesful hunt of catching a deer and a rabbit or two, Malikai and I headed back to the clearing. Taking a few bites for ourselves before the others started eating, we sat together and watched.

We hadn't seen any of the other pack, and from their scent trail, they headed straight over the river into their territory. We sat by the river for a moment, sniffing, trying to catch the scent Rose had claimed to be in their territory, but finding none. We assumed the rain had washed it away, so we went home.

After awhile wolves started clearing out, heading to their dens for the night. Malikai and I stayed longer, with 3 other wolves that were talking. Soon after that Malikai yawned.

"C'mon, luv. Let's head to bed. Its getting cold" He said, nudging my shoulder with his wet nose. I nodded standing up and following him behind the rock. It was getting cold., I shivered as a breeze blew through the trees.

We layed in the den for awhile. It wasn't long before Malikai fell asleep, his back turned to me. I sighed, watching the soft rise and fall of his stomach as he breathed deeply. I felt restless. Something was wrong.

~ ~ ~
Third Wolf. P.o.V

Kenzie lifted her head into the ear, listening. For what? She wasn't sure. She slowly stood from her position, careful to wake her exhausted mate. She crept over silently to the den entrance, poking her nose out. Only a wolf or two remained in the clearing.

Katie and Konnor lay at the edge of the clearing, laying close together, tails overlapping. If Kota had seen them like this, Konnor would be kibble. But; seeing as it wasn't Kenzie's place to meddle in the relationships of those around her, she didn't say anything.

It was however, her place to make sure her pack was safe and out of harms way. And something felt off, deep in the pit of her stomach. She crossed the clearing, sniffing the ground from her old den with her family, to the edge of the woods where the familiar scent, the scent she's known since puppy-hood, mixes with the scent of the leaves and moss on the ground.

"Hey, Kenzie. What'chu doin, with your nose in the ground?" Konnor and Katie were walking up to her, then, eyes curious.

She thought for a moment. Could she trust these omega ranked wolves? Or would they turn to the elders and get the entire pack involved? No. She couldn't risk it.

"Nothin, really. Just really restless and I thought I saw a rabbit run by here earlier. I was tryin to catch its scent to see if I could track it, just for something to do." She lied, smoothly. Naive Katie nodded, Konnor wasn't fooled. He eyed the pale black wolf, suspiciously, but didn't pry further. Katie nudged his shoulder and he nodded to her absently.

"I'll be there soon, I want to talk to Kenzie for a minute." He said quietly. Katie simply nodded and walked away, tail low. Kenzie sighed, sitting down in front of the young wolf.

"I know somethings bugging you. Can you feel it too?" Kenzie looked at him, curiously. "Something feels wrong. Like something bad is about to happen, but you can't really place your paw on it. You know what I mean?" Kenzie simply looked at him, trying to pry past the thoughtful look on his face.

"Kenzie, you can talk to me, y'know. If its something you want to keep a secret, I won't tell a soul. Not even Katie or the Elders or Malikai. I promise." He said, his eyes genuine. Kenzie nodded, deciding to take a chance and trust him.

"I-i think its Kendall." She said, finally. She explained the look Kendall gave her in the den after she awoke, and the look on her face after the other pack had left, and her scent on the ground, and the weird feeling in her stomach that she often got when Kendall was in trouble. A Sister Tuition if you would. Konnor simply nodded as he listened.

"You should go look for her. You're one of the quietest wolves in this whole pack. I'd offer to help, but the more wolves you have, the higher the risk of her noticing." Kenzie nodded, oddly happy to have confided in someone, even if it was a wolf she hardly talked to. She stood up and looked at Konnor.

"Thanks. " She said. Konnor nodded and lowered his head to lick his Alpha's shoulder, respectfully.

"Anything for my Alpha." He grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so absolutely sorry that this took so long. </3 Honest to god I will try to update more often, but life can get so frustrating sometimes. =/

Soo, Comment. Subscribe. Show me love. I really would appreciate knowing that you guys do enjoy it.

Suggestions are helpful as well. What do you guys want to see happen?(:

Sooo; these are your orders; Comment. Recommend to friends, suggestions, and Subscribe, if you haven't already(: Thankss(: